News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arqueopterix

I don't believe he has an articulated jaw. At least, there is no evidence of that. So, it should have a fair price.

Abobo

Beautiful Styracosaurus indeed (but I want that Acrocanthosaurus damnit!)

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Abobo on January 17, 2022, 01:56:25 PM
Beautiful Styracosaurus indeed (but I want that Acrocanthosaurus damnit!)

On the bright side, I think the list of rumored releases is all but confirmed now, so we definitely will get him at some point :P

Bread

Oooooo.... this is definitely a purchase for me. It is one of my favorite ceratopsians. I may be part of the few who likes this, but these earthy tones work so well with this figure!

SRF

Quote from: Arqueopterix on January 17, 2022, 01:35:18 PM
I don't believe he has an articulated jaw. At least, there is no evidence of that. So, it should have a fair price.

My bad. I thought the image of the Styracosaurus with its mouth open was of the actual model. Now I realise it's actually one of the posters that comes with the model.

All for the better.
But today, I'm just being father

Dromaenychus

I wish they had made it more to scale with the others, but I guess this a popular species and they're going for the $42 price point. I'm surprised it's not in the Museum series.
Looks like it is based on AMNH 5372.
https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:AMNH_5372.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Styracosaurus_albertensis_skull_02.jpg

SidB

Quote from: Arqueopterix on January 17, 2022, 01:35:18 PM
Again, this is very good, all to the benefit of the figure. IMO, the weakest point of PNSO's trikes are Doyle 1 & 2's articulated jaws. All of their other ceratopsians benefit from the lack of jaw articulation, which 'lack' is an asset, not a weakness.
I'm greatly looking forward to this figure.

Faelrin

Cautiously waiting for final price and paint apps. But technically I don't need this one for my collection anyways, since I have the beautiful 2019 Safari Ltd one. At least this one is another of the rumored figures confirmed so we are this much closer to getting the Acrocanthosaurus.

Now that they've done 2 ceratopsians, and 3 hadrosaurids from the Dinosaur Park Formation, I really hope they can give Edmontonia, Euoplocephalus, and Gorgosaurus some love. Edit: Chasmosaurus too come to think of it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duna

I was about to buy the Centrosaurus, but after seing this wonderful styracosaurus, the Centrosaurus may wait (forever probably) as I have to limit the number of figures I adquire. I don't like that Centrosaurus horn (I prefer the classical upright) and while chosing between these two figures that have very alike colours, the Styracosaurus glows over it. The pattern is more interesting, the frill looks superb. I have been looking for a replace of the Safari version since the day I bought it because I didn't like the rounded and warped spikes, and the overall colour, and the scales ...
This PNSO is just what I was looking for.

Carnoking

I just figured it out, looks like the Papo a Pentaceratops color scheme.

Sim

This Styracosaurus looks wonderful!  I'll be getting it! :)  If only their other ceratopsids were this nice I'd get them too.

ceratopsian

I will definitely buy this.  I like the earth tones too.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Carnoking on January 17, 2022, 03:26:35 PM
I just figured it out, looks like the Papo a Pentaceratops color scheme.

All the more reason to get him IMHO :)) It makes more sense to me to have similar-ish colourations to distant cousins than exorbitantly drastic. Plus, they should be in-scale with one another if I'm not mistaken.

Definitely prefer Anthony's overall sculpt compared to Jennie's, he gets the cheekbones and the spine more "I'm a ceratopsian!!"-y to me

I ADORE the head-on view the most!

Sidenote: I kinda prefer when PNSO's ceratopsians had smaller feet. Not sure how much more accurate this makes the current reconstructions, but the petite trotters are a lot more visually appealing to me.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Gwangi

I daresay that this is the best Styracosaurus since Battat's and captures the look of it in a similar way. That's a bold claim, I know. That said, it's not as much of a priority for me as the Centrosaurus because I have nice representations of it and not a single Centrosaurus. This Styracosaurus is a must have, but not an immediate one.

Mellow Stego

For some reason I get Favorite Co. Stracosaurus vibes from this. 

Either way I love it!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

JohannesB

Quote from: Mellow Stego on January 17, 2022, 05:28:08 PM
For some reason I get Favorite Co. Stracosaurus vibes from this. 

Either way I love it!

I own the Favorite (Soft Model Series 2) Styracosaurus too. This PNSO reconstruction is a very nice different (more realistic?) take, with much more flesh on the bones to make it bulky and healthy-looking.

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on January 17, 2022, 04:57:41 PM
I daresay that this is the best Styracosaurus since Battat's and captures the look of it in a similar way. That's a bold claim, I know. That said, it's not as much of a priority for me as the Centrosaurus because I have nice representations of it and not a single Centrosaurus. This Styracosaurus is a must have, but not an immediate one.
I have/ had a chain of Styracos from the 1/40 Battat, the mini, Favorites 1 and 2, Carnegie, 2 Schleichs, the Papo and older Safaris up to the new Safari. This PNSO DOES seem to be the best since the Battat, and this may even be the best mass produced ever, if the released product fully lives up to its promise.

Carnoking

Whereas I fully expect a downgrade to the paint apps in the final mass produced product, if it even comes close to these promo images then yes, I would go so far as to say this would be the best option out there.

Sim

I agree, if it comes close to the promo images I think PNSO's will be the best Styracosaurus, replacing the Battat as my favourite version of the genus!

Psittacoraptor

Wonderful sculpt, not so wonderful brown >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: