News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Our requests for Papo 2016-First round

Started by Concavenator, July 15, 2014, 07:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Well.First of all,I'd like to know if Papo has already planned their upcoming dinosaurs,because if so,this topic would be kind of unuseful.Anyways,this is on the original fashion,people tell what'd them people want,then we have polls between the most wanted 5 or so.When thete's a winner,we suggest how should it look,and some help with accuracy.Hope this project is a success!  ;)

Yutyrannus

I think they probably have already  planned their figures for 2015, but we can make this thread be suggestions for Papo's 2016 figures. If so, Microraptor with accurate coloration would be nice.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

I just want a Giganotosaurus.Ceratosaurus would be cool,but Giganotosaurus...whoah that'd be something awesome!!!

Saurian

Soory,my English is poor

Hynerpeton

Brontoscorpio and or sea scorpions.

Orthrocone
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Concavenator

Thanks for the suggestions.BTW,this first round  finishes on Tuesday,23rd of July.Make sure lots of people tell what they want.The more people,the more chances we can get what we want.

Roselaar

Acrocanthosaurus, Amargasaurus and Stygimoloch would be on top of my list.

Centrosaur86

Hello! Come here my 11 suggestions for papo dinosaurs 2015. I hope firstly that papo more dinosaur models per year will make. 5 to 6 models would be nice!
Here they come:

1-Giganotosaurus. slightly longer and slightly heavier built than the T-rex.

2-Ceratosaurus. not based on the Ceratosaurus from the JP3!.

3-Daspletosaurus.

4-Baryonyx.

5-Iguanodon.

6-Lambeosaurus Magnicristatus.

7-Pentaceratops.

8-Centrosaurus.

9-Apatosaurus. Based on SideShow model.

10-A real Ankylosaurus.

11-Utahraptor. Feathered

Greetings from the Netherlands!  :D :D

tyrantqueen

Quote1-Giganotosaurus. slightly longer and slightly heavier built than the T-rex.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was T.rex not more robustly built than Giganotosaurus? Giggy was more along of the line of an allosaur in terms of build. I see Giga as being longer and more streamlined, and T.rex as bulky and thick set (especially around the neck area). Unless I'm misunderstanding you...

SpartanSquat

I really want to see an Apatosaurus based in Sideshow one! And others ones: Baryonyx, Giganotosaurus or Acrocanthosaurus(based in Galileo) and a real Ankylosaurus

Centrosaur86

hi tyrantqueen. There are fragments found of Tyrannosaurus suggesting a specimen with a length of 14.1 m and a weight of 8a 9 tons. There are dozens of skeletons of Tyrannosaurus known of around 12 m in length and around 6 tons in weight. The 2 copies of Giganotosaurus sat there 1.5 m in length and 2 tonnes in weight above. So that the population of as a whole what is robustly build, is more likely than that this is based on chance.
I read this information on Wikipedia.

Greetings :D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: kristian on July 16, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
hi tyrantqueen. There are fragments found of Tyrannosaurus suggesting a specimen with a length of 14.1 m and a weight of 8a 9 tons. There are dozens of skeletons of Tyrannosaurus known of around 12 m in length and around 6 tons in weight. The 2 copies of Giganotosaurus sat there 1.5 m in length and 2 tonnes in weight above. So that the population of as a whole what is robustly build, is more likely than that this is based on chance.

I would advise against getting your information from Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it, and it is usually laymen who do so :)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 16, 2014, 04:08:54 PM
Quote from: kristian on July 16, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

I would advise against getting your information from Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it, and it is usually laymen who do so :)
Also, check back a few days later, someone usually corrects it.

Alexxitator

I am very curious about what Papo would do to Iguanodon aswell.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Concavenator

Papo is very probably going to release a fluffy Therizinosaurus next year.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on July 17, 2014, 03:05:02 PM
What makes you think that?

stargatedalek

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 17, 2014, 03:18:09 PM
Based in this quotation by ED:
Noted the requests for 2015, we have speculated that a feathered Theropod might be worth considering as Papo extends its range to over 35 prehistoric animal replicas.  The vibes we have had is that there is not going to be a truly colossal dinosaur model made for a while yet, but they could be just kidding with us!

Since Schleich ahd CollectA have just released theirs,I think Papo would pick up a Therizinosaurus because refering to feathered dinos,it's the most safe pick,and since Papo and Schleich do pretty much have a lot of ribality,Papo would like to laugh at Scheich.Just imagine the plumage! :o

Concavenator

Though let's go to the actual topic.These are my hopes for Papo:
Giganotosaurus
Not JP inspired Ceratosaurus
Therizinosaurus (I'm 100% convinced about this one happenin in 2015)

That's it.

EDIT--And a colossal Sideshow inspired Apatosaurus!For the loong future!  ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on July 17, 2014, 03:41:00 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 17, 2014, 03:18:09 PM
Based in this quotation by ED:
Noted the requests for 2015, we have speculated that a feathered Theropod might be worth considering as Papo extends its range to over 35 prehistoric animal replicas.  The vibes we have had is that there is not going to be a truly colossal dinosaur model made for a while yet, but they could be just kidding with us!

Since Schleich ahd CollectA have just released theirs,I think Papo would pick up a Therizinosaurus because refering to feathered dinos,it's the most safe pick,and since Papo and Schleich do pretty much have a lot of ribality,Papo would like to laugh at Scheich.Just imagine the plumage! :o
Even if they do make it, it probably won't be feathered.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: