News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Quote from: Skorpio V. on September 01, 2022, 07:52:08 AMAt 6 meters, that'd make a 1:35 scale model about 17.1 centimeters. This is about half a centimeter above that, and 1:35 is already a sweet spot. You can want it to be taller, but people are already complaining about the Schleich Gastonia having lanky legs. This is a perfect size for me!

*Deleted* Disregard, I read your post wrong.

Faelrin

Safari Ltd is having a 20% off sale for September. Thought I'd pass this along for anyone in the US still wanting the new figures.

Edit: Ends Sept 5.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: Faelrin on September 02, 2022, 04:20:38 PMSafari Ltd is having a 20% off sale for September. Thought I'd pass this along for anyone in the US still wanting the new figures.

Edit: Ends Sept 5.

This heads up was appreciated!!!

Fembrogon

I shot some comparison photos with Albertosaurus, Patagotitan, and Zuul for fun.

Albertosaurus with some other Safari ltd. tyrants:

Albertosaurus with some other miscellaneous theropod figures:

Patagotitan and Zuul with a couple of other Safari ltd. herbivores:

Patagotitan with some older Safari/Carnegie sauropods:

Zuul with some other miscellaneous ankylosaurs/nodosaurs:

Thialfi

Pliosaurking

Nice shots avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon
Between these shots and some reviews, I can now gauge how big each of these new figures are

SidB

Faelrin

Thanks for all those comparisons. That Albertosaurus is going to look so lovely next to the Styracosaurus (gonna use it to stand in as Gorgosaurus) whenever I get it, and well whenever I can be reunited with my Styracosaurus, etc in storage.

Edit: I am however aware the Styracosaurus is a bit too big to be in scale, but still I think their colorations compliment or contrast with each other very nicely.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Lovely comparison photos! What scale is the Albertosaurus in?

Fembrogon

For a 9-meter individual, the Safari model is about 1:36 scale, I believe. I thought it seemed weird for the figure to be as big as the Daspletosaurus model; but Albertosaurus was a bigger animal than I remembered.

SidB

My order of four 2022 Safaris finally shipped from Dan's a couple of weeks ago. Still has to get through customs, but I'm sure looking forward to receiving them (Dino Dana T-rex, Patagotitan, Zuul and the Albertosaurus). They been on backorder a long, long time, one since January of this year - waiting for Dan to get his stock from Safari. It's really helped that he keeps the channels of communication open.

japfeif

okay, question: The Dino Dana figures like the Zuul, they don't really seem too different from the regular Safari figures as far as quality, etc. Are they identically manufactured figures to the regular Safari dinos but just under the Dino Dana name, or are they characterized by anything, like slightly cartoon-y looks, brighter colors, less detailed sculpts, etc.?

Are there regular Safari Dinos AND Dino Dana ones released every year now? Honestly I'd never heard of them till earlier this year!

I mean, if you put that Zuul on the same shelf next to the Patagotitan, can you tell they don't belong to the same..."series" (for lack of a better word).

Shane

Quote from: japfeif on September 14, 2022, 03:22:38 AMokay, question: The Dino Dana figures like the Zuul, they don't really seem too different from the regular Safari figures as far as quality, etc. Are they identically manufactured figures to the regular Safari dinos but just under the Dino Dana name, or are they characterized by anything, like slightly cartoon-y looks, brighter colors, less detailed sculpts, etc.?

Are there regular Safari Dinos AND Dino Dana ones released every year now? Honestly I'd never heard of them till earlier this year!

I mean, if you put that Zuul on the same shelf next to the Patagotitan, can you tell they don't belong to the same..."series" (for lack of a better word).

The chief difference is that the Dino Dana collection is intended to reflect the designs from the Dino Dana TV series. Things like the basic look and coloration are based on the dinosaur's depiction in the show.

They're not more "cartoony" or stylized, and there's nothing really that would make them look out of place among your other dinosaur figures.

SidB

Just ordered my last two 2022 Safari dinosaurs from Dans, the Nano and Cryo. Safari did very well for the year. Looking forward to what lies ahead for 2023.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Still waiting for the Cryo to stock at Safari.

Thialfi

I wish Europe was so lucky, not a single figure to be found as of yet unfortunately  :(

SpartanSquat

Suppose in the coming weeks patagotitan will arrive to spain

ceratopsian

The Patagotitan has finally made it to Everything Dinosaur in the UK and is now available to order.  Looking forward to mine!

GojiraGuy1954

LOL for £29.99 no chance
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 30, 2022, 06:26:48 PMThe Patagotitan has finally made it to Everything Dinosaur in the UK and is now available to order.  Looking forward to mine!

Just placed an order for mines as well! Been waiting for it to be in stock at ED since February :o
Hopefully the rest of the 2022 line up aren't far behind!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: