News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Sim on January 05, 2022, 09:26:48 PM
K @KrazyKaprosuchus, I think the head of the PNSO Iguanodon is fine, it seems to match a skeletal that was shared in the PNSO 2021 thread.  I'm not certain whether it should have cheeks.  The position of its hands appears to be inaccurate though.
Thank you for the comprehensive message. There's quite a bit of discussion on the head so I had a bunch of jumbled thoughts about it :P. Although I am certain it should have cheeks. And while the hands are turned a bit inwards their fingers are more accurate than my collectA, so I may pick it up afterall. :)

Edit: Also, the price of that sculpture... wowza :o

Lynx

I analyzed it with some people in a discord server for paleontology. The body is much too Hadrosaur-like for the most part, and the head, regardless of skeletal, should be at the very least boxy and not so much like that of a Parasaurolophus. The wrists are pronated, as you have seemed to notice. Remember, Iguanodon is not a hadrosaur. It had a very unique body shape compared to the hadrosaurs and PNSO threw that out the window. Of course, things could change depending on the skeletal we are talking about, but I'll have to take a look at the head of the skeletal you are talking about. The figure, however, still looks like a hadrosaur copy and paste in my opinion. K @KrazyKaprosuchus avatar_Sim @Sim
An oversized house cat.

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 05, 2022, 09:36:37 PM
Another new product, Wilson 1:10 bronze sculpture, limited edition of 6. Can be yours for ... 9,999 USD

https://usa.pnso.org/featured-products/p/2f5dllsn0t8qeg9tz43bhrgjaeqh7w

Edit: Be quick, only 3 left!  ;D

Tempting!  ::)

But I'm saving up to buy a new car so this one is a pass for me.   :P
But today, I'm just being father

JohannesB

Indeed. My car cost me $10.000  :P

Gwangi

This doesn't seem like the place for discussing the PNSO Iguanodon, that's a 2021 figure.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 05, 2022, 09:36:37 PM
Another new product, Wilson 1:10 bronze sculpture, limited edition of 6. Can be yours for ... 9,999 USD

https://usa.pnso.org/featured-products/p/2f5dllsn0t8qeg9tz43bhrgjaeqh7w

Edit: Be quick, only 3 left!  ;D

This looks like the older Wilson at its core, it's just the scale detail that sets it apart from their 1:35 reconstruction. He looks so much more streamline here!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Gwangi on January 05, 2022, 10:18:36 PM
This doesn't seem like the place for discussing the PNSO Iguanodon, that's a 2021 figure.
But for most people it won't be until 2022 so I think that one at least is a 2022 figure at heart, which no one can convince me otherwise. I'll let you have the Triceratops as 2021 though.

This Centrosaurus though, now that is something. This is the most exciting dinosaur (specifically dinosaur) from PNSO for me since the Pinacosaurus and Miragaia.
As soon as ED gets this in I will be getting it. I wonder whether I should go through with getting rid of the Beasts of the Mesozoic Monoclonius? Well, definitely getting this Centrosaurus in. And it does have lovely colour on its frill too. Also the first female named Ceratopsid aside from I think a baby Triceratops?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

Quote from: Gwangi on January 05, 2022, 10:18:36 PM

For me I can not buy it until 2022, so I consider it a 2022 figure.
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

I disagree with that, but not enough to argue about it. Not sure why it cannot be discussed in the 2021 thread is all. I don't have the Invicta Mamenchisaurus but if I got it tomorrow that wouldn't make it a 2022 figure.  O:-)  :P

Skorpio V.

I think I found out what was throwing me off about it, the cheeks! They're further forward relative to other reconstructions and it makes Jennie kinda look old, so I decided to try giving her a facelift to fit the Scott Hartman skeletal (mind the warped scales lol):

And for the fun of it, why not the nose horn in opposite direction!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

SidB

I'm looking forward to see how PNSO distinguishes their Centrosaurus from the closely related Spinops, anatomy-wise, not just in terms of coloration and improved execution of scalation detail, etc, but actual morphology.

ZoPteryx

Nice!  The Centrosaurus looks quite good to my eye.  In particular, it looks like it was modelled after YPM 2015, letter J in the ontogenetic diagram avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy posted, including the forward curving nasal horn, long forward hanging hornlets on the frill, and rather deep skull compared to some other specimens.  I don't see evidence for a hinged jaw, just a seem running down the jawline and behind the frill, so hopefully it'll be cheaper and similar in size to their Machairoceratops.

Faras

Centrosaurus' official China mainland price is 129 CNY (prehistoric line, ¥20 lower than Dunkleosteus and ¥20 higher than Sinoceratops), release time is 9tm Jan, 9:00am +8GMT.

Link: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.4.11087484oZEgNA&id=665748752778

Figure size: 16cm x 4.3cm x 7.5cm

Info on store page:
- 6m individual.
- Parrot- like mouth, sclerotic ring in eye socket, big nostrils that point downward.
- Nasal horn can be convex or concave. Only two small hornlets above the eyes. Lots of hornlets on the frill which made palaeontologist name it Centrosaurus.
- Five digits on forelimbs. Forth and fifth don't have claw and slightly or don't touch the ground when walking. Four digits on hindlimbs, all have flat, hoof like claws.
- Robust body, shoulder blades curve backward, vertebrae form an arch, wide pelvis that tilt backward.

SidB

Looks to be a great year for PNSO's ceratopsians. I'm really liking this figure: stance, bearing, coloration, size and horn/hornet configuration.

SRF

Quote from: SidB on January 06, 2022, 02:03:45 PM
Looks to be a great year for PNSO's ceratopsians. I'm really liking this figure: stance, bearing, coloration, size and horn/hornet configuration.

If PNSO's Christmas release says anything about what's to come in the following year, it could well be a teriffic year for ceratopsians. Last year we've got a ton of theropods, which started with the release of Wilson (which was closely followed by the Qianzousaurus and the Carnotaurus) and this year we're getting a ceratopsian to kick things off in the new year shortly after Doyle.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

That centrosaurus is great! There is honestly no company in the world that can be compared to PNSO, that centrosaurus is very difficult to beat, and it seems (I think because there is no information about it) that fortunately it does not have a jointed jaw. Undoubtedly, as all the dinosaurs of this year PNSO are equal to or better than this centersaurus, obviously PNSO will already be, if not the largest scientific dinosaur company in the world. Zhau Zhuang and his team are doing a brilliant job.

I'll buy it at shop.modellpferdeversand.de ... and hopefully together with the tsintaosaurus of the same brand. I pray that this year is the year of the tsintaosaurus. Thank you PNSO for making and at the same time taking the risk to make figures of prehistoric animals and little or no known dinosaurs in the toy dinosaur market! Your figures cost a lot of money like BoTM, Rebor, Nanmu or W-Dragon but your figures are worth it.

Faras

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 06, 2022, 04:19:58 PM
and it seems (I think because there is no information about it) that fortunately it does not have a jointed jaw.

Aye PNSO's custom service said there's no articulate jaw.

Faelrin

Anyone have any idea on how this will size up with the Safari Ltd Styracosaurus and PNSO's Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, and/or Lambeosaurus? I hope to get my hands on this one later in the year. I have such a fondness for the Dinosaur Park Formation animals, and I am hoping this would display nicely with all of those.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Looking back on old reviews, those figures are kind of all over the place with scale, with the PNSO Corythosaurus, and Safari Ltd Styracosaurus being around 1:30 scale while the PNSO Lambeosaurus comes in at 1:38 scale and the Para at 1:35. If my math is correct with this Centrosaurus (which it very well might not be), this figure is just around the 1:35 scale to 1:30 scale range

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on January 06, 2022, 06:53:37 PM
Looking back on old reviews, those figures are kind of all over the place with scale, with the PNSO Corythosaurus, and Safari Ltd Styracosaurus being around 1:30 scale while the PNSO Lambeosaurus comes in at 1:38 scale and the Para at 1:35. If my math is correct with this Centrosaurus (which it very well might not be), this figure is just around the 1:35 scale to 1:30 scale range
Styraco might be somewhat larger - sort of recollect Doug Watson saying 1/25 or so. But you're correct, PNSO, like Safari, doesn't necessarily stick to a constant scale, like the old "museum lines."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: