News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dan's Dinosaurs: reliable ?

Started by SenSx, March 12, 2020, 10:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Hello,

Sorry for making a topic about this,
but I would like to make an order to Dan's Dinosaurs in the US.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/

I'm from Europe.
Do you know if this seller is reliable and pack well what he shipps ?
Most people only reward speed, but there is no point to receive something fast if it arrives broken.
I have had a very bad experiences with online sellers who barely protect their parcels lately.

Also do you know if I'll have to pay additionnal custom taxes and fees ?

Thank you

Ikessauro

I have been around since the days Dan has started his website and as far as I know he was always pretty reliable. We have a thread in the forum for reliable stores. http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2164.0

He always has been given good feedback here on the forum. I ordered from him before, but it's been a while since I last ordered from him. I can't say much for the packaging he is using nowadays, but I'm sure he does pack well, since he collects too.

Regarding custom taxes, that is always a possibility. Most countries have some sort of import taxes and that is on the buyer. The store owners usually can't help you avoid with that nor pay for it themselves. I guess it depends on the price of the package you are ordering.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I recommend Dan as well.  If your concerned over packing, make a note of it to him and I'm sure he will take extra care.

paintingdinos

I've ordered from Dan's a couple of times and consider him an excellent seller.

Just be aware that if you're ordering resin models, some might not ship directly from him and will instead come from whoever is doing the casting. This might be a benefit to you since a few are being cast in Europe I believe (the Sean Cooper Argentinosaurus can from Italy).

triceratops83

I'm in Australia and I've ordered tons of stuff from Dan - resin models, statues and even Favorite/Din-o-storeus resin skeletons (super fragile/brittle).
Never had a problem, especially considering I'm as far away as you can get a package transported to. I would always recommend Dan's Dinosaurs.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Concavenator

Dan's Dinosaurs is a great store. I'm from Europe (Spain) and I've ordered some figures from them, and I haven't had the least problem. Highly reccomended.

ceratopsian

Custom fees: almost certainly.  But how much depends on the regulations of your own country.

SenSx

Thanks a lot everyone.

Sadly, I think I won't choose Dan because of the custom taxes /fees
I have a big order to make, figures I've been wanting for a long time, around 400 dollars total,
and I've calculated the taxes to import them in my country and they are very high, they would add around 140 dollars to the bill.
The parcell will have some weight, so it will inevitably bring the attention of the custom services, it won't avoid the taxes.  :(

I'll have to order from the Ebay Chinese sellers  >:(
Do you know if they still send the goods given the current worldwide context ?

Shonisaurus

I recommend Dan's dinosaurs, his treatment is exceptional, I know from my own experience and I did not have to pay any customs tax in my case. Cordial, friendly and understanding treatment with the buyer.

SenSx

OK thank you.

I'll still think about it, because I really dislike buying expensive products to cheap chinese sellers.

By the way I was indeed planning to get all 3 Dino Dream Velociraptor for my 1/35 scale new collection.
What do you think about them ?
I fell in love with those sculpts with good paint job, they seem to be the best Velociraptor available at this scale quality wise.
Rebor Velociraptor are below in my opinion.
But that said, there are very few videos and pictures of them on the net, and most of them are bad quality.
Not great to have a final judgment of those collectibles :/
They are also very expensive for what they are in my opinion, 100 dollars for such tiny figure, I know people could find that crazy.
But I can afford it and I really want top quality raptors.

Mirroraptor

Quote from: SenSx on March 13, 2020, 06:25:34 PM
OK thank you.

I'll still think about it, because I really dislike buying expensive products to cheap chinese sellers.

By the way I was indeed planning to get all 3 Dino Dream Velociraptor for my 1/35 scale new collection.
What do you think about them ?
I fell in love with those sculpts with good paint job, they seem to be the best Velociraptor available at this scale quality wise.
Rebor Velociraptor are below in my opinion.
But that said, there are very few videos and pictures of them on the net, and most of them are bad quality.
Not great to have a final judgment of those collectibles :/
They are also very expensive for what they are in my opinion, 100 dollars for such tiny figure, I know people could find that crazy.
But I can afford it and I really want top quality raptors.

Dino Dream's raptors are very good products. I have several of them, and the styling and painting techniques are excellent.
Dan is a trustworthy seller. He not only represents models of major brands, but also sells artists' garage kits. A good choice for garage kits buyers.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.