News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

I'm going to attempt to post at least one figure from my collection every day or every other day (although I could fail miserably in this goal). Each figure will be photographed with the little schleich-man for scale (1-1/4 inches tall).

I will start things off with a personal favorite, the castagna pteranodon from 1990:

As well as the Kabaya series 3 Triceratops from 2008:

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Gwangi

That Pteranodon is really cool. I'm already jealous and I've only seen two pictures! I look forward to checking back here every day (or every other day).

brontodocus

Excellent idea! :) Hehe, now you're under constraint... ;D So all photos will contain Hans and the same white background? Cool. 8)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Brontozaurus

That Triceratops is mildly scary. All it needs is a few bloodstains and it's a zombie dinosaur!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Thundercharge

Great idea and great photos!  ;D

Click sig for my collection! :)

postsaurischian

Beautiful pics :)!
The Pteranodon is Castagna's best and my Kabaya Triceratops is purple.

I'd still love to have the Sega Amargasaurus - sooo beautiful .....

stoneage

:)  So if you post two figures on one day is that good for two days?

Seijun

brontodocus: Is Hans his name? Yes, he will be in all photos. However, a select few pieces will not be on a white background since they are too big for it.

Brontozaurus: His pupil is sort of there, he's looking waaay up into the sky! His other pupil is more visible, barely. I love his off-white color though. A leucistic triceratops! A friend of mine actually found him and the Kabaya saichania in a toy shop last week while she was vacationing in Hawaii.

postsaurischian: Thank you. I removed the amarga as my sig pic though since his neck kept looking other-worldly to me. He did not translate well to black and white.

stoneage: No, still counts as one day.

If anyone has a particular piece that they would like to see, let me know. I might have it.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

brontodocus

Quote from: Seijun on March 18, 2012, 09:56:53 PM
brontodocus: Is Hans his name? Yes, he will be in all photos. However, a select few pieces will not be on a white background since they are too big for it.
I think he's been baptized Hans by the DTF members. Hasn't there even been a poll or something? I haven't been a member back then but I saw it - other suggestions were like "Dino Snack" or the like! ;D
Helge, the Triceratops appears in several of the Kabaya series in different colours, series 1 is olive green and series 2 is purplish gray. I like this third version! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on March 18, 2012, 11:28:57 PM
Quote from: Seijun on March 18, 2012, 09:56:53 PM
I think he's been baptized Hans by the DTF members. Hasn't there even been a poll or something? I haven't been a member back then but I saw it - other suggestions were like "Dino Snack" or the like! ;D
Helge, the Triceratops appears in several of the Kabaya series in different colours, series 1 is olive green and series 2 is purplish gray. I like this third version! :)

Yes, there was a poll!

First it was discussed: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=toys&action=display&thread=1621&page=1
Then there was a poll: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=toys&action=display&thread=1667

'Hans' got the majority vote by a landslide  ;D

Seijun

Kabaya Saichania, series 3 from 2008:

Marx "Elegant Miniatures" Kronosaurus produced by Linemar, c. 1960:

copper

that saichania is really pretty!

ZoPteryx

Lio99

Seijun

Carnegie Apatosaurus baby - Early European release, acquired from the UK.

mnemosaurus

I hope you'll manage to keep up with this thread, cause it's a great idea! And I am quite sure there are lots of beautiful gems in your collection to share with us on a daily basis. I really like the idea to post just one picture/figure at a time. This way you can completely focus on just this figure, instead of being overwhelmed with herds of dinosaurs on crowded shelves  ;D.

I love your Castagna Pteranodon! And the early release Carnegie Apatosaurus is pretty awesome too..! 

Himmapaan

Quote from: mnemosaurus on March 20, 2012, 09:36:28 AMI really like the idea to post just one picture/figure at a time. This way you can completely focus on just this figure, instead of being overwhelmed with herds of dinosaurs on crowded shelves  ;D.
Ditto. I'm adopting a similar method for my collection too, though not enforcing myself with the same regularity. 'As opportunity, whims and time will allow' I think were my words.  ;D

I'm very envious of your Apatosaurus baby, Pam!

Gwangi

I love the original colors on the Carnegie Apatosaurus and baby. It is a shame they went with green instead.

Libraraptor

Whoa! I´m stunned by that Marx Krono!!!

Seijun

Marx "Elegant Miniatures" Brontosaurus produced by Linemar, c. 1960:

Castagna Tyrannosaurus, c. 1990:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: