News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I'm bracing myself for disappointment. If I'm right, then I won't feel as bad. And if I'm wrong, then it will be a happier occasion.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I do miss the sculptor that made the Anzu, Microraptor and Malawisaurus. Those are some of my all time favorite Safari figures.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Concavenator on May 01, 2022, 03:11:46 PM
I do miss the sculptor that made the Anzu, Microraptor and Malawisaurus. Those are some of my all time favorite Safari figures.
I thought Doug did those
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 26, 2022, 10:39:28 PM
Normally I would say not to count on another Dilophosaurus so soon; but we did get an updated Spinosaurus already, so who knows? (I certainly wouldn't complain)
If it's as bad as the spino, though...

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on April 27, 2022, 03:28:39 PM
I think Herrerasaurus and Gallimimus, as well as Cryolophosaurus, are among the most likely to get made.  I think they're all popular enough, and if CollectA can mass produce Struthiomimus and Beishanlong which are less popular than Gallimimus, then Safari can mass-produce Gallimimus.  Safari has made less popular species than Gallimimus too, such as Malawisaurus, Plesiosuchus and Prestosuchus.  I don't think a new Dilophosaurus is likely as the changes to its appearance are minor, if a new Dilo is coming it's more likely to be due to a bigger, better size, but really, I expect a new Dilophosaurus from PNSO before Safari.  Megalosaurus I don't think will be made as it's very fragmentary.  I don't like group dioramas as figures so I'd prefer a single Gallimimus individual to be represented as a figure.
The changes brought by the Dilo redescription last year were not at all minor. The animal was bulked up greatly and is now considered one of the largest predators in Kayenta

Renecito

I want to see the work of the others sculptors in the new figures too. I have loved their figures in the past lineups!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 01, 2022, 04:01:53 PM
I thought Doug did those

No, he didn't.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 01, 2022, 04:04:32 PM
Quote from: Sim on April 27, 2022, 03:28:39 PM
I think Herrerasaurus and Gallimimus, as well as Cryolophosaurus, are among the most likely to get made.  I think they're all popular enough, and if CollectA can mass produce Struthiomimus and Beishanlong which are less popular than Gallimimus, then Safari can mass-produce Gallimimus.  Safari has made less popular species than Gallimimus too, such as Malawisaurus, Plesiosuchus and Prestosuchus.  I don't think a new Dilophosaurus is likely as the changes to its appearance are minor, if a new Dilo is coming it's more likely to be due to a bigger, better size, but really, I expect a new Dilophosaurus from PNSO before Safari.  Megalosaurus I don't think will be made as it's very fragmentary.  I don't like group dioramas as figures so I'd prefer a single Gallimimus individual to be represented as a figure.
The changes brought by the Dilo redescription last year were not at all minor. The animal was bulked up greatly and is now considered one of the largest predators in Kayenta

Again, no, the changes were minor.  Dilophosaurus was already considered the largest predator in its ecosystem.

GojiraGuy1954

Any last-minute predictions as to what the new prehistoric figure Safari is going to reveal tomorrow will be? I'm hoping for some kind of Mammal since the last one we got was the, at least in my opinion, mediocre Coelodonta in 2019.

Concavenator

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 01, 2022, 11:41:49 PM
Any last-minute predictions as to what the new prehistoric figure Safari is going to reveal tomorrow will be?

Cryolophosaurus, Maiasaura or Albertosaurus are my bets.

Dinoxels

Reveals will be all week long.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Thialfi

Tratayenia rosalesi would be cool 👀 But I am not gonna guess species otherwise, though I definitely expect the other model to be a theropod. A prehistoric mammal would be absolutely fantastic.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Concavenator on April 27, 2022, 04:29:47 PM
I wonder if Safari will continue to update the species that were released under the Carnegie line? If they were intending to, they haven't finished yet, there are still a few left (Maiasaura and Albertosaurus, among others).

I would have expected them to release an Albertosaurus instead of a Daspletosaurus to fulfill this, as well as a Saltasaurus instead of a Malawisaurus. Do you think the Daspletosaurus and Malawisaurus, from Safari's perspective, work as analogous to their Carnegie counterparts Albertosaurus and Saltasaurus respectively, and thereby won't release the latter? I was wondering about this because the Citipati was clearly meant as a replacement for the Carnegie Oviraptor (Safari even mentions on their site that Oviraptor depictions are based on Citipati, which suggests my point is right).

I believe Malawisaurus was chosen over Saltasaurus because its known from better remains than Saltsasaurus.
Tyrannosaurs tend to sell, and Albertosaurus and Daspletosaurus are different enough from each other.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Thialfi

Three new figures will be announced this week, here is a teaser of the first one:

From Safari's Instagram page:

"@safariltd It's DINO REVEAL WEEK! No pushing or shoving...only stomping and roaring! We know that you can hardly contain your excitement! Stay tuned for three reveals this week. *See the full photo by avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels tomorrow!"

Flaffy

3 reveals, so that means the total 2022 prehistorics roster will be 4 figures like last year?

Or are even more coming as we progress through 2022?

Pachyrhinosaurus

I think it looks like albertosaurus or possibly tyrannosaurus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe a retro trex? Looks kinda like and that monitor lizard looking skin..

SenSx

I'm hoping for Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus, but it might be too small for my collection anyway.

bmathison1972

looks colorful and somewhat birdlike; some kind of raptor or similar?

John

I'm making the call that this is a dinosaur of some kind. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Dinoxels on May 02, 2022, 12:34:34 AM
Reveals will be all week long.
Oh, we're getting multiple dinoaurs this week?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: