News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Limited edition brown papo T-Rex VS Regular brown papo T-Rex

Started by Papacube, December 05, 2019, 08:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papacube

Hello Everybody,

I have written a article about the two models of brown running T-rex from Papo : 55027 from 2012 and 55075 from 2019. The article is in French, but there is a video and a lot of picture.
Spoiler : the painting on the two models is different !
http://www.papacube.com/2019/04/t-rex-tyranosaure-papo-courant-running.html

2019 :

2012 :

2019 :

2012 :

2019 :

2012:

The video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=r0lKFXEB0yM&feature=emb_title

Hope you'll like it.

Shonisaurus

Without a doubt, the brown tyrannosaurus rex running from 2012 was more perfect. Thanks for sharing the video, Papacube.

CityRaptor

Well, given how much more expensive the 2012 one is, I am perfectly fine with the 2019 one having a less perfect paint job. Still need to pick up versions of so many Papos...I only have 8 in total.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

PumperKrickel

To me it looks like the new one is just missing a dark wash.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SidB

I just picked a more recent release of the original JP Spinosaurus, and it seems to have the same general difference in paint application as these two, comparing the newer one to the original. So the change-over isn't limited to the brown running T-rex.

Over9K

I like the 2019 version I recently picked up. I wasn't aware that this was a different run.

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on December 08, 2019, 06:58:46 AM
I like the 2019 version I recently picked up. I wasn't aware that this was a different run.

The pictures in the thread tell the story. The original has a visual 'weightiness' about it that gives it a stronger sense of presence. I got mine in a Mastermind shop in Toronto back in the day when it retailed for $40 Cdn. Also picked up the green one at the same time.  Don't know how Mastermind got hold of this rariety, the brown running version, but it gradually became too pricey to acquire.

On the other hand, your recent version is a very good value for the money. Dollar for dollar, you didn't lose out on this purchase. Your image has a certain glow about it that the original lacks and that distinguishes it from the original.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.