News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. Retired for 2018

Started by Pachyallosaurus, February 26, 2018, 03:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyallosaurus

According to the Toy Animal Wiki, the following figures will be retired for 2018:

Edmontosaurus
Gastornis
Nigersaurus
Inostrancevia
Triceratops Baby
Stegosaurus Baby
Pteranodon Baby
Tyrannosaurus rex hatchling
Smilodon?

Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone who is interested and is in need of these.

Lanthanotus

Weren't the Gastornis and Inostrancevia on the list a year ago?

Jose S.M.

Yeah, they say in their website that their quantity is limited and one gone from the store they are not going to be available again.

Shonisaurus

It is a pity that they retired the nigersaurus was the best of its kind in the toy market. A shame  :(

Fembrogon

The Nigersaurus is definitely a loss, as is Edmontosaurus, as well as Gastornis and Inostrancevia (albeit less so, maybe?).
I hope they don't really retire the Smilodon too; it's a nice, affordable representation of a classic prehistoric genus.

I won't miss those hatchlings, though; maybe Safari intends to update them?  :D

Pachyrhinosaurus

I can't imagine the smilodon will be retired without a successor. It's possible that they'll sell out this year and introduce a new one in the fall.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Shame about the Nigersaurus; glad I already have mine. Inostrancevia too. Not too broken up about the Edmontosaurus. It's a very well done model, but so under-sized compared to all the other Safari's I never had much interest in actually buying it.

Takama

The Nigersaurus was great for the time, but its neck is too short when you compare it to any known skeletal.

The Edmontosaurus was in need of a Head crest, Since it was based off of E.regelis

Jose S.M.

It's neck can be shorter but that doesn't take its charm away, I find it a lovely sculpt and of there's a  new version, depending on how it looks like,  I will prefer to keep the current one. I'm not saying it shouldn't be retired/updated, I'm just very fond to it.

Shonisaurus

The updated nigersaurus and with a larger size would be a great idea. In the style of malawisaurus and even amargasaurus. I do not care honestly that toy companies make dinosaurs and prehistoric animals without scale.

suspsy

The Nigersaurus's head is also ridiculously oversized.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on February 28, 2018, 02:52:14 AM
I can't imagine the smilodon will be retired without a successor. It's possible that they'll sell out this year and introduce a new one in the fall.

Given the quality of their mammals this year, the Smilodon (from, what, 12 years ago?) is clearly outmatched (as a sculpt, and in a fight between them!) So a really good update of a sabre tooth cat (or maybe, just maybe, a Scimitar cat for once?) should be in the works.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.