News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/18 Velociraptors "Sweeney" and "Pete"

Started by joossa, April 24, 2017, 03:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor: Velociraptors "Sweeney" and "Pete"
The raptors are males. Same scale as the Winston raptor. Jaw is articulated.

Scale: 1/18
Tease Date: 04/15/17 (Concept Art)
Black and White Image Release Date: N/A
Official Color Images Released on: Sweeney: 08/18/17, Pete: 09/20/17
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: Sweeney: ?, Pete: October, 2017

Accessories/Extras: Earthen base and a rod to hold up the model.

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Velociraptors "Sweeney" and "Pete".

Quotes:
04/14/17:
QuoteFB User: That's what it is about. this is you rebor. 3 raptor is cool. Will they all be different colors?
Rebor: Yes :)
QuoteFB User: whatttt so we have 3 raptors!!!!
Rebor: There will be at least 7 raptors all have different postures ;)

05/30/17:
QuoteFB User: those raptor will be on list of 2017? [Referring to the Sweeny model.]
Rebor: Yes

09/20/17:
QuoteMeet one of Alex's little droogies 1:18 Velociraptor Pete, coming this October!
QuoteFB User: Now im excited! Will we get a tiger paint scheme too?
Rebor:  Yes but won't be released together with Pete

Concept Art: 04/15/17:

Color Image of Sweeney: 08/18/17:

Color Photos of Pete: 09/20/17:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Megalosaurus

I'm not fan of the pose. It doesn's have much posibilities.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shadowknight1

Oh yay.  Another running raptor to fall over on its side.  This just proves they learned nothing from the failure of the Utahraptor...
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

Hopefully the rod will go straight into its torso rather than the foot as the Utahraptor did. That was the biggest issue with the original run that leaned over so much. I've asked them if they would consider switching to clear rods rather than the silver ones, which in my experience are prone to rusting on Rebor products. They said they would not as they didn't find them to be durable enough (which I disagree with), but that they would work to use better metal materials for them so that they wouldn't rust in the future.

Reptilia

Yes, the torso seems to be the most reasonable solution here. I hope the base will be more complex than that of "Winston", but I'm afraid that they'll make similar bases for all raptors instead, for a huge JP diorama concept.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Victoria B on June 03, 2017, 12:20:09 AM
Hopefully the rod will go straight into its torso rather than the foot as the Utahraptor did. That was the biggest issue with the original run that leaned over so much. I've asked them if they would consider switching to clear rods rather than the silver ones, which in my experience are prone to rusting on Rebor products. They said they would not as they didn't find them to be durable enough (which I disagree with), but that they would work to use better metal materials for them so that they wouldn't rust in the future.
I've never had any problems with my customizable, durable, discreet, and aesthetically pleasing Colorata rods, but that darned REBOR Dragonfly...

I wouldn't exactly call it "rusted", but it's having some kind of reaction, it doesn't slot into the base or insect snugly and is prone to falling because of that, it's heavy and is prone to falling because of that, and its very visible and distracting.

joossa

You'd think stainless steel wasn't that expensive...
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shonisaurus

For their sustainability they should put a transparent plastic rod as it happens with the archeopteryx of Favorite, otherwise it will be very difficult to keep it erect.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: joossa on June 03, 2017, 04:07:43 AM

You'd think stainless steel wasn't that expensive...
As an employee at an oilfield supply store that happens to sell stainless steel parts, I can tell you that it is rather expensive.  Maybe not in the smaller varieties like they'd need for this, but still more expensive than just what they've been using.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: toy2you on June 07, 2017, 05:01:28 AM
They have put transparent plastic to the products and they will become the top choices for buyers.

I have hopes that they will be resilient. In fact Reborn will have learned from his mistakes.

Shonisaurus

By the way Rebor has added three new velociraptor which I suppose will be marketed pronton step the link (for those who can properly access it) facebook,

Raptor par Gunn & Rose and raptor Sweeney in progress!

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pcb.1288644907929181/1288643864595952/?type=3&theat

tanystropheus

The colors are nice...I wonder if they will be released in classic JP colors...

The REBOR completist in me makes me want to purchase all the colors and variants, but then reality sinks in and I am all out of funds  :'(

Reptilia

The running one is so far the coolest of the pack, both in colour and sculpt, and overall I think this raptor series is the best thing Rebor has done. That said I don't like that much the JP3 couple, mainly for the pose cause the colour schemes look very well executed. Would have loved to see quills on the head of the male though. Since their crocs seem to be a reference to Metallica we have to assume these two are a reference to Guns 'n' Roses?

Rain

I just realized that this entire raptor series is almost perfectly in scale with the Chronicle rex. Really makes me want to build a diorama using them.

Reptilia

I suspect that Rebor have their own diorama planned already, albeit in a smaller scale. They said there will be a female T-Rex and the 1:35 version of the raptors, I can imagine how they will look like.

Faelrin

I see they've finally done a raptor with the colors of the male Velociraptors in TLW. I'll have to pick that one up once it's available. Nice to see the JPIII color schemed raptors as well. I wonder if they'll do the rest of the JW raptor squad down the road since they already have one in Blue's colors, which would make for a complete set of all the JP and JW raptor variants, should they do them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

And when they run out of these, there is always Raptor Alpha.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

joossa

First post of the thread has been updated with the info and pics for Pete.

I really like the pose and color scheme. They say the Sweeney version/color scheme is coming, but at a different time than Pete.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Reptilia

Can't wait to see the final product images for "Sweeney", the prototype has the best colour scheme of all so far. And this sculpt is also the one I like the most so far.

Shonisaurus

FFor forum members who are interested in velociraptor Pete www.minizoo.com.au already have them preordered on their website. I guess it will be marketed shortly in your store. I pass the link where it is said obviously out of stock.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/rebor/standard-collection/  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: