News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help for Mojo Fun

Started by Takama, November 28, 2012, 02:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajax

Oh and we should try to pick species that would look good in 1/30 scale. All of their 2013 Prehistoric Mammals are in 1/30 scale. Imagine if their entire Prehistoric line was in scale with each other! They could probably give Battat a run for their money! ;)
[/quote]

Correct me if im wrong but Mojo have only ever released a bunch of ugly dinosaurs and 2 new mammals which could be good but not yet released?
Comparing them with Battat seems a little premature.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 28, 2012, 08:07:36 PM
Mojo have said that they plan to join the forum soon. I've suggested for them to open a topic here when they join, that way they can specify what sort of information they are looking for, or put out a call for data or ideas. As such, it's probably best for us all to hold on to our ideas until then :)

Agreed.

It also wouldn't hurt to carefully think over our replies to them as well. Make them as concise and specific as possible. Provide accurate links to info we are posting to back up ideas and such. Just a reminder for those that do and my two cents otherwise. :)

Takama

also We should not bash there oldr efforts too too much anymore.

You can, but politly

Seijun

Quote from: ajax on November 28, 2012, 10:36:52 PM

Oh and we should try to pick species that would look good in 1/30 scale. All of their 2013 Prehistoric Mammals are in 1/30 scale. Imagine if their entire Prehistoric line was in scale with each other! They could probably give Battat a run for their money! ;)

Correct me if im wrong but Mojo have only ever released a bunch of ugly dinosaurs and 2 new mammals which could be good but not yet released?
Comparing them with Battat seems a little premature.

I really like both new mammals, and the others are supposed to be very good also. I think they could be like the battat of prehistoric mammal toys, especially if they get better each year (still waiting to see their other 2013 mammals of course, but I will be very happy if they are as well done as the deinotherium and entelodont).
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stoneage

;D  I thought they said they might release 6 mammals instead of just 4.  And nobody can give Battat a run for there money since they went out of business in 1998.

Takama

OK,  Looks like they need help getting on here

QuoteMojo Fun: I have just tried to register on the forum and it says an error has occurred. Asks me to confirm i am human (i think i am ?) and then wont let me in. I have tried twice but with no success. If one of you guys can give me a heads up then i will try again tomorrow. Thank you!

DinoToyForum

They need to check the box to say they are human (not a spambot) and answer the security questions (dinosaur spelling) to register :)

I can create an account for them if they say what username they want and what email the want to use.

Brontozaurus

This is all sorts of crazy awesome to me.

I wouldn't really recommend any particular species, but I think Mojo should keep doing prehistoric mammals. There's zillions of dinosaur toys out there already; releasing other prehistoric animals might avoid competing with more established companies that do primarily dinosaurs.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

sauroid

maybe Mojo was trying to register in the old forum (V.1)?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: sauroid on December 01, 2012, 03:59:31 PM
maybe Mojo was trying to register in the old forum (V.1)?

Good thought! I'll give them the correct address :)

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

He has the right adres
i'll gived it to him 2 weeks ago

he's trying to connect and wants to join the forum

but stil no succes

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Trexroarr

Maybe we should just have DTF create their account like he suggested?

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

mojojames

Hi Everyone.
Quick introduction, I am James and basically I take care of all product design at Mojo.
Just a couple of things that I want to say before we start, firstly I will not comment on any other companies replica's, I feel its just unprofessional and besides that's your job guys, not mine  :))
Secondly I am not here to shamelessly promote Mojo, so I have no interest in trying to gain any kudos or advantage, I just want to listen and I just want learn.
Finally you can say anything you like about Mojo products, that's fine with me, its open season on our replica's so don't mince your words just be honest.
I am happy to discuss in detail anything concerning Mojo but outside of our replica's that's not possible, so i hope you understand and respect that.

OK i have read the thread so far and I would suggest we do what I did with STS, firstly you have a vote on the forum, I think for our first year we should look for 2 Dinosaurs (one well known) and 2 Prehistoric mammals (i would suggest one be a sea creature for my friend Weaver (Liz) ).
The process can take a long time, up to 6-8 months and i will not release anything that is poor quality (my previous dinosaurs excepted before you guys kill me  ;) )
After we have narrowed it down to 4 models we can then decide on the final details like anatomy, pose, scale etc.

If you can look through above and then let me have your thoughts i would really appreciate it, remember you don't have to agree!
Look forward to hearing from everyone and thank you for allowing me on your forum.

Cheers James

sauroid

hello James. welcome to DTF and glad to see you here. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum James, and thanks for considering our opinions! A poll sounds like a good idea. I'm happy to leave this in the capable hands of one of our members so if anyone wants to volunteer themselves and start a poll thread, please go ahead :)

tyrantqueen

Hello,
I was not impressed at all with Mojo's previous dinosaurs, most of them were very inaccurate and not very detailed (two things which members probably value the most), which did not endear them to the DTF members much at all. However, seeing the new mammals, I was amazed at the turn around. I think this is a very rare and useful opportunity for us. Also, I love the new Mojo vulture :)

Seijun

Personally, I am not very enthusiastic about Mojo making more dinosaurs. I would be happier if they stuck to mammals instead. We are already getting a lot of very decent dinosaurs from Collecta and safari. Unless Mojo could make dinos as good as Battat or Carnegie, then I'm not too interested. Call me impatient, lol, I would just love to see 3-4 great new mammals released a year, rather than 2 great mammals and 2 decent dinosaurs.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

I would echo what most people here have said--of Mojo's strengths, dinos so far haven't been one. In their original batch, their best wasn't even a dinosaur--it was the Sarcosuchus.

So...maybe they can play on that strength? There are lots of non-dino prehistoric animals that get ignored, or only occasionally done (most pterosaurs, marine reptiles, fish, crocodilians, other reptiles) that Mojo might be very good at. Of course they will add dinosaurs, those are a popular type of animal! But I think many of us would like to see them play to apparent strengths.

Also--toob-size figures. I like small figures. Only Safari makes them anymore (K&M no longer counts). Someone should make some to compete, and increase our collections' range!

John

I just started some new threads pertaining to what Mojo Fun are looking to develop,one for well known dinosaurs,one for not so well known dinos and one for prehistoric mammals to get the ball rolling on this. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: John on December 03, 2012, 08:41:18 PM
I just started some new threads pertaining to what Mojo Fun are looking to develop,one for well known dinosaurs,one for not so well known dinos and one for prehistoric mammals to get the ball rolling on this. :)

Thanks John 8) When I get a chance I'll create a child board for all these Mojo threads, to keep them all in one place, like our faunacasts board. When I do so, I'll announce it here and on the announcements board :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: