News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help for Mojo Fun

Started by Takama, November 28, 2012, 02:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok guys,    this is a biggie,     I recently read that Dinosaurs were not Mojo Funs best efforts.   

So, out of Instinct, I thought i give them some advice

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=105813556252968&id=153528927998804&comment_id=18453&notif_t=share_comment

I also refered them to this Forum for assistance.     Basically, The Birth of 2 or 3 dinosaur figures could be in our power.

Any thoughts on the issue.    PS i did not Email him yet

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think we're all happy to give opinions around here. We've actually participated in helping making Malcom's / Dinonikes pieces the first dino line contributed to by the forum.   

Now they could give us a species or something and let us discuss it, post info on it and such. If they kept in contact and showed us the piece we critique it along it's path..but that might be difficult.  It would be better if they had someone to talk with us here and relay the main thoughts of the group back to the artist I suppose.

Gryphoceratops

Wow nice job Takama!  Looking forward to seeing what happens.  Wonder what dinosaurs they are looking to make?

Weaver

Well, they are hoping for one Dinosaur this year. If you all saw the final wishlist for 2013 on the Facebook page you'd know what to expect. ;)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Trexroarr

So they plan on making a dinosaur for 2013 besides the Baby T-Rex? Fingers crossed it looks more like the prehistoric mammal line in terms of detail and accuracy.

This thread was a great idea, by the way.

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Mauro "Raptor86"

I think a good idea for a successful would be doing a very famous dino and some obscure species never done by other companies.
Something like that for 2014:

Triceratops, Masiakasaurus, Balaur.

Just 3, but very well done.

tyrantqueen

It was good of you do to do this :) Now, the rest is in their hands....

postsaurischian

How about Marine Reptiles? We have a true expert here ;)

Mauro "Raptor86"

Or also Flying Reptiles would be a good idea.

But they asked for dinosaurs...

Trexroarr

I say three dinosaurs a year. Two well known species and one not so well known one, one maries reprile, and one pterosaur. So 5 plus the 4 prehistoric mammals a year for 9 total.

Well maybe that is too much? Lol

John

Quote from: Trexroarr on November 28, 2012, 04:14:46 PM
I say three dinosaurs a year. Two well known species and one not so well known one, one maries reprile, and one pterosaur. So 5 plus the 4 prehistoric mammals a year for 9 total.

Well maybe that is too much? Lol
Too much?There can never be too much! :))
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Mauro "Raptor86"

By Mojo Fun:

Hi Dino Blog. This sounds like a very good idea, a consultation and then the sculpting on the open forum so that people can air their views. Mojo are 100% for this idea, let me know how you want to proceed. Many Thanks James

We have a great opportunity guys!

Primeval12

Could you make a diictodon, I've been wanting a figure of that.

Trexroarr

I officially love Mojo! Ok so this is how I think we should do it. Everyone should post a choice for the following.
2 Well Known Dinosaurs
1 Not So Well Known Dinosaur
1 Land Non-Dino
1 Marine Reptile / Aquatic Species
1 Pterosaur / Aerial Species
4 Prehistoric Mammals

Once we all pick, we should vote on the most popular for each category. When we have chosen the winners, we will submit the list to Mojo and take it from there. Thoughts?

Oh and we should try to pick species that would look good in 1/30 scale. All of their 2013 Prehistoric Mammals are in 1/30 scale. Imagine if their entire Prehistoric line was in scale with each other! They could probably give Battat a run for their money! ;)

DinoToyForum

Mojo have said that they plan to join the forum soon. I've suggested for them to open a topic here when they join, that way they can specify what sort of information they are looking for, or put out a call for data or ideas. As such, it's probably best for us all to hold on to our ideas until then :)

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Trexroarr on November 28, 2012, 07:56:06 PM

Oh and we should try to pick species that would look good in 1/30 scale. All of their 2013 Prehistoric Mammals are in 1/30 scale. Imagine if their entire Prehistoric line was in scale with each other! They could probably give Battat a run for their money! ;)

Well, there are some prehistoric beasts that were quite small, but really cool, like Masiakasaurus, Balaur, Sciurumimus and so on. For these, a scale like 1:15 or 1:20 would be better.

For the biggest ones I agree with you, 1:30 or 1:40 would be perfect.

I have seen the 2012 Mojo Tyrannosaurus in person. I know it's awful for its anatomical inaccuracies, but the plastic used is good and so the texture of the skin and the attention for details. Mojo has a lot of potential.

Trexroarr

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 28, 2012, 08:49:04 PM
Quote from: Trexroarr on November 28, 2012, 07:56:06 PM

Well, there are some prehistoric beasts that were quite small, but really cool, like Masiakasaurus, Balaur, Sciurumimus and so on. For these, a scale like 1:15 or 1:20 would be better.

For the biggest ones I agree with you, 1:30 or 1:40 would be perfect.

I have seen the 2012 Mojo Tyrannosaurus in person. I know it's awful for its anatomical inaccuracies, but the plastic used is good and so the texture of the skin and the attention for details. Mojo has a lot of potential.

Yes, that was exactly what I mean. Try to make every figure as close to say 1/30 scale as possible. Obviously smaller species would have to be in a different size, but as long as it is close, it would be alright. As long as they dont pull a Carnegie and say everything is in one scale or close to it, but it turns out to be a bunch of random scales, I'm happy.

And I agree with you about the T-Rex. If Mojo took the detail of the 2012 model and combined it with accurate-ness, it would have been amazing. Maybe after out help, the next T-Rex they make could be just that!

When Mojo joins, I'm gonna pitch them my idea from a few posts back. :)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 28, 2012, 08:07:36 PM
Mojo have said that they plan to join the forum soon. I've suggested for them to open a topic here when they join, that way they can specify what sort of information they are looking for, or put out a call for data or ideas. As such, it's probably best for us all to hold on to our ideas until then :)

Fantastic news! :D

Seijun

I would like to have an official Mojo spokesperson here before I pitch any ideas, but that being said I would rather them concentrate more on mammals than dinosaurs (or at least release an equal number of mammals and dinos), even if their dinosaurs become very accurate. There are just soooo many mammals that have never been accurately represented in toy form and are rare or nonexistent as artists resins.

Also, Mojo is amazing for even considering doing this (joining the forum for advice on sculpting dinos). They have already been amazing for relying so much on collectors for what animal species to make. I really hope their efforts and consideration pay off for them, financially. After all is said and done, they are still just making toys, and most kids don't care if their dino toys are accurate or not. So if Mojo is reading this, I thank them from the bottom of my heart for going out of their way to do this for us and for caring so much about our opinions.  ^-^
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: