News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Well, I'm hyped. I never minded the gradual reveals, personally — silhouettes, mosaics, what have you. It's fun!

Duna

Each of those mosaic super pixels could be anything ... it could even have stripes ...  ::)

I'll be buying yes or yes, I want a Patagotitan. Don't mind if it is as small as Collecta's Argentinosaurus.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 31, 2022, 09:37:51 PM
For those who don't want to venture to Facebook:

That's got to be a juvenile, right?  Looks like it's going to be a small figure.  But the outline also looks like it'll have a nice pose.

Skorpio V.

Those seem to be those jumbo 15-cm-long sidewalk chalks. That'd make this a solid 30-ish centimeters.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

suspsy

I'll most likely pass. I don't have the shelf space for another colossal sauropod and I'm much more into small and weird-looking ones as I've noted many times in the past. But I'm keen to see what it looks like regardless.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on January 31, 2022, 11:13:57 PM

That's got to be a juvenile, right?  Looks like it's going to be a small figure.  But the outline also looks like it'll have a nice pose.

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Nope! It is actually quite a big figure since those seem to be jumbo chalk. Even if it is regular chalk, it is still a fairly big figure, and likely not a juvenile, as Safari has never done without specification.
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

Although I'm a space conscious collector I have a go big or go home policy with sauropods, if this one is the right size then I'm all over it.

Flaffy

I wonder if the sculpt included the large osteoderms that run along the back, to my knowledge no titanosaur figure thus far has depicted this feature.

Thialfi

Ohhh exciting stuff! It's happening!

SidB

Quote from: Skorpio V. on January 31, 2022, 11:24:58 PM
Those seem to be those jumbo 15-cm-long sidewalk chalks. That'd make this a solid 30-ish centimeters.
Hopefully at the upper end of "30-ish".

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Lynx on February 01, 2022, 12:26:11 AM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on January 31, 2022, 11:13:57 PM

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Nope! It is actually quite a big figure since those seem to be jumbo chalk. Even if it is regular chalk, it is still a fairly big figure, and likely not a juvenile, as Safari has never done without specification.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that type of chalk my daughter used to play with those on the driveway.  Used to come home and find rainbows and smiley faces some good times :)

So I estimated the figure is about 12-17 inches long and since I don't buy sauropods (except for Eofauna because I collect all their stuff) it seems like you guys prefer your larger size sauropod figures.  I page thru the different collections and I see these huge figures that take up the entire tops of display cases.  So from that POV something sensible like this seems small by comparison.  I personally prefer smaller figures but this would still push the limits of the space I have available, it's probably the biggest reason I don't generally collect sauropod species.  I'm already sweating the situation with the up coming Diplodicus from Eofauna as in where am I going to display it, LOL

Blade-of-the-Moon

If it's at least 12" I'll consider it.   I like my sauropods big too, if they are too small the heads get lost in molding and casting.

Fembrogon

^Agreed; something around 15-20" might be the best range. Nothing truly huge, but big enough to have shelf presence.

Big sauropod toys are preferable for the same reason big T.rex, Giga, Spino toys are preferable: the real animals' sizes are part of their inherent appeal, so naturally some people want a toy that feels as big as the real creature, so to speak.
Obviously, bigger toys means more space and expense necessary; but if I want a SMALL sauropod, I'll just wait for someone to release a Saltasaurus again.

profnik

:D I think that's Dreadnoughtus that I remember I saw it on tv news when I 19 year old teenager. So that Dr. Kenneth Lacovara discover dreadnoughtus was enormous sauropod dinosaurs that they fossil found in Argentina of South America in 2014.
Dr. Kenneth Lacovara was paleontologist worked at Drexel university in Philadelphia pa with dinosaurs hall at the academy of natural sciences that I grew in. But I hope Safari Ltd of new Wild Safari Prehistoric World of dreadnoughtus will be released the image of detail or in the future. So that looks like dreadnoughtus from Jurassic World Dominion of the 3rd dinosaurs movie comes this summer in theaters (June-10-2022).

https://drexel.edu/now/archive/2014/September/Dreadnoughtus-Dinosaur/

profnik

Quote from: profnik on February 01, 2022, 05:33:14 AM
:D I think that's Dreadnoughtus that I remember I saw it on tv news when I 19 year old teenager. So that Dr. Kenneth Lacovara discover dreadnoughtus was enormous sauropod dinosaurs that they fossil found in Argentina of South America in 2014.
Dr. Kenneth Lacovara was paleontologist worked at Drexel university in Philadelphia pa with dinosaurs hall at the academy of natural sciences that I grew in. But I hope Safari Ltd of new Wild Safari Prehistoric World of dreadnoughtus will be released the image of detail or in the future. So that looks like dreadnoughtus from Jurassic World Dominion of the 3rd dinosaurs movie comes this summer in theaters (June-10-2022).

https://drexel.edu/now/archive/2014/September/Dreadnoughtus-Dinosaur/

suspsy

It's not Dreadnoughtus. It's confirmed to be Patagotitan.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PrimevalRaptor

That pose looks really promising so far, can't wait to see the full reveal!

Lanthanotus

I`d really like to add a new sauropod by Safari to my collection. Looks promising indeed.

Dinoxels

Quote from: suspsy on February 01, 2022, 12:20:47 PM
It's not Dreadnoughtus. It's confirmed to be Patagotitan.
Yeah exactly
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh man I'm super excited for this Patagotitan. I'm already loving the pose it looks really graceful.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: