News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Alternative Jurassic Park film titles

Started by DinoToyForum, August 16, 2020, 12:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

My friend and I were also discussing how Shakespeare plays are constantly 're-booted' with different actors and interpretations. Which led to my friend 'discovering' this:

"I just found out about this fragmentary surviving play of his, called 'Antediluvian Gardens.' From the following excerpt it sounds quite interesting:

Act 2, sc. i

Malcolme: Care thee for a tipple, thine tongue to whet?

Dr Krante: This thunderous melee of damp hath left me in need of greater sup. Leave me to my thoughts. Hark! What wondrous strange noise does mine ear offend?

[Enter Tyrannosaurus, in great array]

Malcolme: By my troth, it pains me great to say, but I would that I could not have predicted well this day.

Dr Krante: Stay thine hand good friend. I have a secret thee to tell, the knowing of will keep thee well. Such beast as that is fearsome strong, and can fair devour innumerable throng. In speed and strength it has no master, no carriage could be so much faster. Sees well it does, but here be weakness, for only our movement reveals us to its gimlet. So be thou steady and hold thee fast, or the next breath shall be thy last.

Malcolme: I hear thee well, my gorge rises.

Dr Krante: Oh wondrous, fearful strange, oh terrible error, that a light should now appear in yonder carriage. They aid not themselves, but, like the siren's call, do tempt yon terrible lizard to her choicest meal. I beseech thee, stay awhile in the carriage, my purpose will be plain."

;D And now I want to see this.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 17, 2020, 12:25:46 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on August 17, 2020, 11:37:52 AM
The Lost World: Jurassic Park always bugged me because there was no reason not to switch it around.
Jurassic Park 2 - The Lost World

I'd rename the Lost World franchise into:
- JP4 - Actual Jurassic Park (for extra confusion)
- JP5 - Breakout Breakdown (inspired by superior franchise Ice Age ;))
- JP6 - Park, what Park?

Future movies (prequel series):
- JP7 - Revelations
- JP8 - Rex Awakens
- JP9 - Rise of Hammond

Triple R for that sweet R rating.

Rise of Hammond makes me think of him slowly waking up and putting on a pot of coffee. :))
A scene from Rise of Hammond would look something like this.

Tagline: "Will he make it?"
Btw, John Hammond might be my favorite character in thi entire movie franchise. Might be because I could never shake Richard Attenborough's portrayal of Santa Claus. Hammond is like a dark Santa; good intentions but full of crazy. I was joking but I would probably watch an actual prequel movie about young Hammond. Imagine the fun! We see a guy with a flea circus slowly delving into madness ;D In the trailer there would probably be an epic trailer version of circus music and a little child eerily whispering: "Can't you see the fleas, mommy? They are really there!" Cut to black - "Rise of Hammond".

Newt

I'd watch Antediluvian Gardens.

Rise of Hammond seems ripe for some Field of Dreams crossover, in which Hammond is visited by dino-ghosts. "If you build it, they will come...and then we will eat them."

The sequels should have been named "Jurassic Park: Milkin' It!" 1 through whatever. Actually, they should probably have used Roman numerals to denote installments, since apparently all eras of the past are the same.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Newt on September 20, 2020, 08:43:27 PM

I'd watch Antediluvian Gardens.

Rise of Hammond seems ripe for some Field of Dreams crossover, in which Hammond is visited by dino-ghosts. "If you build it, they will come...and then we will eat them."

The sequels should have been named "Jurassic Park: Milkin' It!" 1 through whatever. Actually, they should probably have used Roman numerals to denote installments, since apparently all eras of the past are the same.

Milkin' It would be a great title for the first one to feature prehistoric mammals. Granted I still probably wouldn't watch it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park: Something has Survived
Jurassic Park: Return to Site B
Verizon Wireless Presents; Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park: Aftershock
Jurassic Park: Unchained
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.