News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

MesozoicJohn's Herd and Flock.

Started by MesozoicJohn, December 30, 2021, 09:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: MesozoicJohn on January 01, 2022, 03:45:18 PM
Here are 3 more models from my collection, PNSO's Wyatt the Parasaurolophus, Caroline the Corythosaurus, and Audrey the Lambeosaurus.

John :)

This is awesome!  I love how the bases make these figures pop even more than they already do.  I'm going to try to replicate this with some of my figures too.  I've already been building bases but mostly with diorama ideas in mind which is limiting.  This way every piece get's a base and can then be posed on a backdrop.  I won't got that far for lack of skill but will definitely consider putting these tyoes of bases on my figures, great work!

Ezikot

First of all, congratulations for your beautiful figures.

As other said, the bases add something special... you're really talented!

(I would put together the cory and the para or the lambeo and the para, I don't think C. casuarius and L. lambei coexisted)

Shonisaurus

By the way John, do you attach your figures to your cool custom bases? Those hadrosaurids with those bases are great.

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 28, 2022, 12:00:03 PM
By the way John, do you attach your figures to your cool custom bases? Those hadrosaurids with those bases are great.

It depends on how well they stand. Always the two legged beasties are fixed in place, low 4 legged one's and wide 4 legged one's are left loose. The Hadrosaurids are fixed because they love to fall over!

MesozoicJohn

Yinqi the Yutyrannus is now finished and has taken his place in on my collection shelves.

He has been treated to the usual de-seeming, under body writing removal, jaw fixing/filling, species name plate and a base.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for your work. Excuse me if inopportune, does that base have rocks? looks great. That yutyrannus with the new look you've given it and that high quality art base gains in beauty.

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 05, 2022, 03:08:36 PM
My congratulations for your work. Excuse me if inopportune, does that base have rocks? looks great. That yutyrannus with the new look you've given it and that high quality art base gains in beauty.

Thank you my friend.

The rocks are made from resin and once glued in place are then painted.

MesozoicJohn

PNSO Connor the Torvosaurus joins the collection.

This is a fantastic looking model of a Torvosaurus. I love the colour scheme, stance and how fine the scales are. Detail is excellent and he required very little de-seeming.

I have fixed and filled the jaw, also filled any gaps inside his mouth but other than that he is how he came out of the box.

ceratopsian

It's always interesting how a photo can catch the attention!  My immediate thought on seeing your Torvosaurus was that you had repainted him extremely successfully.  Despite seeing lots of images of him, I'd never realised quite how beautiful the factory colour scheme was. 

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 08, 2022, 03:46:36 PM
It's always interesting how a photo can catch the attention!  My immediate thought on seeing your Torvosaurus was that you had repainted him extremely successfully.  Despite seeing lots of images of him, I'd never realised quite how beautiful the factory colour scheme was.

Yes the figure is a beauty for sure. I have seen some fantastic photo's of Connor on Facebook, set in some superb settings.

The only part I have repainted is the filler I used on the gap between the moveable jaw and the neck.

Shonisaurus

The PNSO torvosaurus is great those touches of color given to the animal by the company enhance the beauty of the sculpture in a more accentuated way. On the other hand, that base and touches of the jaw make that figure more outstanding, one of the best PNSO of last year, I honestly like that figure better than the latest version of the Wilson tyrannosaurus rex of the same brand. My congratulations, for your work and your acquisition.

Grimbeard

Great addition, I have the Torvosaurus as well and I agree with your paints: beautifull sculpt with VERY fine details, nice pose and IMO the best paint scheme of all PNSO theropods. The only slight complain I have is that the colors are kinda washed in comparison with the official promo pictures, but that goes for every PNSO model .

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: Grimbeard on February 08, 2022, 06:33:44 PM
I have is that the colors are kinda washed in comparison with the official promo pictures, but that goes for every PNSO model .

Yes I have seen some very noticeable differences between the box art work and the actual model inside.

MesozoicJohn

Another day, another theropod finished and added to my collection display shelfs, Chuanzi the Tarbosaurus by PNSO.

Shonisaurus

Nice acquisition, I congratulate you. It's good that PNSO is focused on making diverse tyrannosauroids like tarbosaurus and zhuchentyrannus with acceptable sizes.

MesozoicJohn

The 'prickly' but beautiful Rosana the Miragaia by PNSO has taken her place on my collection shelfs.

She is one very colorful girl, expertly applied paints, great detail and very reasonably price made her an easy decision purchase. I did a little work on her, removing some seem lines, belly writing and filling a couple of join gaps but even before this work she looked fab.

MesozoicJohn

A-Qi the Sinoceratops joins my display models.

I love the pose and colours of this figure. I have de-seemed him, removed his belly writing and also given his head a coat of matt varnish to cover the glossy finish thaty PNSO had applied.

He is not just used for display, he regularly does battle, using my new game, with my PNSO A-shu the Qianzhousaurus. Honors are currently even.

Bokisaurus

And the herd keeps on growing!🤣
Very nice additions! It's really something else to see the PNSO models all together, it just really brings out just how amazing this line truly are and they all complement each other aesthetically 😃

Halichoeres

Looking good! Glad to hear the Sinoceratops is holding its own in battle. How do you settle on the stats?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Those bases and backgrounds really compliment these figures. Great work on them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: