News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: FlawedCoil82 on June 23, 2024, 10:04:21 PMI wonder if Prehistoric Creations would ever do the Triceratops, Styracosaurus and Pentaceratops?! They were the entire reason I started buying all the Terra figures in the first place. I figured if I supported the rest of the line that it would only help increase the chances of getting the Ceratopsians.  :-\ And I also wonder if the "solid" versions are the same material that the Battat Terra figures were? I am normally against buying bootleg figures but with as incompetent and disinterested as Battat has been with those great dinosaur models that deserve a far better company, I would be willing to get them by other means if they are similar quality and not too expensive.
Battat's perennial disinterest in being forthcoming with a loyal client base has surely lost them much good will.

FlawedCoil82

Quote from: SidB on June 24, 2024, 12:03:14 AM
Quote from: FlawedCoil82 on June 23, 2024, 10:04:21 PMI wonder if Prehistoric Creations would ever do the Triceratops, Styracosaurus and Pentaceratops?! They were the entire reason I started buying all the Terra figures in the first place. I figured if I supported the rest of the line that it would only help increase the chances of getting the Ceratopsians.  :-\ And I also wonder if the "solid" versions are the same material that the Battat Terra figures were? I am normally against buying bootleg figures but with as incompetent and disinterested as Battat has been with those great dinosaur models that deserve a far better company, I would be willing to get them by other means if they are similar quality and not too expensive.
Battat's perennial disinterest in being forthcoming with a loyal client base has surely lost them much good will.

Absolutely. It has been beyond baffling to see how disinterested they are concerning those figures. With dinosaurs being pretty popular right now thanks to the Jurassic World franchise, I am sure other retailers would be interested in carrying Terra figures, but they can't keep selling the exact same 15 or so figures forever. Battat just couldn't seem to care any less about that line nor have the foggiest idea of what to do with it. And (as you said) they won't do anything to help grow a loyal customer base. Their corporate-to-customer communication is terrible and they seem to want no part of getting in the "dinosaur collector" market. It's such a shame too, because I still think both their Triceratops and Styracosaurus figures are two of the best looking budget models out there. Battat doesn't deserve to have their clueless clutches around them.

SidB

Quote from: FlawedCoil82 on June 24, 2024, 02:30:43 AM
Quote from: SidB on June 24, 2024, 12:03:14 AM

Absolutely. It has been beyond baffling to see how disinterested they are concerning those figures. With dinosaurs being pretty popular right now thanks to the Jurassic World franchise, I am sure other retailers would be interested in carrying Terra figures, but they can't keep selling the exact same 15 or so figures forever. Battat just couldn't seem to care any less about that line nor have the foggiest idea of what to do with it. And (as you said) they won't do anything to help grow a loyal customer base. Their corporate-to-customer communication is terrible and they seem to want no part of getting in the "dinosaur collector" market. It's such a shame too, because I still think both their Triceratops and Styracosaurus figures are two of the best looking budget models out there. Battat doesn't deserve to have their clueless clutches around them.
Truly, I wish that they would sell the molds and the merchandising rights to another party, if indeed such exists. Sometimes I briefly have a fleeting hope that Battat will unexpectedly release the last repaints and the final  figures of Dan that never saw the light of day. But that's a last gasp wish, likely enough.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.