News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your proudest catch

Started by tyrantqueen, January 25, 2013, 09:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

I now have to add to my proudest catch list a green Invicta Stegosaurus and Inpro Brontosaurus!

Dilophoraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 22, 2013, 06:14:19 PM
Quote from: Dilophoraptor on June 18, 2013, 05:11:07 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on March 13, 2013, 02:06:15 PM
Quote from: Iguanocolossus on March 13, 2013, 01:06:53 PM
Oops. I must admit, Kenner did a better job with its toyline. Seriously, how many others have Placerias, Estemmenosuchus, and Lycenops?

Erm... they didn't have Placerias (that was Tyco). Kenner had a Scutosaurus. But yeah, Kenner had much more diversity than Hasbro. Until now at least.

Speaking of the JP Kenner scuto i got a bland version(green and pale under) version at a Flea market of sorts.
(sorry if there's some sort of topic bump rule)

You mean, like this?:
http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/lost-world/lost-world-series-1/exclusives/dino-tracker-set/index.htm

yes.

Concavenator

My proudest catch is the CollectA deinocheirus .Awesome figure!!:')

Takama

Quote from: Juan Andrés on June 27, 2013, 12:43:01 PM

How well does yours stand?

Concavenator

Quote from: Takama on July 15, 2013, 02:54:07 AM
Quote from: Juan Andrés on June 27, 2013, 12:43:01 PM

How well does yours stand?
Well,when I first got it it stood well,without problems.Now it has standing problems,and I have to keep it next to some books,because if I don't do this it stands for a while and then falls.However,it's an incredible piece.

therizinosaurus

JP Quetzalcoatlus for $2.50

Iguanocolossus

In retrospect, my Batatt Edmontonia, Ouranosaurus, and Amargosaurus

dinohunter24

I don't understand the love with Invicta, they are all one solid color?  Battat on the other hand, a lot of their model I wish I could get my hand on but not reseller price. 

tyrantqueen

QuoteI don't understand the love with Invicta, they are all one solid color?  Battat on the other hand, a lot of their model I wish I could get my hand on but not reseller price. 
Hahah, I've been saying that for years, see here ;) http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,104.0.html
I never understood the love for Invicta either. I guess it's because I didn't grow up with them, so I don't view them with rose tinted lens. Battats are pretty good, some of them I don't like (Dilophosaurus, Stegosaurus) and some I love (Diplodocus, Tyrannosaurus)

Oh, and there are painted Invictas available, though they are expensive and (in my opinion) not all that impressively painted...

dinohunter24

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 25, 2013, 07:45:09 AM
QuoteI don't understand the love with Invicta, they are all one solid color?  Battat on the other hand, a lot of their model I wish I could get my hand on but not reseller price. 
Hahah, I've been saying that for years, see here ;) http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,104.0.html
I never understood the love for Invicta either. I guess it's because I didn't grow up with them, so I don't view them with rose tinted lens. Battats are pretty good, some of them I don't like (Dilophosaurus, Stegosaurus) and some I love (Diplodocus, Tyrannosaurus)

Oh, and there are painted Invictas available, though they are expensive and (in my opinion) not all that impressively painted...

Agree, I thought I was the only one that dislike Invicta but like Schleich.  No, why you have to mention the Diplodocus it one of the model I want but will never get along with the Kinto Favorite Brachiosaurus (the green one) and Apatosaurus (the Red one) and all the old Kinto dinosaur and not the new one. 

Seijun

I didn't grow up with invicta but they are my favorite line. I think the sculpting quality was very ahead of its time. Remember that all but two of their figures were released in the 70's and 80's. Compare their quality and accuracy to everything else from around the same time: the very first Carnegies, Marx, Tyco, Playskool, Inpro, ROM, Schleich classics, the first Bullys... The lambeo and dimetro were released last in 1993, and IMO they were just as accurate as the battats and have yet to be beat in toy form. Had invicta kept going with that line they would probably be the most accurate dinosaur toys hands-down.

To answer this thread, one of my proudest catches is my large sega amargasaurus. I once got a Dino Riders pachyrhinosaurus for a mere $14, near mint. I snagged my kleinwelka diplodocus for only about $13. Christmas about 3 years ago I bought a nearly complete set of large battats from ebay, mint with tags, for around $150. I love getting things as complete or nearly complete sets. My invicta collection, ROM collection, small SRGs, Tsukuda collection, Lindes, Marx, and original-color Carnegies were all purchased as complete or nearly complete sets. for a lot less than what I would have paid to buy them all one at a time.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

therizinosaurus

Well, I'm pretty proud to have bought most of my Battat figures at face value back when they were first released.
I also bought a JP Quetzalcoatlus for $5.50 once, Tootsie Toy Entelodont for a quarter, etc

Roselaar

Right now I feel the most pride about scoring a PV amphibians set for one euro each (so eight euros total), and I'm kicking myself for only buying two sets when I could have bought, like, five...

CityRaptor

Mine is probably getting the Invicta Lambeo alongside some other Invictas and the Carnigie Protoceratops in a lot for 1€ and 4 € shipping. I later sold the figures I did not want ( mainly Chinasaurs ) and made the same amount of money, meaning I got the Invictas and Proto for free.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

TSUMS

i bought the starlux ichthyostega and labyrinthodont both for a dollar on ebay...seemed like a deal to me..

SpittersForEver

Hi I got

JP T.rex from military general set          20p
invicta diplodacus                                 10p
invicta trike                                         10p

Jumble sale

Daspletodave

By far my proudest catch(es) were the Battat Diplodocus, Acrocanthosaurus, Dilophosaurus and Gallimimus. And the mini T-Tex. After getting my first Battat, a Ceratosaurus on EBay, I decided this line was worthy. I quicked snagged the next 13 in a single auction, but it took me years to track down the last four.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

ZaZZU2

The JP Red Tyrannosaurus was mine :) When it first came out I promised myself I'd buy it one day. Two decades later, I finally got it and through this forum no less.  ^-^ Big shout out and thanks to Ankoku Daishogun for the rex.

Dinomike

JP thrasher rex fof 1 $ through ebay.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: