News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Past - New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 08, 2022, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Concavenator on April 27, 2022, 03:20:18 PM
avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Will it be available as a standard release (PVC+painted), like Majungasaurus and Scutosaurus? (Speaking of the Majungasaurus, any news when will it be released? Also AFAIK we still haven't seen the finished figure, since I believe some readjustments were in the works for stability, and we also didn't see it painted, though the color scheme was posted already in Wild Past's Facebook page).

By the way, the Tuojiangosaurus looks great. Proportions are more accurate than PNSO's.
sorry for the late reply. The Toujang is going to be a 3D print from either Shapeways or the wildpast store. It's not part of the main line unfotunately. As for the progress for the making, dinotoycollecter is much more tuned in on the matter then I, so I'll be sure to ask on your behalf.

Concavenator

Thank you for the answer! avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1

Looking forward to the Majungasaurus.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on April 27, 2022, 03:00:19 PM
toujangasaurus for the shapeways and the Wild Past shop

Incredible
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DinoToyCollector

I simply do the same post as I did over on social media  O:-)

I thought it would be good to answer some of the most frequently asked questions. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer these:

Q: When are Majungasaurus & Scutosaurus going to be released?
A: Let's face it: we are beyond our schedule. The last step in colour applying has been taken. From here it takes 4-8 more weeks.

Q: Why is it taking so long?
A: There are several reasons:
- Covid - our manufactory has small capacities and couldn't handle all project at the same time and they needed to do it step by step
- Focus - Wild Past is still a "Hobby business" and I (Stefan Klein) have a full time job besides this project as I need the money to make it happen 😉
- Knowledge - The figures are being produced in Germany and it is hard to compete with experienced factories you'll find in China or anywhere else. We constantly build up our knowledge from scratch. Protoceratops was a starting point IF we can do it. On Tethyshadros we tested improvements in sculpting details and some colours. Now we further improve the process as we have explored what is possible and learn something new every week.

Q: Are you going to focus on the 3D prints instead the PVC figures?
A: No. The fully painted PVC figures are our main focus.

Q: Is Tuojiangosaurus or any of the 3D printed models meant to be part of the main line?
A: The 3D prints are our playground where we have no production limits and creativity unfolds. Maybe the one or other model will make it to the main line as a variant if it's a popular request.

Q: Will you make a [Tyrannosaurus or any other species I want you to make]?
A: I write down all your wishes and ideas very carefully 🙂

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, good to see you back and thanks for the update!  What happened to the troodontid(?) shown by avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 ages ago?

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Sim on May 14, 2022, 03:25:51 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, good to see you back and thanks for the update!  What happened to the troodontid(?) shown by avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 ages ago?

avatar_Sim @Sim Well, I am printing this guy from avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 at this very moment.

Thialfi

Thanks for the update avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector! Can't wait for your new releases. Good luck with everything.

Concavenator

Looking forward to the Majungasaurus, it's closer!

Also avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector what troodontid is that? Do you have more info on it? Scale, size...? Will it be available too? I'm intrigued.

paintingdinos

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on May 14, 2022, 04:44:00 PM
Quote from: Sim on May 14, 2022, 03:25:51 PM

avatar_Sim @Sim Well, I am printing this guy from avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 at this very moment.

Oh please make this one available. I love it,  would love to get it even if its just sold as a shapeways print or something.

ceratopsian

I've lined up my artist for the Tuojiangosaurus - just need to order it now!

Halichoeres

Thanks for the update! Glad to see things are progressing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ItsTwentyBelow

Oh, very cool sneak peek at the Scutosaurus. It's coming along!

Stefan, thank you for this update. I can't imagine doing all of this while also working full time, so that's very impressive.

It will be very exciting to see the finished new figures, all in due time. I love my Tethyshadros pair!

ceratopsian

Here's a link to my post in Recent Additions, where I put up a couple of phone snaps of my newly arrived Tuojiangosaurus, painted by Martin.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?msg=322316

terrorchicken

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on May 14, 2022, 04:44:00 PM
Quote from: Sim on May 14, 2022, 03:25:51 PMavatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, good to see you back and thanks for the update!  What happened to the troodontid(?) shown by avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 ages ago?

I love how birdy this guy looks. I love the floofy feather beard and the plume "horns".

spinosaurus1

alxasaurus wip for the wild past studio 3d print shop

GojiraGuy1954

Flaffy

A dang shame about those permanent snow shoes...

DinoToyCollector

This picture is misleading because: I WILL CUT EVERY SINGLE SNOWSHOE BEFORE IT GETS PAINTED AND DELIVERED!!! (*sorry*)

We talked about what looks better and since the figure will not stand on its own (it will get a transparent stand) there is no reason to keep the shoes.
I will post pictures soon :-)

ItsTwentyBelow

Most importantly, it's great to see the continued progress on this figure, permanent snowshoes or not.

Thanks for this tidbit of new info! I'll be interested to see the finalized color pattern, packaging, and a comparison of this model with the Tethyshadros pair.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on July 14, 2022, 04:17:53 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy

This picture is misleading because: I WILL CUT EVERY SINGLE SNOWSHOE BEFORE IT GETS PAINTED AND DELIVERED!!! (*sorry*)

We talked about what looks better and since the figure will not stand on its own (it will get a transparent stand) there is no reason to keep the shoes.
I will post pictures soon :-)
Too late to design and produce a detailed one like the Tethyshadros has?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: