News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/18 Velociraptors "Sweeney" and "Pete"

Started by joossa, April 24, 2017, 03:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

I did manage to open Pete's mouth more, and id does not close on its own now.
But it still does not close istelf completely unless I muzzel him back with the elastic.
I also have paint issue aroudn its left eye, it does not have the dark color it is supposed to have, but a clearer green unlike the other eye.
I'll have to repaint that a little bit.

Not satisfied with my Sweene either.
The mouth is fine, but it also have the same paint issue on the left eye, but much less visible I should easily fix this.
On the other hand, the front of it's muzzle has a much annoying issue.
It has messed up black paint on it, which is not supposed to be there...
And it will be a problem for me to repaint that since fixing clear paint is really harder, I'll have trouble to make the exact same color (off-white / clear grey).

Overall not super happy with the quality control on those figures that would look amazing otherwise, a bit disappointed by Rebor.
I'm hesitant to ask for a refund, since  they are not sealed anymore, I opened them, and I don't think they'll consider my issues big enough to justify a replacement.
It's not like a part is completely broken, or the paint issue concerns a large portion of the figure, and they'll probably tell me that slight defects are to be expected on mass producted figures in that range of price...
Especially if I get new figures with same issues or new ones.