News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 24, 2022, 08:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

I've recently been thinking about Dino Hazard/YVY Figures. IIRC, they would only produce figures of creatures from Brazil, and at first I thought that would limit the line's potential, but then I started realizing that I was wrong, there are actually a lot of awesome prehistoric creatures from Brazil. There are some (brazilian) species that I would like them to release, but actually, I don't know what the situation for this company is like at the moment. I mean if future release from them will be available internationally, like the Irritator. Does anyone know if their Carcharodontosaurus and further potential figures will be limited to brazilian people or not?

These are the genera I would like to see them releasing:

Theropods

Ubirajara as an undisputed no. 1!!
Ypupiara
Santanaraptor

Sauropodomorphs

Buriolestes
Macrocollum

Pterosaurs

Tropeognathus
Tupandactylus
Tapejara

These are the groups I'm most interested in (I would also be interested in ornithischians, but I'm not aware of the existence of any described Brazilian ornithischians).

I would also like to reach out to avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro . Do you know if they accept suggestions like these or do they already know what species they will be releasing next after their Carcharodontosaurus?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Concavenator on April 24, 2022, 08:55:44 PM
I've recently been thinking about Dino Hazard/YVY Figures. IIRC, they would only produce figures of creatures from Brazil, and at first I thought that would limit the line's potential, but then I started realizing that I was wrong, there are actually a lot of awesome prehistoric creatures from Brazil. There are some (brazilian) species that I would like them to release, but actually, I don't know what the situation for this company is like at the moment. I mean if future release from them will be available internationally, like the Irritator. Does anyone know if their Carcharodontosaurus and further potential figures will be limited to brazilian people or not?

These are the genera I would like to see them releasing:

Theropods

Ubirajara as an undisputed no. 1!!
Ypupiara
Santanaraptor

Sauropodomorphs

Buriolestes
Macrocollum

Pterosaurs

Tropeognathus
Tupandactylus
Tapejara

These are the groups I'm most interested in (I would also be interested in ornithischians, but I'm not aware of the existence of any described Brazilian ornithischians).

I would also like to reach out to avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro . Do you know if they accept suggestions like these or do they already know what species they will be releasing next after their Carcharodontosaurus?

Those are all great suggestions. I'm sure the person to give definitive information about the line would be avatar_hugocafasso @hugocafasso the sculptor of the models and I appologize in advance if anything I say is incorrect.

But as far as I know that whole unauthorized production by the Chinese factory and subsequent sale of the Irritator model really hurt the brand. The situation delayed the production of the Carcharodontosaurus by a whole lot, brought financial losses. But the Carcharo production was achieved in Brazil thankfully, but not to the scale that was expected. The idea of worldwide releasing the Carcharodontosaurus after crowdfunding supporters received theirs appears to have been discarded. Hugo said recently the Carcharodontosaurus would remain a limited production piece, exclusive to the crowdfuding supporters, because of limited resources to manufacture them in Brazil. At the same time, I think there's always the possibility of working something out, maybe another internation crowdfunding? Not sure. The ones that were made were all done in a Brazilian factory, but if I'm not mistaken, Hugo was the one that single-handedly assembled, glued and painted the models, which put a lot of demand on him alone and made production time quite a lot longer than expected.

I think we will have to wait until he finishes delivering all the campaign supporters' models to know if there will be any stock left to sell and how that will be carried out. Maybe a few pieces will be available, but it is still unsure. Only avatar_hugocafasso @hugocafasso can confirm it. Also the continuation of the line will depend on acquiring more funds for other models. I think maybe Hugo will focus on smaller models in the future and these smaller species would be a good choice to make in toy form if that happens.

A few campaign supporters already received their copies of unpainted Carcharodontosaurus and I myself have already received my "Toy version" copy, still waiting for the deluxe paint version.

Concavenator

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Thank you for the answer, and congratulations on your new Carcharodontosaurus, looks great! I mentioned you because I imagined you were closer to them than all of us, plus it looks like it's been a while since avatar_hugocafasso @hugocafasso visited the forum (which makes a lot of sense, after reading your post, looks like he's had an awful lot of work).

It's a pity what happened with the factory hurt them so bad, but sadly, since they're a small company, it was to be expected. I hope they recover from that as quickly as possible, and hopefully continue the line post Carcharodontosaurus release, maybe releasing more crowdfunding campaigns as you mention. I believe they said they would be releasing all their figures in 1:20 scale, so yeah, small species would be more affordable options (and I think more interesting as well, in general, figure companies don't pay a lot of attention to smaller species, and some of those like the ones I mentioned are very peculiar and interesting). If the Irritator is big already, the Carcharo is just too massive.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Concavenator on April 24, 2022, 11:18:50 PM
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Thank you for the answer, and congratulations on your new Carcharodontosaurus, looks great! I mentioned you because I imagined you were closer to them than all of us, plus it looks like it's been a while since avatar_hugocafasso @hugocafasso visited the forum (which makes a lot of sense, after reading your post, looks like he's had an awful lot of work).

It's a pity what happened with the factory hurt them so bad, but sadly, since they're a small company, it was to be expected. I hope they recover from that as quickly as possible, and hopefully continue the line post Carcharodontosaurus release, maybe releasing more crowdfunding campaigns as you mention. I believe they said they would be releasing all their figures in 1:20 scale, so yeah, small species would be more affordable options (and I think more interesting as well, in general, figure companies don't pay a lot of attention to smaller species, and some of those like the ones I mentioned are very peculiar and interesting). If the Irritator is big already, the Carcharo is just too massive.

Yeah, they may have to drop the 1:20 line in favor of a more manageable scale. I think 1:35 might be the best and most popular option

Renecito

What attracted me the most about the brand was their concept of focusing on Brazilian species at 1:20 scale so given the current situation of the company and since I personally would prefer them to continue with that concept I also support the idea of releasing small species. (But I loved the beautiful Abelisaurid they were working on)

Anyway my wish list is all about Pterosaurs.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Halichoeres

Quote from: Renecito on April 26, 2022, 01:19:14 AM
What attracted me the most about the brand was their concept of focusing on Brazilian species at 1:20 scale so given the current situation of the company and since I personally would prefer them to continue with that concept I also support the idea of releasing small species. (But I loved the beautiful Abelisaurid they were working on)

Anyway my wish list is all about Pterosaurs.

Yeah, 1:20 is a good scale for a lot of Brazilian pterosaurs: Thalassodromeus, Cearadactylus, Tapejara, Tropeognathus. It's a little bit large for giants like Carcharodontosaurus or sauropods, but it would also work well for notosuchians and many kinds of fish.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.