News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I kind of disagree about the discussion for the figure not needing to be compared to CollectA's. It is the same genus.
Comparisons happen all the time when numerous companies produce the same genus. I don't know what's so weird about wanting a comparison.

Sim

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi, a Chasmosaurus from PNSO or Safari would be great!

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, yes it is impressive how many Dinosaur Park Formation animals PNSO has made figures of.  It's nice to see a formation other than Hell Creek get this treatment.  I'd like to see more from the Djadochta Formation and Yixian Formation, but there are also Dinosaur Park Formation animals I'd like figures of.  As well as Chasmosaurus, it would be nice to have Stenonychosaurus, Gorgosaurus and the Dinosaur Park Formation Daspletosaurus species (it doesn't have a scientific name still).  I noticed in PNSO's tyrannosauroid puzzle series, the Daspletosaurus is the Dinosaur Park Formation species, I wonder if that will be the species used if PNSO makes a figure of it.  If PNSO makes it or Gorgosaurus I hope they wouldn't have feathers, they were large tyrannosauroids living in a warm environment.
One last thing, I don't want to be the bringer of bad news, but the Beasts of the Mesozoic Chasmosaurus isn't accurate.  It lacks the larger scales that are interspersed among smaller scales on Chasmosaurus's skin, which can be seen here: https://archive.org/details/cbarchive_105265_integumentofchasmosaurusbelli1925/page/n3/mode/2up?view=theater

Psittacoraptor

PNSO are officially on CNY break now, they have a vacation notice on their Aliexpress store. Let's hope they'll return with the Acrocanthosaurus many are looking forward to. And maybe a surprise or two, perhaps a non-brown dinosaur!

avatar_Samrukia @erlectric Ah, I misunderstood then, sorry. English pronouns are tricky :)

edit: for some reason I always type "PSNO"!

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Sim on January 29, 2022, 06:24:34 PM
avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi, a Chasmosaurus from PNSO or Safari would be great!

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, yes it is impressive how many Dinosaur Park Formation animals PNSO has made figures of.  It's nice to see a formation other than Hell Creek get this treatment.  I'd like to see more from the Djadochta Formation and Yixian Formation, but there are also Dinosaur Park Formation animals I'd like figures of.  As well as Chasmosaurus, it would be nice to have Stenonychosaurus, Gorgosaurus and the Dinosaur Park Formation Daspletosaurus species (it doesn't have a scientific name still).  I noticed in PNSO's tyrannosauroid puzzle series, the Daspletosaurus is the Dinosaur Park Formation species, I wonder if that will be the species used if PNSO makes a figure of it.  If PNSO makes it or Gorgosaurus I hope they wouldn't have feathers, they were large tyrannosauroids living in a warm environment.
One last thing, I don't want to be the bringer of bad news, but the Beasts of the Mesozoic Chasmosaurus isn't accurate.  It lacks the larger scales that are interspersed among smaller scales on Chasmosaurus's skin, which can be seen here: https://archive.org/details/cbarchive_105265_integumentofchasmosaurusbelli1925/page/n3/mode/2up?view=theater

I'll definitely buy a PNSO Daspletosaurus and a Gorgosaurus, I can't imagine why they wouldn't make them unless the sales from their theropods were down, but I doubt that has been the case.

Shonisaurus

And the tsintaosaurus for when? I would like to purchase a tsintaosaurus from PNSO.
Note: I prefer it a bit retro, not with the reconstructions made of that animal after the latest scientific discoveries. I wish for a "unicorn" tsintaosaurus even though it's not scientifically accurate.

Theriz

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 30, 2022, 04:13:56 PM
And the tsintaosaurus for when? I would like to purchase a tsintaosaurus from PNSO.
Note: I prefer it a bit retro, not with the reconstructions made of that animal after the latest scientific discoveries. I wish for a "unicorn" tsintaosaurus even though it's not scientifically accurate.
I'm actually pretty sure they did make a unicorn tsintaosaurus. I think it's a resin kit, but I'm not sure.

Skorpio V.

They still have this little guy for the Tsintaocorn lovers out there!

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Skorpio V. on January 30, 2022, 08:51:49 PM

They still have this little guy for the Tsintaocorn lovers out there!

Yes, I have that, but I would like a museum version, that is, with a more appetizing size. That tsintaosaurus is beautiful but that figure needs a lot more love, we have some beautiful parasaurolophus and olorotitan (especially those two that are outstanding) and some beautiful lambeosaurus and corythosaurus of acceptable sizes. For when a tsintaosaurus of acceptable size like those? On the other hand, tsintaosaurus is an Asian and Chinese hadrosaurid, one more reason for the PNSO to popularize this figure in its PNSO 2022 news.

It would be a huge financial effort on my part but PNSO top managers can rest assured if they read this message, that if PNSO makes a nice big tsintaosaurus out of solid PVC (not resin) I will buy it directly from Chinese Aliexpress stores even with the risk of the tariff rates that my state would impose on me for buying a product outside the EU.

RobinGoodfellow

Carnoking

I'd love to see your studio setup avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow, your photos are always so lovely.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Carnoking on February 04, 2022, 04:42:13 PM
I'd love to see your studio setup avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow, your photos are always so lovely.

Thank you very much.  ^-^

More infos here:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3562.0

:))

stoneage

Does anyone know who makes the Bawitius figure or anything about it.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stoneage on February 05, 2022, 04:43:35 AM
Does anyone know who makes the Bawitius figure or anything about it.

They took Colorata's saddled bichir (Polypterus endlicheri), enlarged it, tweaked the position of the tail, and gave it a crummy paint job.

Here's the original:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stoneage

Are the two figures the same size?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: stoneage on February 05, 2022, 05:11:00 AM
Are the two figures the same size?

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 05, 2022, 04:56:47 AM

They took Colorata's saddled bichir (Polypterus endlicheri), enlarged it, tweaked the position of the tail, and gave it a crummy paint job.

Shonisaurus

Looks great, that PNSO styracosaurus goes very well with the others you show in your cool collection. Honestly there is a lot of competition regarding styracosaurus figures in the current toy dinosaur market and even in the recent one (some figures are discontinued) discounting the resin figures I honestly could not say that the PNSO styracosaurus is the best there are others the same of geniuses such as Collecta, Favorite, Papo or Battat among those shown. Thank you for your all-important photo credit.

suspsy

https://www.facebook.com/814219578676241/posts/4742879522476874/?d=n

Damnation. This is a genus I've been wanting for ages, but I know full well it'll cost a bloody bundle. >:(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Renecito

Lu Xiong the Zhuchengtyrannus.

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Baryonyx

suspsy

That pose concerns me too. :-\
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: