News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Finally Finished.

Started by MesozoicJohn, January 02, 2022, 06:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MesozoicJohn

I finished all the work I wanted to do on my models today.

Working on them as made me even more aware of just how super these models are! The detailing, paint jobs and general over all quality is just fantastic. We are so lucky to have such superb models to pick from.

I have filled and painted all of the movable jaws, joint lines, removed and repaired/painted all of the C E and makers writing, matt varnished over any gloss varnished heads  (PNSO Sinoceratops for instance) filled and painted the gaps between my horned dinosaurs 'frills' and their body's and using a hair dryer, straightened out any bent Stegosaurus plates.
To be fair, the models are superb with out having to do any work on them, it's just I am a fussy person.

Most of the models with moveable jaws I have fixed the mouth open, details like nasal cavities are so well done it would be a crying shame not to be able to see them. On some of these I have added a back to their tounge so they do not just end in a straight line and filled the gaps between the inside of the mouth and the 'gums'.

John :)

Halichoeres

Congratulations! Until the next release that catches your fancy, of course...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.