News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

Marx "Elegant Miniatures" Pteranodon produced by Linemar, c. 1960:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Question about the Brachisaurus.

Is it really rubbery?    I only have the baby apatoe in that original color. and it feels like a big chunk of rubber.

Seijun

It is not rubbery. I have a nearly complete set of original carnegies from the US though, and they are all rubbery. Shortly after, it seems, they switched to a hard plastic in the US (keeping the original colors), and then they switched to newer colors, also in the harder plastic.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stoneage

:)  I haven't seen a new dinosaur for the last two days!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Seijun on March 25, 2012, 10:35:16 AM
Carnegie Brachiosaurus - Early European release, acquired from Germany:

The head sculpt of this european version seems to look better than the US release, were they different?

Seijun

It hasn't been 2 days! I posted one yesterday morning! I am late today.

Boki: In the Us there was an old sculpt and a new one, the new one is smaller and has a different head. This german one is the old version. I assume its the same as the old US version, but I did not compare them.

Seijun

Marx original Kronosaurus in metallic silver, 1955 - c. 1960:

Marx original Brontosaurus in metallic silver, 1955 - c. 1960:

stoneage

Where did you get the Silver Marx?

Seijun

Seijun

Marx original Tyrannosaurus in metallic silver, 1955 - c. 1960:

Seijun

Marx "Elegant Miniatures" Allosaurus produced by Linemar, c. 1960:

stemturtle

Seijun, I am enjoying the high quality of your photos in Dinosaur-a-Day.  The information that you provide about the figures should prove especially valuable to new members who are growing their collections.  *orthocone*

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Seijun

Thank you Stemturtle  :) I would love to take requests also. I have complete to near complete collections of invicta, kleinwelka, safari, carnegie, timpo, marx, linde, battat, rom, tsukuda, dino riders, cherilea, marolin, and alva, and some kaiyodos, schleichs, and disney figures.

Marx "Elegant Miniatures" Stegosaurus (missing tail tip) produced by Linemar, c. 1960:

Tylosaurus

them silver ones look like as if there are made of metal :D  Very nice stuff Seijun :D

Seijun

Marx original Kronosaurus in marbled brown and grey, 1955 - c. 1960:

AAA Entelodont (small), c. 2001 - present:

Seijun

In addition to photographing my collection, I am also documenting everything on google docs to include information on condition, age, and estimated value (to the best of my knowledge).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkQyZxEQIWFPdG1YOUdBcEhGNEM0Vmpzd2h5X0NEdnc

stoneage

You have some really nice Marx figures.  I think I paid $25 for my silver T-rex!

Seijun

Marx values jump around a lot, but recently I have seen some pretty high prices for certain colors. The prices I quote in my document are either what I paid for the item or what I would expect to pay in open bidding on eBay.

stoneage

Quote from: Seijun on April 02, 2012, 10:27:43 PM
Marx values jump around a lot, but recently I have seen some pretty high prices for certain colors. The priced I quote in my document are either what I paid for the item or what I would expect to pay in open bidding on eBay.

Yes after I posted my Marx collection a while back, I was looking on E-Bay for some Marx figures etc. that I would like to have.  I was surprized to find that prices seemed much higher then when I was looking at them some years before. 

Seijun

Highest I've seen recently was around $300 for a metallic green slim t-rex. I wish I could see what that winner's collection looks like.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: