News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

I love the patterns and colors on this...

It's probably just me but it seems like they did a photo shoot with a production model this time.  These photos don't seem to be the usual fancy promo paint variety...

Faras

Pics from Baidu (https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7835561905)

Hmm open in new tab or check original post for bigger pics .

Darko2300

Well the head certainly doesn't look as oversized in these pictures. My goodness, this topic has legs!  :))

Jose S.M.

It does look nice at those angles but my biggest issue with the figure was never the head. Its tail looks a little off putting to me for some reason.

Bread

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 16, 2022, 03:40:58 PMWell the head certainly doesn't look as oversized in these pictures. My goodness, this topic has legs!  :))
I certainly agree. Especially in the third image that Faras had posted, the head looks better proportioned to the body of the Acro. Definitely was just some bad angles to the figure in the original images.

I still find that the tail is too short.

Medzo

100% that in hand product won't look like this, but still going to be a formidable figure. I'm more concerned currently with the standing stance. But I had very skeptical views of the Yhuchengtyrannus as well and it turned out to be one of the most stable theropods so far.

Also these images are just having a more favorable perspective, the head might very well be too long.

We'll see.

Faelrin

I'm so impressed with the anatomy of the head. That's the Acrocanthosaurus I know and love. Comparing the second image avatar_Faras @Faras shared, even though it appears slightly angled, with the skeletal provided below, or alternatively, Scott Hartman's version, it looks right on. And even though I really liked the Papo Acrocanthosaurus, there was always something off with the shape of the skull that bugged me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

KrazyKaprosuchus

Okay, these new pictures have pretty much sold me. The head looks amazing thanks to these pictures. My only real gripe is the tail, but honestly it's a much lesser concern than the head.

Gwangi

These new pictures are swaying me. I particularly like how it looks with the mouth closed. I might just get this one. See? I'm not immutable.

spinosaurus1

oh how the turn tables XD

Mellow Stego

The more I see it the more I'm loving it.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on May 16, 2022, 05:06:49 PMoh how the turn tables XD
You would think we would all know to keep our judgements not so in-stone before seeing more pictures by now. :P Just joking

Shane

Quote from: KrazyKaprosuchus on May 16, 2022, 05:55:05 PM
Quote from: spinosaurus1 on May 16, 2022, 05:06:49 PMoh how the turn tables XD
You would think we would all know to keep our judgements not so in-stone before seeing more pictures by now. :P Just joking

I've come to realize that almost every reveal from almost every company will experience a sort of pendulum effect in some way. Swinging to one extreme, then to the other, before winding up somewhere in the middle.

The PNSO Acro is definitely a more whiplash example of this phenomenon though.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from:  link=msg=320067 date=1652717209oh how the turn tables XD

LOL ;D

Makes me happy to see folks are coming around to the figure, it's gorgeous and you can tell that the pnso folks put a lot of hard work into creating it.  He's going to standout from the pack with that light color scheme, very cool figure!  Can't wait to add him to the pack.

terrorchicken

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 16, 2022, 03:05:59 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on May 15, 2022, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 15, 2022, 12:43:31 AMI'm kidding, just kidding...

IDK guys, I like this new figure.  I got a weird vibe when I first saw it too.  That feeling reminded much the same like the way I felt about chunkysaurus when he came out and then later on I fell in love with chunky, now chunky is one of my favorites, LOL! 

To each their own, I'm pleasantly surprised about the lower price, I love the color and camo scheme, this one will definitely be coming home as soon as it's available on prime!

nice job with the paint! what figure is this? it looks like a Safari.

am I the only one who cant keep up or even remember all these inaccuracies/correct anatomical details for each species? Its so...exhausting, lol. I just worry about the real obvious stuff like pronated hands, dragging tails etc...and if I like the sculpt overall or not.

Same here, before deciding to purchase I simply ask myself a few simple questions.  What qualities does it possess?  How natural does it appear?  Is there enough to like like that would overcome any shortcomings?  I prefer to look at the positives before I decide to buy them  ;)

Yes, the figure is the Safari Daspletosaurus.  It's a nice little figure...

its such an improvement from the bland yellow/brown paint, I like how you used the black on the head.

back to PNSO I just ordered the olorotitan, I love the greyish purple color and the upright stance.

I do like the new acrocanthosaurus, the tail is the only thing that sticks out to me, it does seem a bit too thin.

Bread

Why is it such a big deal for members to change their opinions on a figure? Especially when new photos or promo images show the figure at a different angle.

SenSx

I'll wait to see the real in hand pics and reviews of the figure before making any definitive judgement.
The head could still be a problem.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Bread on May 16, 2022, 11:49:11 PMWhy is it such a big deal for members to change their opinions on a figure? Especially when new photos or promo images show the figure at a different angle.
because some of the conversations that were being discussed about the figure prior to these new pictures were Genuinely popcorn worthy, lol
It's not a big deal, just a funny observation seeing how stark the change of views were.

MLMjp

As always I came late to the party.

That's a good looking Acro.

Shane

Quote from: Bread on May 16, 2022, 11:49:11 PMWhy is it such a big deal for members to change their opinions on a figure? Especially when new photos or promo images show the figure at a different angle.

Chiming in here to offer my thoughts.

I would say it's fine to change an opinion, but I think the sort of "kneejerk" response to this figure shows that sometimes it's better to reserve judgment until you have a more complete picture of what's going on.

Changing opinions is great, it's good to be open to new ideas and information, but I think some of the initial reactions were so strong that it may have been better to hold off responding at all until more photos from better angles were available before rushing to judgment just to have the first say.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: