News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

I like it; the sculpt looks splendid and the colors are subdued but still detailed.
It'll be going on my "wait for a sale" list at those prices, though.

SidB

Definitely an immediate acquisition for me, as was the Centrosaurus, but, having seen the latest Dinosdragons review, I  am concerned about the (new?) factory's overapplication of dark brown paint at the expense of yellow, which muddies the overall effect and subdues details. Hope not - just have to wait and see.

John

It's nice to know that the rumored list of new species for PNSO is actually panning out that way.The Styracosaurus will display nicely with the equally excellent Centrosaurus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

MLMjp

Finally, a fitting Styracosaurus for my collection.

When I will be able to buy it? Thats the tricky part... ::)

Eocarcharia

Looks good, as usual. It may end up replacing the Safari Styracosaurus in my collection. But after the Centrosaurus, I'm curious to see the final product. And price.

Faras

Styracosaurus (5.5m individual) is probably $34.99, same price as Centrosaurus, available from 9:00am, 21st Jan, +8GMT.

Link: https://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=666636429100

Seems I was wrong that sale stops on 16th... there's a smaller sale through 21st atm on Taobao :o btw domestic deliveries would pause about a week before CNY.

Lynx

Interesting. I like the figure, though I'm concerned this is starting to become Papo with the choice of color scheme  ;)
I might get it? Not sure, depends on price and size. But even with some fancy posters and a box, I'm not paying 60+ for this figure sadly.

This picture looks very nice though! I doubt it is included in the box as poster form, but still something I want to point out.
An oversized house cat.

SRF

If you mean 60+ USD or Euros avatar_Lynx @Lynx, it won't cost that amount of money. It isn't in the Museum Line like their Triceratops. Like avatar_Faras @Faras said, it will probably be around $ 34.99.
But today, I'm just being father

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: SRF on January 18, 2022, 03:39:30 PM
If you mean 60+ USD or Euros avatar_Lynx @Lynx, it won't cost that amount of money. It isn't in the Museum Line like their Triceratops. Like avatar_Faras @Faras said, it will probably be around $ 34.99.
Doesn't make my wallet cry any less :P

Bread

I'll probably still get this, especially when a sale arrives. I really recommend anyone who is patient to just wait for an Aliexpress sale.

Carnoking

My concern is always the further dip in quality in the paint on later runs with PNSO. Yes, it probably won't happen within the first couple months of the figures release but ya know, it's a question to consider

Over9K

Has anyone noticed whether or not the Styracosaurus has an articulated jaw?

Grimbeard

Oh man, this is gonna be a tough choice between the Centrosaurus and the Styracosaurus. Im going to wait for in-hand pictures for my final judgement, but so far I like the head paint on the Centro more (and a prefer Centro as a species), but the sculpt on the Styraco looks even better, as well as the body paint.

I think its save to assume that this almost confirms the Acrocanthosaurus , Sinraptor and Tsintaosaurus according to that leaked list. Looking forward to all three interpretations from PNSO.

Sim

avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard, the original source for the rumoured species lists a Torosaurus too, separate from a Triceratops.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Sim on January 18, 2022, 06:53:12 PM
avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard, the original source for the rumoured species lists a Torosaurus too, separate from a Triceratops.
I wonder if the Torosaurus will be the next reveal? They seem to be getting their ceratopsians out of the way first.

Duck

PNSO had better reveal their Acrocanthosaurus soon, I've been looking for a good Acrocanthosaurus for a good while, and I'm pretty sure PNSO will deliver.
He who dwells in pond

Shadowknight1

Styracosaurus looks amazing!  I am still waiting for the Acrocanthosaurus though!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Rivera2171

Quote from: Over9K on January 18, 2022, 06:22:07 PM
Has anyone noticed whether or not the Styracosaurus has an articulated jaw?

The Styra does not have an articulated jaw. There is a poster depicting an open maw shown on a previous reply, but that is not directly from the PNSO Styra figure.

Antey

Quote from: Sim on January 18, 2022, 06:53:12 PM
Curiously, Doyle ver.2 is based on a skeleton that some interpret as a Torosaurus. The characteristic rectangular shape of the head shield distinguishes it from typical Triceratops with rounded shields. It is this specific uncertainty that makes me think about the acquisition. Old Doyle is closer to the classic Triceratops. In addition, on sale it costs almost twice as cheaper.

SidB

We have a definite blurring of the lines with Doyle 2. Following on the heels of Eofauna's Yoshi's trike, this has been an interesting time for affectionados of this genus. I'm looking forward to see how PNSO differentiates the anticipated Torosaurus from Doyle 2.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: