News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your proudest catch

Started by tyrantqueen, January 25, 2013, 09:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

What do you mean?  Visits to museums?  Short stories you wrote?

Dilopho

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 27, 2016, 08:13:46 PM
What do you mean?  Visits to museums?  Short stories you wrote?
Quote from: BlueKrono on September 27, 2016, 08:40:08 AM
I've gotten lots of outstanding bargains over the years. I kind of had too as I never had much money, and I have a habit of stubbornly waiting for years and years in order to buy a figure at a price I think is fair, even if it's just a few dollars less than what one might be listed for in a recurring auction. I've acquired some holy grail pieces in my time including the Neoform and Chialu plesiosaurs, but my ultimate find was the Marx Kronosaurus in the rare robin's egg blue color, never released by Marx and only available as excavated from the legendary Marx toy dump. Everyone knows Neos and Chialus are rare, but they were manufactured, they're out there. The robin's egg blue Krono was so rare that I didn't even know if it existed, or was yet uncovered by expeditious diggers. I actually went on a 2,000 mile road trip adventure just to see if I could find one, and lo and behold I managed to acquire it (I wrote a short piece about my epic adventure, but it's too long to post here). The blue Krono remains the ultimate piece for me. Nothing else could ever top it.

sauroid

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 27, 2016, 06:39:27 PM
Is there an appropriate category to post dinosaur-related adventures in here in the DTF?
you can start a new thread about the topic.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

AcroSauroTaurus

Finding a JP3 Animatronic Spinosaurus on Ebay for 65$ after searching 3 years for one under 100$...
I am the Dinosaur King!

Toasaurus

My luckiest win was getting the battat mos amargosaurus, painted invicta stegosaurus, Carnegie 1988 allosaurus and stegosaurs , the schleich 1993 stegosaurus and triceratops , and safari baby stegosaurus all for $8 in my local second hand toystore and another time I got  at value village a collecta 1\40 scale 2008 t Rex a schleich replcia saurus stegosaurus and dienonychus trio all for under $10 and one time when I was 12 I got a painted invicta apatosaurus for $5 at a garage sale but that one's is in Alberta with the rest of my old stuff

Killekor

My luckiest find as been the collectA deluxe spinosaurus, because on amazon there was only at 145€ (😱)

A day amazon put the deluxe spinosaurus at 29,99€. How I was happy! I get him that day and have arrived in time for my travel in Barcelona to see the spinosaurus exposition!

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Brontozaurus

One of my proudest catches happened just now. WWD Polacanthus, a figure I've wanted since I was a kid, for just about $40 AUD. Found it on ebay while idly looking for dinosaur stuff, was literally been at my pc staring at the auction countdown for the last five minutes to make sure I didn't get outbid. There's still other WWD figures I want (including a replacement for the Leallynasaura I lost), but this one's easily the top of the list.

EDIT: and I just got the Carnegie Deltadromeus from the same seller. Tonight is a good night.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

EmperorDinobot

Probably Battat Diplodocus (cost me an arm and a leg), though I am proud of every catch :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.