News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

I see your Castagna T. rex has red eyes too! So at least some of them definitely had red eyes to begin with, and mine almost certainly hasn't been customised. Good to know...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Seijun

I had a feeling that topic would come up  ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

mnemosaurus

Quote from: Horridus on March 21, 2012, 06:26:09 PM
I see your Castagna T. rex has red eyes too! So at least some of them definitely had red eyes to begin with, and mine almost certainly hasn't been customised. Good to know...
My Castagna T-rex also has red eyes :)

And those Marx 'elegant miniatures'.... I want them!!  :D

Seijun

Marx "Elegant Miniatures" Tyrannosaurus produced by Linemar, c. 1960:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Seijun

Castagna Triceratops, c. 1990:

Jack in the Box Dolichorhynchops (promotional give away), c. 2007:

Harukin

Those Castagna figures are very nice. I've never seen them before.

Seijun

Carnegie Apatosaurus baby - Early European release, acquired from Germany:

postsaurischian

:) I have the mother to that baby.

Have I already mentioned that I'm loving this thread?

Seijun

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on March 24, 2012, 11:04:27 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on March 24, 2012, 09:41:24 AM
:) I have the mother to that baby.

Want to trade?  :D
Oh no. It's the very first Carnegie figure I bought back in 1988 (or was it 1989?) and I love it. I think it's much better than the later versions.

brontodocus

Oh, was the second baby the one I've sent to you? Looks familiar. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Seijun

It is the same one.

Does anyone know when Carnegie released their first model? I always though 1988, but most sources say 1989.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on March 24, 2012, 11:25:33 AM
Does anyone know when Carnegie released their first model? I always though 1988, but most sources say 1989.
I can remember exactly that the complete Carnegie Collection was standing on my desk when I left my home for a vacation in Portugal in summer 1989. I started to buy them in winter. I'm just not sure if it was late '88 or early '89.
The label on the Apato's belly says 1988.

Seijun

Post a picture of your apato, I would like to see her!

postsaurischian

Weaver

Eeheehee! Seijun, your baby Apato looks so fierce!

Seijun

Carnegie Brachiosaurus - Early European release, acquired from Germany:

postsaurischian

:) Wonderful! I've never seen that grey one.
Funny coincidence ;D, mine looks a bit different.

Seijun

Your Apatosaurus and Brachi are both beautiful, thanks for posting them. I love the old colors.

brontodocus

Hmm, but the eyes of both Brachiosaurus figures look the same, though. Anyway, either of them looks better than the current green paint job or its grey and blue predecessor. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: