You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I'm curious,... what are your five most favoured Dinosaur figures....

Started by Lanthanotus, August 04, 2016, 08:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I've changed my mind a lot since I started collecting, of what I have now my favorites are

1. Favorite Saurolophus
2. Wild Safari 2017 Tyrannosaurus.
3.Battat Parasaurolophus (I think it would be second if I could fix that warped forelimb!)
4. Wild Safari Gryposaurus.
5. Wild Safari Sauropelta.

robintaylor

Carniege mammoth has to be the best mammoth produced

The new ws feathered t rex

Papo Apatosaurus

Collecta pachyrhinosaurus

Collecta Megacerops

There are others that could have been in the top five, but these stand out for me

IrritatorRaji

Of the ones I own, in no particular order :

1. CollectA Irritator

2. Kenner Jurassic Park 'Bull Rex'

3. Walking With Dinosaurs 'Ultimate Gorgon'

4. Kenner Jurassic Park 'Red Rex'

5. Papo Acrocanthosaurus

Ones I don't own, no particular order

1. Protocasts Irritator

2. Safari Feathered T.rex

3. Itoy Ceratosaurus

4. CollectA Deluxe Dimorphodon

5. Safari Carnegie Collection Cryolophosaurus

Kaprosaurus

I don't have any of these:
1. Dinomike's Spinosaurus
2. Safari Ltd. Feathered T-Rex
3. Papo Kaprosuchus
4. Safari Ltd. Kaprosuchus
5. Shane Foulkes' Ambulocetus

X

This topic is probably a dead thread, but why not do it anyways?

1.CollectA Torvosaurus
2.CollectA Feathered Tyrannosaurus
3. CollectA Spinosaurus
4.CollectA Thalassomedon
5. Wild Safari Feathered Velociraptor

BlueKrono

There's no such thing as a dead thread!

*Except one that's locked.  :-X
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

danmalcolm

PNSO Tyrannosaurus (wilson)
Papo Allosaurus
Rarebreed Deinonychus
PNSO Huanghetitan
Papo Triceratops

Lanthanotus

Hihi, nice to see this revived.... I should or could revise my own list I guess, got quite some additions since then.

Sigmasaurus

1. Carnegie Spinosaurus
2. Carnegie Giganotosaurus
3. Papo Cryolophosaurus
4. Safari LTD Feathered T. Rex
5. Old Gray Big Schleich Apatosaurus

Shonisaurus

For me it is a very difficult decision today I have many favorite dinosaurs but among the figures that I like the most are the following:

1. Tyrannosaurus rex feathered Safari
2. Tyrannosaurus rex feathered Collecta
3. Deinocheirus Safari
4. Styracosaurus Collecta 2017
5. Mamenchisaurus / triceratops PNSO.

Bowhead Whale

I would say my favorite dinosaur-prehistoric animal figures are my favorites not always because of accuracy, but also and mostly because they represent not-so-well-known species or have a sentimental value to me. I am also naming figures I succeeded acquiring. In no particular order:
- Starlux Drepanaspis. I paid so much for this lovely rarity!
- Bullyland Paratypothorax. Such a beautiful replica of this unknown species!
- Bullyland Deinotherium. The best deinotherium on the market, to my opinion.
- AAA large Entelodont. Its size matches the mounts of Masters Of the Universe (Mattel) and Dragons, Knights And Daggers (Imperial)
- AAA large Hyaenodon (same reason as Entelodont).

Archosauria

My favorite models are:

5. 1:40 CollectA spinosaurus (2014 version). I don't personally own this one, but I love the design and colors
4. The CollectA Mosasaurus. It's absolutely wonderful (and was rather hard to find for some reason).
3. The Papo Brachiosaurus. It's just awe inspiring and BIG. .
2. Safari ltd. 2017 Velociraptor. Oh how I love this one. It's like Mary Poppins; It's practically perfect in every way.
1. Carnegie Spinosaurus (2009). It's my prized possession! My ultimate find! Best $45 I ever spent!  ;D
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Lanthanotus

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 11, 2017, 04:23:48 AM
There's no such thing as a dead thread!

Looks quite lively to me after a long hibernation ;)

So,... my top 5 changed a bit. Currently I'd name

PNSO/China Post Mamenchisaurus (that's so rich in detail, it looks like a shrunken version of the real animal)
CollectA Dimorphodon (single best figure for my in the 2017 lineup)
Safari Psittacosaurus (best Safari Figure in 2017 and totally underrated imo)
CollectA Daxiatitan (repainted mine as the original color are "meh", but the sculpt is nice)
Itoy Ceratosaurus (added lips, so it can close its mouth as it should)

PhilSauria

This is a toughie! How do you narrow it down to just five? (and I'll probably want to change the list moments after i hit 'post'), but here goes; and in no particular order

1 The Carnegie Spinosaurus - I value naturalism in figures and this looks like a living animal.
2 Another Carnegie (but not a Dinosaur, clearly) The Mammoth. Dynamic lifelike pose and sculpt.
3 Way out of my price range, but the Sideshow Apatosaurus. I'd love to see an affordable version in pvc.
4 The Safari Giganotosaurus - finally one of the manufacturers did this animal justice.
5 PNSO Triceratops 'Doyle'. Provided you keep the mouth closed another dynamic & lifelike model.

A close runner up would be the magnificent Safari feathered Velociraptor (great work Mr. Watson!)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.