You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Craft beer + LEGO and Dinosaurs - Image heavy.

Started by teddybier, February 01, 2022, 07:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddybier

Hi all!

It took a while to be back and post some stuff again. I've been busy refurbishing my house, and kids apparently take up a lot of time. I still visited the forum quite frequently, mostly to check on everyone's new acquisitions, wonderful collections and to see what Papo is doing. I figured it was about time to show you how my dinosaur addiction has been treating me.
Somewhere in the depths of this forum is my old collection thread with all the Papo stuff I've collected over the years, but since the refurbishing also included a new display I thought it to be best not to revive that thread.

I'm really into craft beers! So imagine my happiness when I found out that there were quite some nice beer cans and flasks dinosaur related. Please allow me to show you the versions I've managed to find:

Rex&Raptor, a barrel aged barleywine by the Dutch brewery 'De Molen'. I did not yet realize at this point that I would start collecting dinosaur related beer containers, so I threw this one. Too bad..

Wrecking Ball, Hazy IPA by New Zealand based brewery Kererú. This series also has a Pteranodon and a Velociraptor themed can, as far as I know.

Spared no Expense - V4 by Staggeringly Good in the UK. All their beers are dinosaur themed.

StaggerSaurus, indeed by Staggeringly Good.

Cacoadocus, an Imperial Stout by Staggeringly Good.

VelociRapture - Divine/Divide. By Staggeringly Good.

Post Impact Porter - by Staggeringly Good.

Egomaniac - By Mad Scientist based in Hungary.

Jungle threat - By Russia based Selfmade brewery.

Little Arms Big Ambition - By Staggeringly Good.

DIPPA - By Staggeringly Good.

King Sue - By US based Toppling Goliath brewery.

PseudoSue - by Toppling Goliath.

Souropod - by Staggeringly Good. The Souropod series is quite large. They are all Sours, but with different fruit tastes. All of them have comparable artworks, but with different dinosaurs.

I hope to expand this list quite a bit more over time :P

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh wow I gotta try some of those IPAs. Where did you find them?

BlueKrono

Dunno if you've come across Ogopogo Brewing's Sharlie hazy IPA or Insight Brewing's Lord of the Loch IPA, but they have plesiosaurs on them.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Crackington

What a fantastic collection! Two of my favourite things, beer and dinosaurs, could be very dangerous though!  >:D

Good to see some are from the UK too, will have to hunt them down. Now, this has made me thirsty....

stoneage

Halichoeres

What a delicious hobby. Pseudo Sue is the only one I've tried, looks like I have some rather enjoyable work to do.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

These are mine. Not that many dinosaur-themed brews available in my neck of the woods, sadly.

Jurassic IPA by Cameron's Brewing.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Triceratops Tripel by Beau's All Natural Brewing.

Tyrannosaurus Gruit by Beau's All Natural Brewing.

Velociraptor DIPA by Bicycle Craft Brewing.

teddybier

Thank you all!

Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on February 01, 2022, 08:46:08 PM
Oh wow I gotta try some of those IPAs. Where did you find them?
I found them all at Dutch and Belgian (web) shops. Beergium has a large selection of Staggeringly Good beers, and they ship to quite a lot of countries.

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2022, 09:27:48 PM
Dunno if you've come across Ogopogo Brewing's Sharlie hazy IPA or Insight Brewing's Lord of the Loch IPA, but they have plesiosaurs on them.
I've looked them up, they look nice! Thanks! I'll try to find them for sure.

Quote from: Crackington on February 01, 2022, 09:53:12 PM
What a fantastic collection! Two of my favourite things, beer and dinosaurs, could be very dangerous though!  >:D

Good to see some are from the UK too, will have to hunt them down. Now, this has made me thirsty....
Thanks! And it is indeed quite dangerous, given that some of those cans come at quite a price, and are mostly available for a limited time. Most of them are from the UK actually, happy hunting  :)

Quote from: stoneage on February 02, 2022, 12:48:12 AM
Do you drink the beer?
Yes, I drank them all. Would be a shame to let them expire   :P

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 02, 2022, 01:04:27 AM
What a delicious hobby. Pseudo Sue is the only one I've tried, looks like I have some rather enjoyable work to do.
Good luck :) Pseudo Sue is one of the best beers I've had. I did have a can with a red colored Rex, also called Pseudo Sue, but sadly lost it. I'll check my beer app to find the picture.

Quote from: suspsy on February 02, 2022, 01:43:39 AM
These are mine. Not that many dinosaur-themed brews available in my neck of the woods, sadly.
I haven't seen any of them. Love the Triceratops Tripel artwork. I would really like to try the gruit! It's a beer style brewed in the Netherlands centuries aqo, I've never had one. Is it any good?

suspsy

I enjoyed the Tyrannosaurus Gruit, but it is certainly an acquired taste as opposed to a brew anyone would want to pick up and drink.

https://beaus.ca/beer/tyrannosaurus-gruit-2/

teddybier

Quote from: suspsy on February 02, 2022, 10:06:16 PM
I enjoyed the Tyrannosaurus Gruit, but it is certainly an acquired taste as opposed to a brew anyone would want to pick up and drink.

https://beaus.ca/beer/tyrannosaurus-gruit-2/

I've searched most of the shops in and near the Netherlands, sadly Canadian beers prove hard to come by. I'll keep looking, for now I want to try it :))

teddybier

Besides beer cans, I also have a bunch of LEGO dinosaur themed sets:

First of all the huge Jurassic Park gate and T-rex:

The set has been upgraded with a light kit from Game of Bricks:

I made some changes to the kit however. The standard kit lets you install lights in the eyes and mouth of the rex, and I did not like the spotlights on the Jurassic Park sign. Since I had to fix the USB cable anyhow (arrived broken..) I changed the order of the lights and used the rex's eyes to light the JP sign. Also changed a single LED from Hammonds cane to Elly's flash light. It's quite hard to find a LEGO light kit that's not extremely expensive and still looks good, not over the top. But I like how it turned out.

It's even better in the dark, and the backside is also completely lit. Even comes with blinking lights in the bunker where Elly has to switch the power back on.

The other LEGO set currently on display is the IDEAS fossil set:

That's the LEGO's for now. I'm very excited for the new Jurassic Park set announced last week, it will almost certainly buy it. Which will then most likely be upgraded with a light kit too, that set would be perfect for some extra LED's. I mean, it has cars, a flare...

Libraraptor

Beer and dinosaurs, two of my favourite interest, perfectly combined!

Gwangi

The number of dinosaur associated craft beer that's out there is shocking, naturally I've never come across one myself though. Thanks for sharing this unique collection. The Jurassic Park gate is fantastic as well.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.