News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 22, 2022, 10:29:05 PM
I'd just like to see a Scutosaurus. The old Carnegie figure is very hard to come by, and when I do find one up for grabs its always out of my price range. I've been a fan of Scutosaurus since seeing it in WWM as a kid but I was never able to get my hands on a good figure.

It was actually produced on the Safari side of the company, it wasn't a Carnegie. I'd still love to see them bring it back, even though I already have one.

Sim

Wild Past is going to release a Scutosaurus.

Shonisaurus

By the way, are there leaks from the STF Forum or other forums, including Safari Facebook, when are they going to reveal the photographs of the Safari 2022 news, including those of the Patagonian?

Honestly I am satisfied with that figure even if it does not have an acceptable size according to my size standards for sauropods but if it is well sculpted it is enough for me and if I ask I would like Safari to make figures with less rigid plastic because they are prone to falls from shelves to break, I know from bitter experience, otherwise I am very happy with Safari, it is a pity that they do not reveal the figure figures as they used to do a few years ago in September of each year. The wait is becoming eternal and one is already resigned to waiting indefinitely.

Flaffy

I really hope the Patagotitan is sculpted by Doug. While the other mystery sculptor is nice, the naturalism and life Doug brings to his sculpts is unmatched.
There's a reason why the Doug's Camarasaurus won best dinosaur figure of 2019.

Strepsodus

I'm making an estimate here and using the Safari Amargasaurus' length of 16 inches, and this Wikipedia length estimate of Patagotitan at 26 meters

If the figure is the same size as the amargasaurus (or bigger as pointed out earlier), it'd be around 1:63 scale. I was kinda hoping for 1:80 so it would scale with Collecta's Argentinosaurus, but I can make them scale together using digital editing. And factoring in the price.

SidB

I keep my collectibles in the 1/35 to 1/40 range, give or take, with a few exceptions, including mammals at 1/20 to 1/40, therefore a sauropod at 1/63 would not be of much interest to me, unfortunately. Hopefully it's bigger. 1/50 would be okay.

GojiraGuy1954

We were told "soon" in December and its nearly February. If the reveals are gonna come much later than normal at least be honest about it Safari
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Jose S.M.

While I'm a little impatient about the reveals, there's no need to get upset about the delay. They'll come when they come and if you like them you'll have them be in February or April.  If this past couple of years have taught me something is to be patient! For me, having missed Christmas, they can come anytime now.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 29, 2022, 01:12:53 PM
While I'm a little impatient about the reveals, there's no need to get upset about the delay. They'll come when they come and if you like them you'll have them be in February or April.  If this past couple of years have taught me something is to be patient! For me, having missed Christmas, they can come anytime now.
Honestly I can wait however long for the reveals, I just wish they would tell us instead of getting our hopes up.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 29, 2022, 01:12:53 PM
I wouldn't be upset if they were being transparent with us rather than just lying about it

Gothmog the Baryonyx

As I said elsewhere, I got excited when I saw Patoga... and thought Patogonykus. But of course no Alvarezsaurs, so I was disappointed, but Patogotitan would be nice if at least 1:50 scale, because so far the only large sauropod figures are from the Late Jurassic, would be nice to have a Late Cretaceous one for a change, break up the Ceratopsoids, Tyrannosaurids, Allosauroids, Spinosaurids, Ankylosaurs, Hadrosaurs etc.
I don't mind the wait. I was kind of hoping for a Corythosaurus as I want to get rid of the PNSO one now, but never mind.
January is almost up, but I have some things to me o  the way from Brett  and a GR Toys too, not to mention all the CollectA, PNSO and Eofauna later  so one nice big sauropod at the end of 2022 from Safari, along with that shark, and I'll be over the moon anyway.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

There is a precedence for a 1/50 scale from Safari, namely their final Brachiosaurus from the Carnegie series, a great figure.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Strepsodus on January 29, 2022, 01:33:10 AM
If the figure is the same size as the amargasaurus (or bigger as pointed out earlier), it'd be around 1:63 scale. I was kinda hoping for 1:80 so it would scale with Collecta's Argentinosaurus, but I can make them scale together using digital editing. And factoring in the price.
In contrast, I specifically never bought Collecta's Argentinosaurus BECAUSE it was so small. If I'm going to buy a titanosaur, I want it to be BIG; I want it to be the commanding presence in my collection.

suspsy

I think some people here should brace themselves for the strong possibility that the Patagotitan will follow in the footsteps of the 2021 Spinosaurus by being rather small.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 29, 2022, 07:09:01 PM
Quote from: Strepsodus on January 29, 2022, 01:33:10 AM
In contrast, I specifically never bought Collecta's Argentinosaurus BECAUSE it was so small. If I'm going to buy a titanosaur, I want it to be BIG; I want it to be the commanding presence in my collection.
Yeah I was in the same boat, the collecta Argentinosaurus's size was really off putting. If we are getting a Patagotitan I would really wish it be at least 1/50 scale. These titanosaurs were huge so it doesn't make sense making them the same size as their other figures

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on January 29, 2022, 09:19:14 PM
I think some people here should brace themselves for the strong possibility that the Patagotitan will follow in the footsteps of the 2021 Spinosaurus by being rather small.
Its expensive though

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 29, 2022, 11:40:45 PM
Its expensive though

So is the Spinosaurus. Safari has it listed for the exact same price as the Baryonyx and Daspletosaurus—despite being considerably smaller than them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shadowknight1

As good as the sculpts and paintjobs can be, Safari's scaling is absurdly wacky all over.  The Acrocanthosaurus and the recent Allosaurus are around the same size as each other while the feathered T. rex sits slightly taller than many other dinosaurs I own.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 26, 2022, 12:21:02 PM
I would like Safari to make figures with less rigid plastic because they are prone to falls from shelves to break, I know from bitter experience,

The rigid plastic is because Safari stopped using plasticizers, which are added to plastic to soften it. Safari prides themselves on being pthalate-free, so the hard plastic is here to stay.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Primeval12

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on January 30, 2022, 09:05:30 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 26, 2022, 12:21:02 PM
I would like Safari to make figures with less rigid plastic because they are prone to falls from shelves to break, I know from bitter experience,

The rigid plastic is because Safari stopped using plasticizers, which are added to plastic to soften it. Safari prides themselves on being pthalate-free, so the hard plastic is here to stay.

UGH that news is frustrating to say the least. Hopefully they can make more durable plastic without using plasticizers. Their spinosaurus is like handling a porcelain sculpture.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: