News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

3D-printed Resin model kits by paleokhris

Started by Flaffy, August 12, 2022, 03:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Flaffy

Printed examples:

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres the fish may be of interest to you.

Pliosaurking

Wow these look really nice and I quite like the species choices as well
Unfortunately I'm not very handy at painting or assembling figures, but these are so nice I might just have to give at least one of them a shot

Halichoeres

Some of the tetrapods are pretty tempting too, to be honest! But yeah, Onychodus is a genus I've been hoping to see someone make for a while. Does he sell just the STL files or finished prints? He has a Shapeways store but it doesn't seem to have been updated in a long time, certainly not with these.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 12, 2022, 10:03:55 PMSome of the tetrapods are pretty tempting too, to be honest! But yeah, Onychodus is a genus I've been hoping to see someone make for a while. Does he sell just the STL files or finished prints? He has a Shapeways store but it doesn't seem to have been updated in a long time, certainly not with these.

Details on pricing are on his Facebook store and Instagram posts. Regarding the Onychodus specifically:

3D printed resin model of Onychodus, this one is 20 cm long and this kit has 2 pieces.

($54 dollars + shipping)
Payment through paypal

Based on the price, I assume it's a printed, unpainted and unassembled kit; rather than just the STL file. But I recommend contacting them directly to be sure.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on August 13, 2022, 12:54:26 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 12, 2022, 10:03:55 PMSome of the tetrapods are pretty tempting too, to be honest! But yeah, Onychodus is a genus I've been hoping to see someone make for a while. Does he sell just the STL files or finished prints? He has a Shapeways store but it doesn't seem to have been updated in a long time, certainly not with these.

Details on pricing are on his Facebook store and Instagram posts. Regarding the Onychodus specifically:

3D printed resin model of Onychodus, this one is 20 cm long and this kit has 2 pieces.

($54 dollars + shipping)
Payment through paypal

Based on the price, I assume it's a printed, unpainted and unassembled kit; rather than just the STL file. But I recommend contacting them directly to be sure.

Thank you! I'll look him up on Facebook. I follow him on Twitter but his DMs don't appear to be open.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Flaffy

More goodies, 3 of which might be of particular interest to you two ;) S @SidB avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

Stegouros & Jakapil set - $42

Erythrosuchus 3-piece kit (25cm) - $60

Stegotyranno420

stargatedalek

Has anyone purchased one of these or know someone who has to comment on the durability? I know resin printers have come a long way and some of the plastics they can use are even on par with PVC, but a lot are still using more frail materials (IE Shapeways).

SBell

I really like those fish. Does anyone know if he sells the STl files?

Halichoeres

Thanks for the heads-up, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy! I recently ordered the Onychodus, if I'd known the Birgeria was on the way I might have held off a bit!

Flaffy

Quote from: SBell on September 11, 2022, 03:38:14 AMI really like those fish. Does anyone know if he sells the STl files?

Not that I know of, unless if you're the original commissioner. You could ask the artist directly on social media, they're very responsive.

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 15, 2022, 07:43:45 PMThanks for the heads-up, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy! I recently ordered the Onychodus, if I'd known the Birgeria was on the way I might have held off a bit!

Well, I guess that's just the perfect excuse to prep for a second order from Paleokhris! ;)

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 11, 2022, 03:02:41 AMHas anyone purchased one of these or know someone who has to comment on the durability? I know resin printers have come a long way and some of the plastics they can use are even on par with PVC, but a lot are still using more frail materials (IE Shapeways).

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek Since avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres has ordered a model from Paleokhris, they could give you further details on build quality and durability when it arrives.

Bread

I'd also like to know their experience when ordering these and how to order these.

Creature

Oh, these look awesome! Thanks for sharing. 
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on September 15, 2022, 08:08:30 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on September 11, 2022, 03:02:41 AMHas anyone purchased one of these or know someone who has to comment on the durability? I know resin printers have come a long way and some of the plastics they can use are even on par with PVC, but a lot are still using more frail materials (IE Shapeways).

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek Since avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres has ordered a model from Paleokhris, they could give you further details on build quality and durability when it arrives.

Yes, indeed. Soon I'll be featuring one of them on my collection thread.

Bread

An artist I have do paint-ups and kit builds just received the 2 3D printed models from Paleokhris.

Shipping was expensive but it included all custom fees, etc.

I'll hopefully receive the models in the next 2 weeks or so. I'll post more once I have these in hand.

Halichoeres

In case anyone curious missed it, I shared some photos and thoughts on the Onychodus print here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg330015#msg330015

Flaffy

Just sharing here to show the potential of Paleokhris's sculpts.

1/35 Tyrannosaurus rex
Sculpt: avatar_Paleokhris @Paleokhris
Paint and finish: @dinosaur_model_artworks

Bread

Ahhh yes! I can't wait to have this in hand. I was planning on revealing this shortly lol.

I recommend anyone this model kit! Probably one of the best models to get that represents Prehistoric Planet's Tyrannosaurus! This one is based on the old bull that we see in Freshwater episode.

Also, paleokrhis has this model at $90 plus free shipping (US only)! Does not include buildup.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: