News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

This one looks really nice. Sadly it seems to be one of their expensive models and PNSO is just out of reach for me right now, since shipping almost makes the cost double for me.

Lynx

Looks nice but I'll have to pass, likely too expensive.
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

Also, looks like the tier list will have to be updated!  :D
An oversized house cat.

SRF

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. this one is not in the more expensive Museum Line, so it won't be among the most expensive figures from PNSO.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on January 05, 2022, 05:26:48 PM
Also, looks like the tier list will have to be updated!  :D
I wouldn't just yet, I'd wait for in hand pictures as more than likely it will have not as bright of a paint job as the promo pics.

MLMjp

Oh! Centrosaurus finally has a figure!

JohannesB

All very nice. I may get this Centrosaurus, since I don't have any figure of that species. I wish I could have most of the PNSO figures, especially the figures that have come out since the beautiful Parasaurolophus, with their beautiful sculpts and fine skin textures. Like almost everyone else, I have to prioritize, and therefore I am very critical about what I expect from a dinosaur toy model concerning esthetics and scientific accuracy. But if there comes a Styracosaurus as well, I might want that in stead.

My first PNSO figure was the Ankylosaurus (mine has a nice paint app with many different subtle colors - I guess I got it before PACS set in), and I also have the Tyrannosaurus rex (the latest one, late 2020 'Winter Wilson'), Tarbosaurus, Triceratops and Iguanodon. In my eyes, when seeing these quite magnificent figures beside my toy models of other companies, they have made many of these companies a bit irrelevant for me, even though I love some of my older Safari and Carnegie models (especially after having repainted them). Of course, this is all subjective, and ultimately it would only amount to comparing apples and oranges, and there are of course people who just can't stand many of PNSO's figures ;-)

I am happily awaiting what PNSO has in store for us this and the coming years. It will be a lot, I am sure. If there is one thing I would not mind is that PNSO drop all that fluff in the Dinosaur Museum series to help keep the price down to a more reasonable level. (But then again that would probably mean there is no more reason to sell those figures at much higher prices. I don't know anything about PNSO's marketing strategy, but I guess that series sells well enough.)

An Acrocanthosaurus figure would be nice too, since I don't have any figure of that species either.

Grimbeard

I was planing to add a Centrosaurinae to my collection this year anyway and was originally planning to add PNSOs Pachyrhinosaurus, but this makes me second guessing, especially since Centrosaurus is my second favorite ceratopsian.

I'm gonna wait until I saw in-hand pictures though, I have learned to be careful with promo pictures (in both directions).

Jose S.M.

Quote from: SRF on January 05, 2022, 05:43:30 PM
avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. this one is not in the more expensive Museum Line, so it won't be among the most expensive figures from PNSO.

That's encouraging to hear! I haven't bought anything since early 2020. But I'm in a position to start collecting again and several of  the "normal" PNSO are in my list

Gwangi

I eagerly await the Acrocanthosaurus too, I'm certain it would replace the Battat, Safari, and CollectA Acros currently in my collection. It's one of the few apex predatory theropods that piques my interest anymore. Hopefully it's in a price bracket similar to the Tarbosaurus.

Fembrogon

Centrosaurus looks very promising; this is one of those "classic" dinosaur genera that's had surprisingly few toys made. Hopefully the price point will be low as others are speculating.

Eocarcharia

Looks great. Finally a good Centrosaurus model. I will almost definitely be getting this one, provided of course the price isn't excessively high and the final product doesn't drop to much in quality.

As for the now highly likely Acrocanthosaurus, it sounds great until you realize it'll probably be another $60 museum figure like the Iguanodon.

Lynx

I still don't understand how that "iguanodon" is a museum figure. It isn't accurate in the slightest.
Hoping the Acrocanthosaurus will be better and worth the price.
An oversized house cat.

Sim

Quote from: Eocarcharia on January 05, 2022, 07:11:27 PM
As for the now highly likely Acrocanthosaurus, it sounds great until you realize it'll probably be another $60 museum figure like the Iguanodon.

I'm okay with paying the price of the museum line figures if their quality is good enough.  I want a PNSO Acrocanthosaurus to be in 1:35 scale, if it needs to be in the museum line for that to happen I'm okay with it.

SRF

I wouldn't be so sure that Acrocanthosaurus will be a Museum Line model. Only the species that are best known to the public are released in the Museum line in the last couple of years, T. Rex, Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus being the only theropods. If species like Carcharodontosaurus and Tarbosaurus are released in the standard line, I expect Acrocanthosaurus will be too.
But today, I'm just being father

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Lynx on January 05, 2022, 07:19:45 PM
I still don't understand how that "iguanodon" is a museum figure. It isn't accurate in the slightest.
Hoping the Acrocanthosaurus will be better and worth the price.
Don't mean to start an argument, and please do correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought the body of the Iguanodon was perfect besides the head in terms of accuracy. Or am I looking at it wrong? I probably won't grab it either way due to the hideous and inaccurate head, I was just curious.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Sim on January 05, 2022, 07:40:49 PM
Quote from: Eocarcharia on January 05, 2022, 07:11:27 PM

I'm okay with paying the price of the museum line figures if their quality is good enough.  I want a PNSO Acrocanthosaurus to be in 1:35 scale, if it needs to be in the museum line for that to happen I'm okay with it.
I agree about the scale. Despite my comment, I would probably buy it anyway since it's one of my favorite dinosaurs.

Quote from: SRF on January 05, 2022, 07:54:48 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that Acrocanthosaurus will be a Museum Line model. Only the species that are best known to the public are released in the Museum line in the last couple of years, T. Rex, Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus being the only theropods. If species like Carcharodontosaurus and Tarbosaurus are released in the standard line, I expect Acrocanthosaurus will be too.
Also a good point. Acrocanthosaurus is pretty popular though, probably no less than, say, Amargasaurus. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: paleochris on January 05, 2022, 12:34:04 PM
Thank you very much! What is the reason for this evolution of the horn? It curves with the age of the animal? sexual dimorphism?

To come back to the figurine, I find the color scheme very good, neutral and sober on the body, and some colored touches on the crest, it's the image I have of this type of animals!
From what I understand I think it might just be individual variation, tho I've heard it might also be ontogenetic.

Really excited for this figure, its been too long since we got a Centrosaurus.

Sim

K @KrazyKaprosuchus, I think the head of the PNSO Iguanodon is fine, it seems to match a skeletal that was shared in the PNSO 2021 thread.  I'm not certain whether it should have cheeks.  The position of its hands appears to be inaccurate though.

Psittacoraptor

Another new product, Wilson 1:10 bronze sculpture, limited edition of 6. Can be yours for ... 9,999 USD

https://usa.pnso.org/featured-products/p/2f5dllsn0t8qeg9tz43bhrgjaeqh7w

Edit: Be quick, only 3 left!  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: