You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Heat manipulation for plesiosaur necks etc

Started by tyrantqueen, June 23, 2012, 04:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Hello,
I have been wondering- has anyone ever attempted to straighten plesiosaur necks into a completely straight postition with the hot water/hairdryer method, so that they are more anatomically correct? For example, figures with snaking twisty necks like this-

If anyone has ever done so, please could you post your attempts in this thread?
Thanks ;D

Also, I was unsure whether this thread would be better placed in the customisation category. Mods please make the necessary move if that is so  :)

Takama

I was just giving my blue Carnegie elasmo a nice steaming bath in the shower to strathin his neck.

It reposition itself, but not the way it used to be. Mybe a few more trys would do the charm

also
can i make a sugestion.

How about we make this the Heat Manipulation (or simalar name)
Thread
so we could post other samples from other figures?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on June 23, 2012, 06:22:30 AM
I was just giving my blue Carnegie elasmo a nice steaming bath in the shower to strathin his neck.

It reposition itself, but not the way it used to be. Mybe a few more trys would do the charm

also
can i make a sugestion.

How about we make this the Heat Manipulation (or simalar name)
Thread
so we could post other samples from other figures?
Sure :)

Also, could you post a photo of the Elasmo when it's done?  ^-^

DinoToyForum

Here's my attempt on the Carnegie Elsmosaurus. When I first finished the treatment it was a lot straighter - this photo was taken a few months later once the neck had started to creep back into the dreaded 'S' curve. But it never really looked very good to be honest, slight kinks were always visible.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.