News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Paleofiguras posted more pictures and info on the Zhuchengtyrannus on their Facebook page. The price will be $42.99.
But today, I'm just being father

Gwangi

Quote from: SRF on February 07, 2022, 07:01:13 PM
Paleofiguras posted more pictures les and info on the Zhuchengtyrannus on their Facebook page. The price will be $42.99.

Same as the Tarbosaurus, as I expected. Thanks for the info!

CarnotaurusKing

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy1IUAAVZahEUd7x77oZSuwOJ-B05jPsl

With the imminent release of the Zhuchengtyrannus, if the playlist above is any indication, we might be getting a Mapusaurus and Beibeilong (Gigantoraptor?) later on, which may be even more exciting for me, if it is true. Maybe even a Giganotosaurus resculpt, though that'd be a skip for me.

CARN0TAURUS

Paleofiguras posted more pictures and info on the Zhuchengtyrannus on their Facebook page. The price will be $42.99.

I still don't understand how they can turn a profit on a $22.99 Spinops but then charge $30-36 dollars for other Ceratopsians that are of smaller or comparable size like centrosaurus.  At least the medium size theropod price didn't go up again from 2021 prices.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on February 07, 2022, 10:21:18 PM

I still don't understand how they can turn a profit on a $22.99 Spinops but then charge $30-36 dollars for other Ceratopsians that are of smaller or comparable size like centrosaurus.  At least the medium size theropod price didn't go up again from 2021 prices.

Spinops was a few years ago. Completely different world today as far as economics goes, hard to really compare.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Duck

If I'm not mistaken, this dinosaur was not on the list of rumored figures, so that gets my hopes down for the Acrocanthosaurus.
He who dwells in pond

SidB

Quote from: Duck on February 07, 2022, 10:45:24 PM
If I'm not mistaken, this dinosaur was not on the list of rumored figures, so that gets my hopes down for the Acrocanthosaurus.
Perhaps it's not actually replacing any of them, just is being interposed among them at the half-way point.

Gwangi

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 07, 2022, 10:31:43 PM

Spinops was a few years ago. Completely different world today as far as economics goes, hard to really compare.

Yeah, but although the Spinops was originally released a few years ago, it is still in production today and selling for the same price, so they must still be making a profit off of it. If economics are the reason for the price change then the price of all figures currently in production should go up, I would think.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2022, 10:58:26 PM
Quote from: Duck on February 07, 2022, 10:45:24 PM
Perhaps it's not actually replacing any of them, just is being interposed among them at the half-way point.
In general, large Tyrannosaurs built like a Tyrannosaurus rex sell, so PNSO could have just released this in the middle of their rumored list to get a bit of $$$$$

Faelrin

Acrocanthosaurus is also one of the largest, and well understood theropods out there, with some well preserved specimens, that all together give us a good idea of its general anatomy. Not as big as the others like Carcharodontosaurus, etc, but nearly as big. It would certainly be strange to not make a figure on it. I'm sure it'll come eventually, rumored or not. In fact most of the big players have made one so far now, other then PNSO (and Mattel) yet.

Though I do think avatar_Bread @Bread and S @SidB have good points too. This is really the only one revealed that was not on the list so far (I think).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GiganotosaurusFan

WOW! That Zhuchengtyrannus surpasses all my expectations, and probably is better than Speckles the chonkosaurus.
avatar_suspsy @suspsy Well, there you have it.
And by the way, wasn't this teased by Dan's Dinosaurs in like 2021 in the same teaser as where the Para was teased?
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

SRF

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on February 08, 2022, 05:31:14 AM
WOW! That Zhuchengtyrannus surpasses all my expectations, and probably is better than Speckles the chonkosaurus.
avatar_suspsy @suspsy Well, there you have it.
And by the way, wasn't this teased by Dan's Dinosaurs in like 2021 in the same teaser as where the Para was teased?

No, that was a prototype of Wilson in a different pose. A model of that was also shown in some photographs of Zhao Chuangs workshop.

About the Acrocanthosaurus release; The Zhuchengtyrannus is just like the Tarbosaurus a bit of a surprise release. But back when the Tarbo was released, PNSO was already in the middle of a wave of theropod releases. So I don't think that the release of the Zhuchengtyrannus will affect the release of the Acrocanthosaurus in any way.

SenSx

Have faith !
I'm sure the Acrocanthosaurus is coming, it is a very anticipated  figure, much more than any  other  Tyrannosaur.
But we will have to wait more, at least a month or so.
I'm also mostly waiting for that specie from PNSO, because I don't find any brand have really nailed it so far  sadly :(
I need to replace my  Rebor (sorry Rebor), and the Safari  is cool but the proportions seem a bit off to me, I'm not sure, and it is too small for my collection.

As for Tyranonosaurs, well I would have prefered an Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus as well, but I'm sure it will come eventually.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

There will be 1 more figure before the Chinese New year gap, everything Dinosaur have said there is another as yet unrevealed PNSO figure sowing in March, unless that was the Spinosaurus repaint.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 08, 2022, 09:06:34 AM
There will be 1 more figure before the Chinese New year gap, everything Dinosaur have said there is another as yet unrevealed PNSO figure sowing in March, unless that was the Spinosaurus repaint.

Chinese New Year was last week. PNSO's online store was also closed back then. Now it has reopened and they've revealed the Zhuchentyrannus so the Chinese New Year gap is officially over.

SenSx

Quote from: SRF on February 08, 2022, 09:21:02 AM

Chinese New Year was last week. PNSO's online store was also closed back then. Now it has reopened and they've revealed the Zhuchentyrannus so the Chinese New Year gap is officially over.

So soon ?
I remember last year it took them a month to release figures again, I thought the Chinese new year would last a month, and that the Zhuchentyrannus was just a figure they managed to produce before that and only released now a bit late, for some reason.

SRF

Quote from: SenSx on February 08, 2022, 09:34:59 AM

So soon ?
I remember last year it took them a month to release figures again, I thought the Chinese new year would last a month, and that the Zhuchentyrannus was just a figure they managed to produce before that and only released now a bit late, for some reason.

Apparently. I'm no expert in Chinese New Year, but the date this year was February 1 while last year it was February 12. Maybe it's just that PNSO has more figures ready for release compared to last year.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Gwangi on February 07, 2022, 11:21:46 PM

Yeah, but although the Spinops was originally released a few years ago, it is still in production today and selling for the same price, so they must still be making a profit off of it. If economics are the reason for the price change then the price of all figures currently in production should go up, I would think.

The vast majority of the cost of a figure is the initial tooling. If they already recouped the cost of the mold there's not much incentive to increase the price, the model has likely already paid for itself and the rest is profit. I would expect an increase in the near future to cover increased shipping costs, but PNSO tends to not wrap those up in the base price which is why shipping is often high and variable from seller to seller, the retailers are choosing to eat that cost (or not).

Edit: It's also entirely possible that the first few 2019 PNSO releases were already loss leaders designed to get people interested in the brand and didn't really make a profit anyway. Would be scummy business practice to get people hooked then jack up the price but not exactly uncommon.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SRF on February 08, 2022, 11:18:37 AM
Quote from: SenSx on February 08, 2022, 09:34:59 AM

So soon ?

Apparently. I'm no expert in Chinese New Year, but the date this year was February 1 while last year it was February 12. Maybe it's just that PNSO has more figures ready for release compared to last year.

That's possible.  It's also possible with the decline of factories in China, shipping issues, employment problems, they are pushing a little bit harder than they normally would?

Gwangi

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 08, 2022, 04:30:03 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 07, 2022, 11:21:46 PM

The vast majority of the cost of a figure is the initial tooling. If they already recouped the cost of the mold there's not much incentive to increase the price, the model has likely already paid for itself and the rest is profit. I would expect an increase in the near future to cover increased shipping costs, but PNSO tends to not wrap those up in the base price which is why shipping is often high and variable from seller to seller, the retailers are choosing to eat that cost (or not).

That makes sense, I'm not gonna pretend that I'm "in the know" regarding such things.

QuoteEdit: It's also entirely possible that the first few 2019 PNSO releases were already loss leaders designed to get people interested in the brand and didn't really make a profit anyway. Would be scummy business practice to get people hooked then jack up the price but not exactly uncommon.

Well, that does make one wonder.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: