News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Looking for models with specific poses for customs

Started by crazy8wizard, May 30, 2024, 11:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy8wizard

Hey all, I could use some help from some of you to find a figure or two with a specific pose for a custom I'm considering.

Are there any plesiosaur figures (plesiosaurid or pliosaurid) that have their flippers planted on the ground as if they were on the shore? I know this sounds quite specific and is typically what most collectors may want to avoid but what is the best example of this?
It would help a lot if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Elengassen

There's the Papo Plesiosaurus... not sure if that floats your boat.

One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Elengassen on May 31, 2024, 12:49:26 AMThere's the Papo Plesiosaurus... not sure if that floats your boat.

I have considered that one but I wanted to weigh my options too. If there's one with a more upright spine that would look nice but I will definitely keep this in mind!

Cenozoic Fauna

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Cenozoic Fauna on May 31, 2024, 03:17:54 AMMaybe the 1998 Carnegie Elasmosaurus? 

Oh yeah, that could work. Fortunately that model isn't hard to find or expensive, which is good because this customization project does involve cutting the figure and I would hate to do that to a hard to find or expensive figure.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.