News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pachyrhinosaurus' Buildups

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, November 06, 2014, 11:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

I acquired this pair almost three years ago and hadn't touched them until this spring. Only now did I get around to working on them again. They are the tyrannosaurus and triceratops from David Krentz's Shapeways, painted after the ones from Dinosaur Revolution, as was my original intent when I bought them.

[Images Removed]

These are my first ever Shapeways models. The log will be eventually glued down to hold the rex in place. I also have an antediluvian  tupuxuara I plan on painting like the sideshow one.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

spinosaurus1

nice work. I love the colors on the triceratops.

Arul

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you, Spinosaurus1 and ARUL. Its been a while since I checked this thread, but I just finished repainting a WS allosaurus to be like the one in Dinosaur Revolution.

[Images Removed]

This is the first allosaurus I bought, however the tail broke off and I bought a replacement. I've been meaning to replace the tail and customize it for a few years but only got around to it now. As well as the new tail tip, I also added spines to the neck and bulked up the throat area, as it bothered me in the original how skinny it is. I'm also working on a base which should be finished soon.
Save Dinoland USA!

0onarcissisto0

Sweet! Pretty much spot on with the actual DR design!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

tyrantqueen

I like all of your DR inspired paints so far. The Allo looks great.

Arul

Bokisaurus

Nice, did you paint them? I like the Allo a lot.

spinosaurus1

yes he did, and i love the screen accuracy of the paint scheme for the allosaurus

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks, guys. My next one will be the Antediluvian Tupuxuara by David Krentz. I received it as a christmas gift three years ago and hadn't painted it until now.
Save Dinoland USA!

Jetoar

Allosaurus is really awesome  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thank you, Jetoar.
Here's the Antediluvian Tupuxuara, I finally gave it the paint job I had in mind for three years. Colors are based on the Sideshow model.

[Images Removed]

With a penny to give a sense of scale:

[Image Removed]
Save Dinoland USA!

Arul

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks Blade and ARUL!
As well as sculpting and customizing figures, I also enjoy making other kinds of art. Last spring, I began to carve a wooden rod  I had found in the shed to make my most recent piece. It is the cane as seen in Jurassic Park. The shaft is carved from wood. The head is resin I casted from a clay piece. The insect is not a mosquito as large mosquitos are not common where I live so I used a similar-looking insect instead, which I have yet to identify. I plan on thaking this with me to the theatre to see Jurassic World this June. I spared no expense.

[Images Removed]
Save Dinoland USA!

spinosaurus1

Quen

Dinomike

Awesome!  I love the Allo! And the cane! Oh!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Paleogene Pals

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks Spinosaurus1, Quendrega, Dinomike, and Paleogene Pals.
Save Dinoland USA!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: