News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor Deinosuchus hatcheri 'Meta' w/ Appalachiosaurus montgomeriensis prey

Started by GojiraGuy1954, February 18, 2022, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

postsaurischian

Now that I have it in my hands I must say: Wow! What a crocodile figure! REBOR can be the best ..... (and they know it) ;D .

Flaffy

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 09, 2023, 09:10:29 PMNow that I have it in my hands I must say: Wow! What a crocodile figure! REBOR can be the best ..... (and they know it) ;D .

Yes they certainly can be... It's just that they choose not to half the time. O:-)

GojiraGuy1954

I bought my "Estuary" today from ED, as well as the Safari Postosuchus and Crocodiles Toob. Hope it doesn't take too long.

GojiraGuy1954

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

I hope that Barinasuchus they were talking about comes with a Mammalian prey item. Not often that Rebor does those, especially prey animals

Remko

Received the Meta "Swamp" set just now.
I decided this over the Estuary version because it was basically a gigantic alligatoroid, and more likely preying on turtles rather than dinosaurs. So a more Alligator swampy variant seemed fitting. But just a personal preference though.

Love this figure, always had a thing for big crocodylians, and this figure is beautiful. Yes, Rebor,so probably not that scientifically accurate, but I'm fine with it. Figure looks nice enough, fat too.

The box says scale 1:11 btw.
Overall length is about 44,5 cm for the figure, snout to tail. In 1:11 this gives an animal only 4,9 meters long, so that's wrong. In 1:35th it's about 15,6 meters. Just what we used to think Deinosuchus grew to be, after we learned that this size was a "bit" stretching it, and a maximum length of around 10 meters is more likely.

The accurate scale would therefore be about around 1:20th or 1:25th (normal or very large individual).

I don't mind. I'll just display it with my 1:35th collection anyway.
She will just represent a very old and large individual of D. riograndensis.  8)

Also, no card included with the figure.

Over9K

Flaffy

Has anyone's noticed if their copy of the Deinosuchus start to have noticeable paint rubs on the nape region?
I've heard that the nape is particularly susceptible to paint scuffs due to how the articulation is engineered.

Oh right and does anyone know if the Deinosuchus will be a single run like "Kiss"?

SenSx

Quote from: Flaffy on February 21, 2023, 07:17:05 PMHas anyone's noticed if their copy of the Deinosuchus start to have noticeable paint rubs on the nape region?
I've heard that the nape is particularly susceptible to paint scuffs due to how the articulation is engineered.

Oh right and does anyone know if the Deinosuchus will be a single run like "Kiss"?

Do you think just displaying it mouth half open with the prey inside will cause these rubs overtime ?
I thought only activating the articulated jaw repeatedly could cause paint rubs, not just a standing pose, even if mouth opened.

Flaffy

Quote from: SenSx on February 21, 2023, 08:18:01 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on February 21, 2023, 07:17:05 PMHas anyone's noticed if their copy of the Deinosuchus start to have noticeable paint rubs on the nape region?

Do you think just displaying it mouth half open with the prey inside will cause these rubs overtime ?
I thought only activating the articulated jaw repeatedly could cause paint rubs, not just a standing pose, even if mouth opened.

That's what I've been wondering. My only experience with Rebor products is their Titanoboa, and we all know how durable that figure was... ::)

Don't want to be paying $60 only for the figure to start deteriorating the moment it leaves its box.

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Not sure if it is a single run, since BBTS got some in, had it go out of stock, and they are currently taking pre-orders for another batch. But that may just be with them only, not sure. Worth mentioning in any case.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Rain

I think all REBOR products are single run, I've never seen their earlier models get re-stocked.

Over9K

Quote from: Rain on February 21, 2023, 10:17:06 PMI think all REBOR products are single run, I've never seen their earlier models get re-stocked.

I feel like I've seen the Vanilla Ice T/V.rex go in-and-out of stock more than once at more than one retailer, but oddly, it's the only REBOR model I can say that about.

Thialfi

I love Meta but do be aware of paint chipping on the back of the head where upper jaw hinges. I opened her mouth only twice and some little chips have already gone off. Otherwise it's an absolutely wonderful model. I'm in awe.

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Kei on January 25, 2023, 03:20:23 PMFor those who are wondering about Meta's swamp colorway  ;)

Wow! It almost looks like it's breathing! :o

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Flaffy

Good example of how Deinosuchus's osteoderms would've most likely looked like in life. And obviously what could've been if Rebor did their homework.

"Bust of Deinosuchus sp. sculpted for reference. I'm studying for my finals and I haven't paid enough attention, so it has some anatomical flaws (Bigger and better next time, I promise). A.mississippiensis for the color scheme." - @mmujicam2000

Carnoking

Well, kind of forgot I had pre-ordered this thing until I saw it waiting to ship with my REBOR Diplodocus. It pains me to say it, but this is perhaps REBOR's most believable sculpt (inaccuracies notwithstanding, and me not caring cuz it's not a dinosaur :P )

Speaking of dinosaurs, love the Appalachiosaurus prey accessory!

Unfortunately, the cranium wasn't connected properly on my copy so it tends to fall off and he has a hard time chewing his food.

That's okay, I got what I wanted.  >:D

Carnoking

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: