News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Our requests for Papo 2016-First round

Started by Concavenator, July 15, 2014, 07:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

It's pretty obvious it's not a real image.

suspsy

It's awfully late for April Fool's jokes.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

I would totally buy that Megalosaurus Iguanodon!

Fluffysaurus

I most definitly would buy the retro Iguanodon lol! Papo should make two lines. Retro and modern.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

XCLASSGAMING

I really want to see a Baryonyx, Giganotosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Indominus Rex and a Trioeignathus

suspsy

Quote from: XCLASSGAMING on August 12, 2015, 08:25:03 PM
I really want to see a Baryonyx, Giganotosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Indominus Rex and a Trioeignathus

Baryonyx has been confirmed, along with Iguanodon and Kaprosuchus. Giganotosaurus is a definite possibility perhaps in 2017. Therizinosaurus would be nifty, especially if it had feathers. Did you mean to type Tropeognathus? That would also be great.

No chance of Indominus Rex.

tanystropheus

Quote from: XCLASSGAMING on August 12, 2015, 08:25:03 PM

Papo Ornithocheirus is more likely than Tropeognathus.
I hope some high-end company gets the rights to I-rex (Threezero? Sideshow?)
A 2017 Giga by Papo or REBOR is very likely...

suspsy

As a toy company, Papo has virtually no chance of securing a license for the I. Rex as long as Hasbro's breathing. But Sideshow might be able to pull it off eventually.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on August 13, 2015, 03:23:11 AM
As a toy company, Papo has virtually no chance of securing a license for the I. Rex as long as Hasbro's breathing. But Sideshow might be able to pull it off eventually.

I would seriously consider purchasing a Sideshow I. Rex!!

Kayakasaurus

Is that a thinly veiled threat? Looks like one of us is going to have to put Hasbro on ice... It's the only decent thing to do  8) seriously though, Papo could always make a light grey spiky Giganotosaurus with thumbs :))
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

XCLASSGAMING

Yea i did mean a Tropeognathus i think it has a really cool beak design! And i know we will probs never get the I-rex but its good to dream. Also when did papo confirm these new models?

suspsy

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on August 13, 2015, 07:54:01 AM

Is that a thinly veiled threat? Looks like one of us is going to have to put Hasbro on ice... It's the only decent thing to do  8) seriously though, Papo could always make a light grey spiky Giganotosaurus with thumbs :))

Despite the lousiness of the JW toys, I don't see Hasbro giving up the license anytime soon, especially with JW2 in the works. Another thing to consider is that Papo may not be at all interested in creating such a toy. Especially given that they only produce 2-3 prehistoric figures per year.

Quote from: XCLASSGAMING on August 13, 2015, 10:00:35 AM
Yea i did mean a Tropeognathus i think it has a really cool beak design! And i know we will probs never get the I-rex but its good to dream. Also when did papo confirm these new models?

Check the thread about the interview with the Papo designer. :)

PaleoMatt

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.