You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Top 10 Prehistoric Animal Models of the Decade (2010-2019)

Started by Concavenator, December 08, 2019, 12:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

In this thread you can tell which have been your 10 favorite (or in your opinion, the best) prehistoric animal figures of this close-to-end decade (2010-2019).

There's no need for me to say that I wouldn't even want to think about making a poll about this, if one of these type of threads have such a frightening number of figures, in a single year!  :o

Anyways, like I said, here you can tell which have been your personal favorites ( or in your opinion, which have been the best figures). So these are my favorites (and in my opinion, the best) of this decade(this list is in no particular order).

Carnegie Cryolophosaurus (2010)
Papo Styracosaurus (2011)
Carnegie Carnotaurus (2011)
Carnegie Miragia (2011)
Papo Green Running T.rex (2012)
Carnegie Brachiosaurus (2012)
Papo Dimetrodon (2013)
CollectA Guidraco (2015)
Eofauna Giganotosaurus (2019)
Eofauna Atlasaurus (2019)

What about you guys?

Loon

I can't really put them in an exact order of "favorite-ness", so, I'll list my too figures by release year. As I'm relatively new to the game (I only started collecting a little more than 3 years ago), this list is mostly limited to that time frame.

Safari Pachyrhinosaurus (2014)
Safari Sauropelta (2015)
Beasts of the Mesozoic Velociraptor (2018)
Mattel Extreme Chompin' T. rex (2018)
Mattel Legacy Collection Brachiosaurus (2019)
PNSO "Nick" the Ceratosaurus (2019)
Safari Pteranodon (2019)
Eofauna Giganotosaurus (2019)
PNSO Amargasaurus (2019)
PNSO Ankylosaurus (2019)

CarnotaurusKing

In no particular order:

Safari Ltd Sauropelta (2015)

Safari Ltd Velociraptor (2017)

Safari Ltd Tyrannosaurus (2017)

Eofauna Deinotherium (2019)

Papo Ceratosaurus (2017)

Papo Cryolophosaurus (2017)

Collecta Edaphosaurus (2019)

Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops (2015)

Papo Pentaceratops (2019)

Sim

Wild Safari Sauropelta (2015)

Wild Safari Velociraptor (2017)

Wild Safari Coelophysis (2017)

Wild Safari Microraptor (2017)

Favorite Baryonyx (2018)

Favorite Neovenator (2018)

Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2019)

Wild Safari Allosaurus (2019)

Favorite Fukuivenator (2019)

Shonisaurus

I know that I will leave many figures in the inkwell but the most beautiful figures of the 2010-2019 decade of prehistoric animals are for me the following:

Safari sauropelta,
Megacerops (2013) by Collecta
Deinotherium and Atlasaurus (2019) by Eofauna
Collecta Dimorphodon
American Mammoth Safari
Safari Pteranodon
Iguanodon de Collecta
Spinosaurus de Rebor (I don't know if it will take place in 2019 or 2020 (anyway, 2020 should be included since the decade ends next year) from my honest point of view.
Safari Triceratops

And I have many figures in the inkwell, any of them for example the Safari regaliceratops, PNSO megalodon, PNSO nemicolopterus, Safari and PNSO ankylosaurus, Safari and Collecta dimetrodon, Schleich diabloceratops or dracorex, Vitae giganotosaurus, Safari or PNSO, Collecta styracosaurus, Safari malawisaurus, spinosaurus, baryonyx or Safari neovenator, Safari and Collecta uintatherium or Collecta elasmotherium could also be among those figures.

It is a choice too limited in number for me and in my case choosing the best figure is an arduous and difficult task. It is like choosing which is the best Nobel Prize of the last ten years considering that this subject includes the Nobel Prize for literature, physics, chemistry, biology, it is something very difficult to specify in my case in ten figures.

Ravonium

In no particular order:

PNSO Anchiornis (2018)
Safari Ltd Pteranodon (2019)
Safari Ltd Velociraptor (2017)
PNSO Mosasaurus (2019)
Kaiyodo Yi (2016)
CollectA Edaphosaurus (2019)
PNSO Eurhinosaurus (2019)
Safari Ltd Ankylosaurus (2018)
Safari Ltd Triceratops (2018)

Gwangi

Restricting myself only to figures I actually own.

Safari Apatosaurus (2010)
Carnegie Miragia (2011)
Papo Dimetrodon (2013)
Safari Sauropelta (2015)
Safari Nasutoceratops (2015)
Safari Coelophysis (2017)
Safari Triceratops (2018)
PNSO Ankylosaurus (2019)
PNSO Nemicolopterus (2019)
Mattel Brachiosaurus (2019)

SidB

My top ten, in no specific order:

Safari Tyrannosaurus, feathered
Safari Sauropelta
Safari Triceratops
Carnegie Safari Carnotaurus
PNSO Ankylosaurus
Favorite Neovenator
Papo Pentaceratops
Papo Tyrannosaurus, brown, running
Eofauna Giganotosaurus
CollectA Elasmotherium

Boy, that was tough - so many outstanding sculpts left out!

Stegotyranno420

I wont include models by the more expensive companies like Rebor or PNSO

Carnegie Miragaia
Carnegie Carnotaurus
Papo Gorgosaurus
Papo Pentaceratops
Papo Carnotaurus
Papo Acrocanthosaurus(repaint)
Papo Spinosaurus
Papo Running T rex
Papo Styracosaurus
Papo Pachyrhinosaurus
Collecta Carcharodontosaurus
Collecta walking spinosaurus
Collecta Iguanadon
Safari Giganotosaurus
Safari Inostracenvia
Safari Feathered  Tyrannosaurus
Safari iguanadon
Safari Styracosaurus
Safari Pachyrhinosaurus
Safari liopleurdon
Collecta Stegosaurus
Papo Stegosaurus
Papo Allosaurus
Papo limited Spinosaurus
Safari Postosuchus
Safari Kaprosuchus
(sorry if im off at the dates)

GojiraGuy1954

I nominate

2010: Papo Velociraptor
2011: Safari LTD Kaprosuchus
2012: Papo Running Tyrannosaurus Rex
2013: Safari LTD Diabloceratops
2014: CollectA Saurophaganax
2015: Safari LTD Sauropelta
2016:CollectA Beishanlong
2017: Safari LTD Giganotosaurus
2018: Safari LTD Regaliceratops
2019: Limited edition Papo Spinosaurus
2020: So far, the CollectA Liscowicia
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

In my opinion, for me (I already voted) I find it impossible to vote only for the ten best prehistoric animal figures of the "golden decade" from 2010 to 2019. It's like choosing the top ten Nobel Prizes of all the disciplines of the last ten years, as I said in another post, or to give another example the ten best painters of all time. It is very debatable in my case.

There are many candidates for that title and the ones I have named are because I have not been able to add other toy dinosaur figures, even Mattel, Recur, Bullyland (disappeared to our misfortune) or other prehistoric animal figures could be in the top ten. It would have been more successful to decide which have been the thirty best figures of these last ten years.

Faelrin

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I agree very much with you on this.

I myself have been struggling trying to compile together a list since this topic was made, as it has been quite difficult for me to pick only ten of what have been so many stunning releases over this past decade. Perhaps with more time for me to think things through and I will probably be able to have something put together though, but it will be over ten, and probably not in any particular order. It would also ultimately be what my favorites are, and not entirely necessary what could be considered the best I guess (and that even begs the question of best in what way), which is perhaps quite hard to do with so many different genera (and companies on top of that). Perhaps it would be easier for me to pick ten of a particular company over the past decade, but with how many companies there are even that will be quite a number to pick, unless it was limited down to the usual favorites here (such as CollectA, Papo, PNSO, Safari Ltd, etc), but that still runs the risk of alienating some well made figures from other rather obscure brands. Although an alternative would be to pick ten from each year (like from the yearly polls), but even then that would be 100 figures if not more.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.