News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pachyrhinosaurus' Buildups

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, November 06, 2014, 11:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Just finished David Krentz's Stegosaurus which has also been sitting in my drawer since 2011:

[Image Removed]

The paint wasn't based on anything in particular-- I was going to give it spots like those on the Sideshow stegosaurus, but I thought it would look better without, particularly at this scale.

[Images Removed]

Now I'm off to do some 'new' pieces, though they aren't as new as they were when I originally intended to paint them.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Arul

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

paleoferroequine

Nicely done, especially in this small scale. :D
Oh, I didn't notice the cane until now, that is really nice. The insect is a crane fly, unknown species (there are 15,00  :o).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: paleoferroequine on May 15, 2015, 07:57:00 PM
   Nicely done, especially in this small scale. :D
Oh, I didn't notice the cane until now, that is really nice. The insect is a crane fly, unknown species (there are 15,00  :o).
Yes, the insect that everyone (incorrectly) calls a daddy long legs. Not knowing that a daddy is actually one of these:

8)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks!
Paleoferroequine- I recently ID'ed the insect in my cane (not a crane fly) as a robberfly. I couldn't find any crane flies or mosquitoes and this was the closest I could find.
Save Dinoland USA!

Tyto_Theropod

Nice art, Pachyrhinosaurus - the Stegosaurus really pops.

I actually have a crane fly dried and papered, sitting around ready for me to eventually get the stuff to mount it with. :P
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 15, 2015, 08:42:00 PM
Thanks!
Paleoferroequine- I recently ID'ed the insect in my cane (not a crane fly) as a robberfly. I couldn't find any crane flies or mosquitoes and this was the closest I could find.

My mistake, I should have realized that it was bigger than a crane fly in bulk although I have seen some really big crane flies  around here.

Andrew T

Very nice indeed! Is that a Woodland Scenics tree in the first diorama? I could never get mine to look that good.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks.
Yes, that is a Woodland Scenics tree. It was pre-built, which is a lot easier than making them, however more expensive, though that isn't a problem if only a few trees are needed.
Paleoferroequine, with so many species of insects, its easy to misidentify, I actually thought this was a cranefly until recently.
Save Dinoland USA!

Pachyrhinosaurus

I have another one:

[Image Removed]

Coronosaurus brinkmani from Shapeways

[Images Removed]

The coloration was inspired by the CM studios styracosaurus. My original intent was to copy that color scheme exactly, however I saw that Dan painted the Battat styracosaurus to be like that in it's next release so I modified the colors.
Save Dinoland USA!

Tyto_Theropod

I love the colours on this one! Wish I had the money/skills to make my own Richard Attenborough cane. ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks, Tyto.  ^-^
These next ones are from my diorama contest entry. Mine was #50, Cretaceous Clifftop Call. They aren't kits but I painted them so I thought I'd show them here.

[Images Removed]

This was my original idea, to have them about to fight my gorgosaurus. (The wood base under the pachys is from another project I'll post shortly.)

[Images Removed]

EDIT: I completely forgot to show this one! I only have one picture at the moment, but here's my Paleocraft Concavenator:

[Image Removed]
Save Dinoland USA!

tyrantqueen

I like how you made the two Pachyrhinosaurus reminiscent of Dan LoRusso's Agujaceratops pair :)

Doug Watson

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on February 07, 2015, 06:13:22 PM
Thanks Blade and ARUL!
As well as sculpting and customizing figures, I also enjoy making other kinds of art. Last spring, I began to carve a wooden rod  I had found in the shed to make my most recent piece. It is the cane as seen in Jurassic Park. The shaft is carved from wood. The head is resin I casted from a clay piece. The insect is not a mosquito as large mosquitos are not common where I live so I used a similar-looking insect instead, which I have yet to identify. I plan on thaking this with me to the theatre to see Jurassic World this June. I spared no expense.

Some great paint jobs here, but the thing that really caught my eye was your cane. Great job on that. They were selling replicas a while back and they weren't this nice. Did you see that a replica of Hammond's cane that was owned by Sir Richard Attenborough sold at auction back in October for £13,750. It was sold along with some of the rest of his movie mementoes but the cane brought that amount on it's own.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks.  ^-^
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2015, 03:30:54 PM
I like how you made the two Pachyrhinosaurus reminiscent of Dan LoRusso's Agujaceratops pair :)
I actually only realized that by accident when I was taking pictures. My only intent when I made them is to make them appear as differently-posed as possible, but I display them like this now.
Save Dinoland USA!

Shuvuuia

That Gorgosaurus is awesome! Is that a custom build or is that model just one I haven't heard of?

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Pachyrhinosaurus

The gorgosaurus is an original sculpture, sorry for taking so long I forgot to check/update this thread.
I did a few antediluvians. I think I'll buy the acro and call it quits for the line. They're fun to do but I'd like to focus more on bigger ones.

[Images Removed]

And all of them together

[Image Removed]

Dan's Dinosaurs Koolasuchus:

[Images Removed]

And Shane Foulkes' Triceratops:

[Images Removed]

I started out trying to copy the blue Carnegie trike's color scheme but I felt that my techniques and style didn't make it look to realistic, so I went my own route with it.
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.