News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recur : New for 2021

Started by Takama, February 04, 2021, 10:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

It's totally the company's fault that I'm advocating piracy!

Strepsodus

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on December 21, 2021, 10:55:16 AM

They're putting themselves in that position. As I said earlier, their making only 500 and selling it for four times their usual figure price. Screw this, I'm leaving this forum. I'm wasting my time here if you dont know how to be accepting. Might as well make a meme about it.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Strepsodus on December 20, 2021, 11:36:14 PM
It's a nice sculpt, but I would wait for a knockoff if it's  gonna be Recur-Quality
I haven't handled a Recur figure myself yet, but aren't their toys actually pretty well-made? I'm not talking about sculpt quality, but material quality; I'm pretty sure other members here have said their toys are quite durable.
This Sinosaurus is clearly a finer-designed model than their regular figures, and judging from the accessories and package it's probably built differently too - hence my inquiry above regarding just what type of material this model is made of.
I agree that $40+ seems high for this figure, from a precursory look; but given the aforementioned traits of this particular model it's understandable that it would be at least a little more expensive.

Duna

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 21, 2021, 05:16:44 PM
I only own a Recur figure, the basilosaurus (which is the best basilosaurus toy as it doesn't look like a monster but a lifelike model) and the material is what you would expect for a bath toy.  :))
That Sinosaurus looks like it is done in a different material.

Shonisaurus

Is there an online company in Europe that sells that precious sinosaurus? That is a superior figure of Recur, a pity that they only sell 500 copies, although obviously they prefer not to risk money.

Fembrogon

It sounds like we have to order directly from Recur's own website. I suppose, maybe if enough people bought up the remaining stock, maybe we could encourage them to do more figures like this in regular retail.....?????????????

Halichoeres

Thanks for posting that info, Flaffy!

Since there seems to be some confusion on this point, MOQ stands for "minimum order quantity." That means that if you are a retailer and want to stock it, you have to buy 500 at a time. It does not mean that only 500 will be made.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Strepsodus on December 21, 2021, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: Psittacoraptor on December 21, 2021, 10:55:16 AM

They're putting themselves in that position. As I said earlier, their making only 500 and selling it for four times their usual figure price. Screw this, I'm leaving this forum. I'm wasting my time here if you dont know how to be accepting. Might as well make a meme about it.

I personally only buy bootlegs of retired figures / figures that haven't been distributed to the UK officially

It's their own fault if they cant be bothered to send any real ones overseas
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Very sorry that some are offended by the existence of scruples.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Well, that was morbidly amusing.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Mattyonyx

I had the chance to get the Sinosaurus model, along with some older Recur toys the other members of the team chose for future reviews, and make a live unboxing. You can see it towards the end of the video.
https://www.twitch.tv/paleonerdit/v/1417405187?sr=a&t=13s
I must say, it's better than expected, a sort of mix between CollectA end Safari. Looking great from any angle.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.