News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/18 Velociraptors "Sweeney" and "Pete"

Started by joossa, April 24, 2017, 03:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 09, 2018, 02:14:59 AM
My mistake.  I knew scott had made one since I used it for our Deinonychus here at the park.  I searched it up on google and just snagged the image addy real quick.

You could wait til David Silva does one..or maybe get his Build A Raptor kit and make one?

While I love what David is doing and have spent ALOT of money buying most of his figures, they are still more like action figures as they have all the joints and such. Also, the Ceratopsian line looks like it is going to monopolize him for the next few years, unfortunately for me as I don't really care about them. IMO, I feel that particular line is a bit too large since, like I said it's going to take a lot of time to complete before he could move on to other subjects. Great for those that want them of course.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Utilize the build a raptor kit, pose it, putty up the joints and sculpt some feathers  over them.  Fair way to make a  Deinonychus I think.  The Dromae might actually be a good base then add a larger longer head.

He has said he will have resin kits of each raptor too but those will be harder to customize.   

Victoria's Cantina

So I finally opened my Pete figure. When I opened his mouth, his tongue fell out. BBTS is replacing him for me, but I thought this was an unusual issue.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Victoria B on January 12, 2018, 12:36:39 AM
So I finally opened my Pete figure. When I opened his mouth, his tongue fell out. BBTS is replacing him for me, but I thought this was an unusual issue.
Not sure if it's the same issue but I believe the tongue also broke when Jurassic Collectibles made his review of this figure.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Fenestra

It almost looks like the peg of the neck is too long and causes the tongue to break as soon as you open the mouth?

Shonisaurus

Good to know that to keep the jaws of my velociraptor closed. That honestly is a widespread manufacturing fault on the part of Rebor from my honest, unforgivable point of view.  :( They are the figures of Rebor expensive enough to suffer such defects.

Honestly I had it with my mouth open, but it may be that collectors force their mouths violently. Mine does not break. Anyway, thanks for the warning.

Syndicate Bias

So that's why dans dinos meant why they stopped stocking rebor

Shonisaurus

Reptilia

This one is gorgeous! I'll probably pick it up with "Winston", then "Killer Queen", the Dilophosaurus and the Spinosaurus. Thank God there's Rebor providing great non-toy stuff to JP fans.

Syndicate Bias

Faelrin

I'm not going to be able to get this when it's released, but I am glad to see that it will be released soon, so maybe I can plan on getting one eventually since TLW color scheme has always been my favorite for the JP Velociraptor.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Really hope they make blue and an Indoraptor someday. As much as they are science fiction monsters, Rebor is the only brand who seems to be willing to do this for jp fans.

Shonisaurus

It is a good idea from Rebor that they start making figures for all tastes for JP lovers and for those of us who like more scientific dinosaurs.

On the other hand if they took the Indoraptor or the Indomimus sincerely in my case I would not buy it because although they will surely be very well made, they do not represent real prehistoric animals. It is true that the Vastatosaurus of the "Island of the Skull" is in the process of being manufactured, but sincerely, although I know it is a fictional figure, it seems more realistic than the other fantastic creatures of JP. That is one of the reasons why I will buy Rebor's Vastatosaurus.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 29, 2018, 06:02:52 AM
Really hope they make blue and an Indoraptor someday. As much as they are science fiction monsters, Rebor is the only brand who seems to be willing to do this for jp fans.
I was under the impression their Velociraptor "Alex Delarge" was supposed to be their representation of blue.
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/images/product_images/popup_images/10308_0.jpg
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on June 29, 2018, 02:19:56 PM
I was under the impression their Velociraptor "Alex Delarge" was supposed to be their representation of blue.
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/images/product_images/popup_images/10308_0.jpg

As far as I can tell it is supposed to be.  Her head markings don't match up however...maybe a small copyright concession.

I like the tiger striped Raptors but I did already buy the greenish colored one..so I dun know..I generally dislike repaints.

The Atroxious

I'd absolutely buy an Indoraptor or Indominus figure from them so long as it wasn't in a weird, awkward pose, as Rebor is wont to do at times. I'm really, really hoping this will happen, though I' not sure I believe it will. Still, fingers crossed.

Shonisaurus

The velociraptor nicknamed "Sweeney" will be available in mid-July at www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk I'll show you the store ad:

"" Sweeney "Reserve List Open

The book list for the new Rebor Velociraptor figure "Sweeney" is now open! Newsletter subscribers have priority. This exciting new figure will be in stock around the third week of July. Just email Everything Dinosaur to reserve your figure! "

SenSx

Hello,

Sorry to up that old topic.
I just received my 4 Rebor Raptors, most of them have no issue except Pete.
His jaw was really hard to open unlike the other ones (but they were still quite rigid).
Once I finally managed to open it without breaking it, it did not open quite well, I could not keep it as opened as for the other raptors because it slowly closed itself but not completely, and on top of that, it did not close its mouth completely anymore...
(no tongue issue)
So I just placed the very usefull provided elastic back on it, and it seems to be doing the trick, the mouth seems remains quite close again.
I will keep it on for some days.
But that means I won't be able to open it again without issues :/
What's the point of having an articulated jaw on it ?

Am I the only one in this situation ?

I am hesitant to ask for a replacement if the new one has the same issue or worse...

Thank you

Fenestra

Sometimes paint clogs up in joints.
And sometimes the solution to that is to hold that clogged up joint under the hot water tap. Let the water flow over the joint a minute and then try to wiggle it while you hold it there.
Doesn't hurt to try.  ^-^

SenSx

Quote from: Fenestra on May 05, 2020, 10:28:58 PM
Sometimes paint clogs up in joints.
And sometimes the solution to that is to hold that clogged up joint under the hot water tap. Let the water flow over the joint a minute and then try to wiggle it while you hold it there.
Doesn't hurt to try.  ^-^

Ok thanks,
but wouldn't I be risking the hot water to remove the paint on the figure ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: