You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

And Prehistoric Times' Best Dinosaur Toy of 2018 is...

Started by Ravonium, April 23, 2019, 06:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PumperKrickel

deleted

Doug Watson

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 27, 2019, 07:19:33 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on April 27, 2019, 04:22:14 PM
I believe my 2017 T rex is the only Safari figure by me to win on the DTF for figure of the year and I don't think any of my extant figures have even made the list of nominees on the ATF or STS.

Your Iguanodon won figure of the year on the DTF in 2016 and your Sauropelta won in 2015.

I'll have to take your word for it P @SuperiorSpider since I have tried every search I can think of and can only find the 2017 poll.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely, if the prestigious magazine of Prehistoric Times has chosen the best dinosaurs and prehistoric animals such as the malawisaurus and mastodon of Safari respectively and the Dromaeosaurus albertensis BoTM has emerged as the winner as the best prehistoric animal model it will be for something. The people who vote in the Prehistoric Times are well-understood and sincerely understand that they are impartial. In fact other winners of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals have come out other years such as Collecta 2012's megacerops if I'm not mistaken and Collecta's dimorphodon and those two figures do not They are from an American brand.

On the other hand the work of Doug Watson is praiseworthy and plausible and honestly I also liked other figures of Safari 2018 made by him, as his triceratops and his hyaenodon for putting two examples as best figures for Prehistoric Times but honestly I will not amend my case flat to a prestigious magazine worldwide.

PumperKrickel

deleted

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 27, 2019, 08:25:28 PM
I believe my 2017 T rex is the only Safari figure by me to win on the DTF for figure of the year and I don't think any of my extant figures have even made the list of nominees on the ATF or STS.

Your Iguanodon won figure of the year on the DTF in 2016 and your Sauropelta won in 2015.

I'll have to take your word for it P @SuperiorSpider since I have tried every search I can think of and can only find the 2017 poll.

The top 10 polls for each year are in the respective "new for [year]" boards in the Dinosaur Toy Lines category: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0

Doug Watson

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 28, 2019, 01:14:38 AM
Quote from: Doug Watson on April 27, 2019, 08:25:28 PM

The top 10 polls for each year are in the respective "new for [year]" boards in the Dinosaur Toy Lines category: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0

Okay now I found them, avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum did you do "best of" or "top 10" polls prior to 2013 I can't find any on the archived forum?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2019, 03:57:35 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 24, 2019, 11:54:45 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on April 24, 2019, 09:13:40 AM
Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 23, 2019, 07:54:38 PM
I was certain the CollectA Iguanodon was going to landslide win this year. Obviously all modern Safari sculpts are absolutely gorgeous and worthy of winning this category, but the Iguanodon is absolutely perfect in my opinion.

No chance! It's not an American figure ;) .

Totally agree.

There is a hint of the provincial in the magazine, it's true.

Well.... when I last asked in 2014 PTs circulation was 10,000 and many of those readers are from Europe. All you have to do is read the letters to the editor and in almost every issue I have picked up today there is at least one letter from Europe, Asia, South America or even that strange country shrouded in mystery, Canada. For example this issue has two letters from the US and one from Tailand. So either those non-Americans are voting for Safari Ltd or they don't bother to vote. CollectA won in 2012 and tied with my Sauropelta in 2015. I can only find the winners going back to 2010 so maybe that is when the contest started. And if you think the publisher "cooks the books" I asked him why he didn't break the tie in 2015 and he said he would always leave it to the readers. Actually when it comes to biases I have always felt the online forums have a bias towards European companies. I believe my 2017 T rex is the only Safari figure by me to win on the DTF for figure of the year and I don't think any of my extant figures have even made the list of nominees on the ATF or STS.

Sorry, I thought there was a jury of the magazine.
  I shouldn't have written that. That was stupid, since I'm not interested in polls anyway.
  So ... sorry again.

Doug Watson

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 28, 2019, 05:10:10 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2019, 03:57:35 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 24, 2019, 11:54:45 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on April 24, 2019, 09:13:40 AM
Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 23, 2019, 07:54:38 PM
I was certain the CollectA Iguanodon was going to landslide win this year. Obviously all modern Safari sculpts are absolutely gorgeous and worthy of winning this category, but the Iguanodon is absolutely perfect in my opinion.

No chance! It's not an American figure ;) .

Totally agree.

There is a hint of the provincial in the magazine, it's true.

Well.... when I last asked in 2014 PTs circulation was 10,000 and many of those readers are from Europe. All you have to do is read the letters to the editor and in almost every issue I have picked up today there is at least one letter from Europe, Asia, South America or even that strange country shrouded in mystery, Canada. For example this issue has two letters from the US and one from Tailand. So either those non-Americans are voting for Safari Ltd or they don't bother to vote. CollectA won in 2012 and tied with my Sauropelta in 2015. I can only find the winners going back to 2010 so maybe that is when the contest started. And if you think the publisher "cooks the books" I asked him why he didn't break the tie in 2015 and he said he would always leave it to the readers. Actually when it comes to biases I have always felt the online forums have a bias towards European companies. I believe my 2017 T rex is the only Safari figure by me to win on the DTF for figure of the year and I don't think any of my extant figures have even made the list of nominees on the ATF or STS.

Sorry, I thought there was a jury of the magazine.
  I shouldn't have written that. That was stupid, since I'm not interested in polls anyway.
  So ... sorry again.

It's not a big deal but a similar comment was made after the results came out for a previous year so I just like to point out that it is the readers that vote and they have a pretty big circulation for such a niche magazine.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Killekor

I'm happy to see that a BotM figure won one of the Prehistoric Times awards :).

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438