News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your proudest catch

Started by tyrantqueen, January 25, 2013, 09:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Quote from: ZaZZU2 on June 25, 2015, 05:45:51 AM
The JP Red Tyrannosaurus was mine :) When it first came out I promised myself I'd buy it one day. Two decades later, I finally got it and through this forum no less.  ^-^ Big shout out and thanks to Ankoku Daishogun for the rex.
that's awesome. would love to see some pics. (you should start your own collection thread. you have a very cool and really valuable collection :) )
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Brown running vraptor+tapejara from safari ltd, only $5. Oh yeah and carnegie tylosaurus after 1 year of searching and the sad news came carnegie line is discontinued i finally got the figure, very proud

Shonisaurus

My best and expensive acquisitions were the Lambeosaurus and Invicta baryonyx a fossil market in my town and moreover the series opthalmosaurus walk among the dinosaurs.

postsaurischian

A few years ago I bought a new Sideshow Apatosaurus with the money I had earned by selling two big AAA Entelodont figures to an Austrian doctor on eBay. The first of these went for 210 Euros :o. After the second auction had ended I ordered the Apato ;D.

sauroid

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 25, 2015, 07:30:39 PM
A few years ago I bought a new Sideshow Apatosaurus with the money I had earned by selling two big AAA Entelodont figures to an Austrian doctor on eBay. The first of these went for 210 Euros :o. After the second auction had ended I ordered the Apato ;D.
whoah does the big AAA Entelodont still cost that much today? :o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Woah. Guess I should have gotten a few of those when I was in Münchehagen.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: sauroid on June 25, 2015, 08:46:35 PM

http://www.ebay.de/itm/AAA-ENTELODONT-BIG-VERSION-PREHISTORIC-MAMMAL-PIG-DINO-NEW-IN-SEALED-FACTORY-BAG-/121488864567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c494cf537

Here´s one for 79 dollars. So I´d say the price is a little lower than back then.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 25, 2015, 11:12:07 PM
http://www.ebay.de/itm/AAA-ENTELODONT-BIG-VERSION-PREHISTORIC-MAMMAL-PIG-DINO-NEW-IN-SEALED-FACTORY-BAG-/121488864567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c494cf537

Here´s one for 79 dollars. So I´d say the price is a little lower than back then.

Yes, I sold them shortly before they were re-released (and the Austrian doctor was obviously pretty rich and didn't have to care too much about money).
It was a case of having the right person at the right time ;).

sauroid

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 25, 2015, 11:12:07 PM
Quote from: sauroid on June 25, 2015, 08:46:35 PM

the one i got from you a few years back is still in its bag. im loving it now more than ever!  ;)

Dyscrasia

Bought the Sideshow Krentz T. rex for less than $200 back in 2009. Considering it's current price in ebay etc., I think its close to a steal.

Jetoar

My WWD Liopleurodon only 40 euros and a haul pf Jurassic Park  toys: T- Rex, Stegosaurus, couple of Coelophysis and Dimetrodon only 40 euros too.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

joossa

Quote from: Dyscrasia on June 27, 2015, 04:57:20 PM
Bought the Sideshow Krentz T. rex for less than $200 back in 2009. Considering it's current price in ebay etc., I think its close to a steal.
Nice! I got my original Sideshow Carnotaurus (v1) brand new on Ebay just 2 months ago for a little under $300.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Flaffy

For me... Nothing. (I have really bad luck :'()

Lanthanotus

As I am not collecting dinosaurs for such a long time, my list can be kept quite short..... however, few weeks ago I accidently came across an almost mint condition JP Velociraptor plush toy for 2 or 3 €, ebay US tells me it sells for like 50 bucks plus and I've never seen the likes on German ebay. Not really considering selling it though, it will most likely stay for my son, even with it's obsolete design. So this may be my "financially" best catch.

A figure I hunted for several months and which eluded me several times through different reasons is (or was) the Bullyland Edaphosaurus. Just caught it two weeks ago by pure chance in an instant buy on ebay for 20 € together with 5 other retired Bullyland figures, so it was well worth the price (tbh, I would have paid this even for the Edaphosaurus itself).

UK

You set a nice high price bar for those figures and I did well too. I should say thanks to you. I think the doctor was quite wealthy as he bought a number of figures from me at silly prices after getting in a bidding war.

St Dinos of Plasstisi

Recently was at a garage sale and got a heart-starter when I opened a huge bag to find many, many cheesy but very nice mid 90's (I think) chinasaurs.  :))

Also the enormous chinasaur Deinonychus I scored from an op shop recently... it hugemongous (never seen this type/make before!?)

BlueKrono

I've gotten lots of outstanding bargains over the years. I kind of had too as I never had much money, and I have a habit of stubbornly waiting for years and years in order to buy a figure at a price I think is fair, even if it's just a few dollars less than what one might be listed for in a recurring auction. I've acquired some holy grail pieces in my time including the Neoform and Chialu plesiosaurs, but my ultimate find was the Marx Kronosaurus in the rare robin's egg blue color, never released by Marx and only available as excavated from the legendary Marx toy dump. Everyone knows Neos and Chialus are rare, but they were manufactured, they're out there. The robin's egg blue Krono was so rare that I didn't even know if it existed, or was yet uncovered by expeditious diggers. I actually went on a 2,000 mile road trip adventure just to see if I could find one, and lo and behold I managed to acquire it (I wrote a short piece about my epic adventure, but it's too long to post here). The blue Krono remains the ultimate piece for me. Nothing else could ever top it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Minmiminime

I made the very, very bad mistake of giving all my dino toys away when I left home, thinking that I had to outgrow them, and that another child would enjoy them as much as I had; I sincerely hope that was the case, because I had a load of Invicta dinosaurs as well as the Battat Ceratosaurus, Styracosaurus, Utahraptor, Gallimimus, Amargasaurus and T. rex in my collection  :'( Luckily, I did at least hang on to the 'rex!

Since starting my collection again, I've been lucky enough to acquire an original Papo Velociraptor for £23, though it's not in tip-top condition.

I also found a Kinto Favourite Tyrannosaurus on eBay which is missing a finger, the end of its tail, and its base, but for £20 I couldn't pass it up! Who on Earth trashes a limited edition of 500?! The mind boggles!! But it's in a loving home now  :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Dilopho

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 27, 2016, 08:40:08 AM
I've gotten lots of outstanding bargains over the years. I kind of had too as I never had much money, and I have a habit of stubbornly waiting for years and years in order to buy a figure at a price I think is fair, even if it's just a few dollars less than what one might be listed for in a recurring auction. I've acquired some holy grail pieces in my time including the Neoform and Chialu plesiosaurs, but my ultimate find was the Marx Kronosaurus in the rare robin's egg blue color, never released by Marx and only available as excavated from the legendary Marx toy dump. Everyone knows Neos and Chialus are rare, but they were manufactured, they're out there. The robin's egg blue Krono was so rare that I didn't even know if it existed, or was yet uncovered by expeditious diggers. I actually went on a 2,000 mile road trip adventure just to see if I could find one, and lo and behold I managed to acquire it (I wrote a short piece about my epic adventure, but it's too long to post here). The blue Krono remains the ultimate piece for me. Nothing else could ever top it.
Is there anywhere I can read about your adventure?  :)) :)) :))
MY best find was probably....a Tyco Triceratops for 50p at a car boot sale!
I don;t have money or any way to travel so I'm usually ordering off the internet. It's sad to think what amazing things I'm missing right now... :(

BlueKrono

Is there an appropriate category to post dinosaur-related adventures in here in the DTF?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: