News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Artic Figures Scam

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, December 08, 2023, 03:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

i'm just catching up on this thread now.  I'd never heard of Arctic Figures before but I have encountered this type of situation a few times in the last couple of decades, while participating in other collecting related hobbies.

I've seen both valued and trusted board members turn out to be scammers and also, trusted etailers/manufacturers turn out to be scammers.  And this is why you must ALWAYS purchase with a method that can be charged back if you don't get what you paid for.  No exceptions to this rule ever.  Even good people go bad, if pushed to.

Fortunately, these days most payment methods can be charged back with little problem, though a surprising number of people still don't know this. 

The ones that can't be charged back are paying with money orders/certified checks, bank transfers/etransfers and of course trades of physical goods (this usually happens with other board members rather than online sellers.

So always, always, always cover yourself when buying online by only using methods whereby you can recover your funds if you don't get what you paid for (eg credit cards, Paypal etc).