News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arqueopterix

For me, this is the best PNSO tyrannosaurid so far.
Imposing pose, proper texturing, not too fat, not too skinny.

Thialfi

Great model, but very much a tyrannosaurid. I am good with my tarbo, there's just not enough distinction for me to warrant a purchase. Not too big a fan of the teeth somehow but that's nitpicking. Just beautiful work again from PNSO.

Pliosaurking

Great model of very underrepresented species
I also quite like the pose

KrazyKaprosuchus

YES!!! Finally! I just hope the pose doesn't cause too much problems...

Carnoking

More tyrannosaurs are always welcome! Glad to see it's not the museum line so hopefully not too pricey (relatively speaking of course).
Hopefully this means more are on the way! So much for a break this year though  :P

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on February 06, 2022, 12:37:36 PM
That pose concerns me too. :-\
It comes with the plastic rod so should be completely fine.

Also the price may only be $48 at most since it is not part of the museum line, still is high but could be worse.

Honestly, I am waiting for Rebor's Tyrannosaurus so I don't want a herd of Tyrannosaurs on my shelf just yet. I think for anyone who dislikes Wilson will enjoy having this as their ideal Tyrannosaurus as opposed to the Tarbosaurus, since this one shows more of a likeness. Good model but I'd rather see more of a Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus being made as they differentiate a lot more than Zhuchengtyrannus to Tyrannosaurus.

KeU

Finally, this can be my PNSO Tyrannosaurus.
Anyone knows if we have sufficient material on Zhuchengtyrannus to determine if it has a more Tyrannosaurus skull or something more similar to Tarbosaurus?

Duna

Oh, that's a nice figure. If Wilson had looked just like that (talking about skin scales, colour and pose) I would have bought it inmediately (instead of being at the end of the list of my less wanted figures).

At first I thought it was Andrea standing up ...  ;D

Don't plan to get him by now because I have priorities on the classic dinosaurs (styracosaurus and iguanodon) and the Rebor accurate T-rex. But I have to congrat PNSO for this figure.

Psittacoraptor

It's beautiful but I don't understand the choice of colours. It looks similar enough to Wilson already, why give it almost the same colouration?

Strepsodus

It still lacks lips, but I'd buy if it's not too pricy. I've been very careful about how to spend my money on PNSO lately, like not getting the Shantungosaurus because of shrink wrapping,

SRF

But today, I'm just being father

Flaffy

Finally! A Zhuchengtyrannus. This is everything Winter Wilson should've been.
Wish they gave it a more interesting paint job though, and the lack of lips still bother me.

Gwangi

I like it more than Wilson but it is awfully similar to the Tarbosaurus, which I have. Although it's a different genus I don't think I want two virtually identical figures of two similar animals.

CarnotaurusKing

What a relief, I thought PNSO was done with tyrannosaurs. Gorgeous figure, definitely buying it, though probably not anytime soon. Love the musculature, wish Willy looked more like this. Looks like it might scale with the Sinoceratops too. Hoping they release an Albertosaurus and Xiongguanlong later on.

JohannesB

A beautiful model. I am tempted to acquire. But I have Winter Wilson and Tarbosaurus already, and I think I will wait until PNSO maybe produces models of other tyrannosaurids. (Like, for example an updated Wilson, or an Albertosaurus or Daspletosaurus).

Psittacoraptor

I really like the pose. Most theropod figures look static, but this one has a sense of movement to it.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Renecito on February 06, 2022, 12:22:21 PM
Lu Xiong the Zhuchengtyrannus.

I've been saying that I'd wait for Wilson 3.0 rather than buy wilson 2.0.  And this one will cost less than the next Wilson probably in the $42-$48 range.  Is there any anatomical reason this can't stand in for T-rex at around 1/38 scale?  With Tarbosaurus the skull was less robust but this looks just like a T-rex to me.

I'll be buying this.

Antey

All that is known about this tyrannosaurid is a piece of the lower jaw, very little to single out a separate genus! The figurine, as always with PNSO, is great, but I'm disappointed. I really wanted tyrannosaurids from the Campanian age - Daspletosaurus, Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus. In this case, I will pass. The dream of the Daspletosaurus PNSO fades into the distance. :(

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Antey on February 06, 2022, 03:41:24 PM
All that is known about this tyrannosaurid is a piece of the lower jaw, very little to single out a separate genus! The figurine, as always with PNSO, is great, but I'm disappointed. I really wanted tyrannosaurids from the Campanian age - Daspletosaurus, Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus. In this case, I will pass. The dream of the Daspletosaurus PNSO fades into the distance. :(

@ Antey, at the rate they are releasing these, I can't imagine them not making Daspletosaurus, Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus.  Look how many theropods they made last year.  And they've already announced an Acrocanthosaurus this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if another 1-2 of the ones you mentioned are already in the planning stages or even further along.

suspsy

Correction: Zhuchengtyrannus is known from most of the lower jaw and a section of the upper jaw. The specimen is diagnostic, the genus is valid, and we know enough about big tyrannosaurids to have a very good idea of how it looked in life.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: