News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

the biggest surprise dino toy star for 2016

Started by DinoG, September 29, 2015, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

The biggest surprise for me is papo feathered vraptor. It proved that papo can make an accurate dinosaur if they want to

DinoG

Time for an update on this tread...I vote for Papo kaprosuchus, anybody agrees?
Run!

Silvanusaurus

Papo doing an excellent crocodilian doesn't seem that surprising to me... so in light of the 'surprise' element of the title, I'd be more inclined towards the feathered velociraptor, as despite not being a completely 'authentic' looking feathered raptor, I was still very much surprised by how well it was executed by Papo.

tanystropheus

The biggest surprise for me were the PNSO dinosaurs, Papo Iguanodon and the recent fb image of the REBOR Mosasaurus (not technically a dino) Oddities (I hope that thing gets released soon!)

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 18, 2016, 09:55:09 AM
The biggest surprise for me were the PNSO dinosaurs, Papo Iguanodon and the recent fb image of the REBOR Mosasaurus (not technically a dino) Oddities (I hope that thing gets released soon!)

What ? Where ? Any update for rebor mosasaurus ? I cant find anything new about it since last year..

Flaffy

Quote from: Arul on May 18, 2016, 10:50:01 AM

What ? Where ? Any update for rebor mosasaurus ? I cant find anything new about it since last year..
Rebor Mosasaurus?! Papo Igyanodon?! Where?  ???

MLMjp

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 18, 2016, 11:47:50 AM

All of those were announced way back before even 2016 started and none of them have been released yet minus the PNSO dinos. Besides Papo Iguanodon will be 2017, so it does not count as a surprise for this year. And the Rebor Mosasaurus FlaffyRaptors is just a fossil replica that was announced and has a picture but sadly Rebor has not said anything about it, so it is a mystery when it is going to be released, if it has not been canceled.

Flaffy

Quote from: MLMjp on May 18, 2016, 04:05:36 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 18, 2016, 11:47:50 AM

All of those were announced way back before even 2016 started and none of them have been released yet minus the PNSO dinos. Besides Papo Iguanodon will be 2017, so it does not count as a surprise for this year. And the Rebor Mosasaurus FlaffyRaptors is just a fossil replica that was announced and has a picture but sadly Rebor has not said anything about it, so it is a mystery when it is going to be released, if it has not been canceled.
That's what I was thinking as well, Tanystropheus probably made a mistake, who knows. ^-^

Daspletodave

I think it's safe to say that it is the five Favorite museum boxed sets. They came out of the blue, and, as usual are outstanding.
A close second would be the PNSO dinos.

Dobber

I believe he is referring to the Oddities line Tylosaurus fossil replica.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0