You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Safari Iguanodon wins award (Prehistoric Times 2016 figure of the year)

Started by Reptilia, January 17, 2017, 01:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

I didn't expect it to win but it's a charming little figure that I'm glad I own, well deserved. Congrats Doug Watson! :)  :))

BlueKrono

Doug, please understand that most people on the forum didn't mean to offend you with their comments, but it's legitimate to feel that way. I can understand your response to critiques from people that might have favored other figures, but keep in mind that oftentimes this has little to do with your figure. I for one am biased toward species I collect. I don't know how much leeway you have with your species choices, pose or color with Safari, but if you make a purple Plesiosaurus there's always gonna be someone who doesn't like purple, and is gonna poo-poo the figure on that basis alone. I'd like to point out that never once have I seen a forum member say anything negative about your sculpting ability, which speaks volumes about your talents as a professional in the field. Most of us very much appreciate having you as a participant in our silly banter about our likes and dislikes on this forum, and I hope the negativity won't drive you away. Congratulations on your well-deserved win!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Tyto_Theropod

I am happy to say that I own this model, having received it as a Christmas present. Whilst I have been a bit busy to take a detailed look at it, I can safely say having met it in person that the award is well deserved. Well done, Doug!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.