You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mold-A-Rama Field Museum Quetzalcoatlus limited time offer

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, February 08, 2021, 04:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Like the Sinclair dinosaur mold a rama figures, this is a new Quetzalcoatlus piece, only 15.00.  They do also have the SINCLAIR pieces for sale among others.  This mold will be only be available at the store until the end of February 2021!

Field Museum will be getting a share of the sales.

https://mold-a-rama.com/#!/Field-Museum-Quetzalocoatlus-Dinosaur/p/289960080/category=0

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks for posting! I'll definitely pick it up as well as the originals I'm missing.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Stegotyranno420

sorry, but shouldn't this be in classifieds. If I'm wrong please correct me

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 08, 2021, 05:49:10 AM

If I were selling it myself then yes. As I'm merely pointing out it's availability as a toy/collectible and where to purchase it then, no. 

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2021, 06:22:59 AM

If I were selling it myself then yes. As I'm merely pointing out it's availability as a toy/collectible and where to purchase it then, no.
Ok I agree with you, but then why is there a ebay thread in classifieds and not in dinosaur toys general? once again, I don't want to cause any aggression, I'm just curious and want to know why

Loon

I don't see the issue with this being in the general section. It's basically a new figure announcement that just happens to have a link attached.

It looks very nice, but it's not something I collect. Weirdly, I'd probably buy one if I went to the Field Museum, but online purchasing just removes that souvenir aspect for me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 08, 2021, 06:39:33 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2021, 06:22:59 AM

Ok I agree with you, but then why is there a ebay thread in classifieds and not in dinosaur toys general? once again, I don't want to cause any aggression, I'm just curious and want to know why

Because you can post your own eBay sale items in it as well.

Reuben03

Quote from: Loon on February 08, 2021, 08:07:35 AM
I don't see the issue with this being in the general section. It's basically a new figure announcement that just happens to have a link attached.

It looks very nice, but it's not something I collect. Weirdly, I'd probably buy one if I went to the Field Museum, but online purchasing just removes that souvenir aspect for me.
bang on. half the charm comes from the memories trapped in the little quetzal statue, not just the model itself.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Gwangi

Seriously tempting, but these wax figures are so fragile that I worry about breakage during shipping. Anyone order directly from Mold-A-Rama before? I didn't even know they had a web site to order from.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 08, 2021, 05:30:04 PM
Quote from: Loon on February 08, 2021, 08:07:35 AM

bang on. half the charm comes from the memories trapped in the little quetzal statue, not just the model itself.

Eh I can see the frame of mind. I've never been to the Field Museum though, not sure when I could get there. I like the Sinclair ones for nostaglia's sake and this guy feel like it would fit right in on a shelf with them.

Quote from: Gwangi on February 08, 2021, 07:06:48 PM
Seriously tempting, but these wax figures are so fragile that I worry about breakage during shipping. Anyone order directly from Mold-A-Rama before? I didn't even know they had a web site to order from.

I'm assuming they will have experience in shipping them and hopefully will make sure you get a good piece. I've never known you could order from them, it's kinda cool really.  Maybe they've taken a hit with people not going to these places their sold in the past year? 

Libraraptor

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 09, 2021, 12:42:07 PM
They don´t ship to Germany, do they?!

No, it doesn't look like it. But it looks like the machine will remain in the museum for the foreseeable future. Back when I was working at the Field Museum, I got a few Mold-a-Rama figures for forum members. I no longer work there, but it's still nearby and under normal circumstances I visit a few times a year. I'd be happy to pick a few up for people and ship them to wherever.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on February 08, 2021, 07:06:48 PM

My order just arrived today. Each was individually bubble wrapped and arrived in perfect condition.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CityRaptor

Well, that probably is okay if you are in the states, but international shipping will take several weeks, if they do ship international at all. Plenty of time to get damaged. And it would be expensive. So while I do have interest in the Q, I don't think I will risk it.

It also kinda clashes with the old school depiction of the other Mold-A-Ramas.

Although it is interesting to see that Trachodon and Corythosaurus are still available.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mine arrived today with each in perfect shape.

You can see how it fits in with the FM reissues and the size difference between new and older ones.

Seems they also have the Ankylosaurus now til March.

CityRaptor

Nice! Still not risking it.

I think your other Mold-A-Ramas also need a dusting. ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 16, 2021, 07:04:51 PM
Nice! Still not risking it.

I think your other Mold-A-Ramas also need a dusting. ;D

As does most of my collection, I'm doing a bit today, too cold to work outdoors but I live in a basement and I'm normally outside all day working so it accumulates. I guess I get the paleontologist experience of " digging" for prehistoric critters..but I'd give it up for a maid. lol

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.