News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D He, he ... I like the retro Megalo. Pretty good detail for white, strong & flexible (which I guess)!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 15, 2013, 02:11:24 PM
:D He, he ... I like the retro Megalo. Pretty good detail for white, strong & flexible (which I guess)!
You guess correctly :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..I'm saying that a lot recently..lol Really awesome piece ! Can't wait to get one !

tyrantqueen

Here's a comparision of the 1/40 Coronasaurus, Pentaceratops and Chasmosaurus with two well known models, for anyone who is curious about the sizes. Sorry about the poor lighting :-[

mb-cg

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 15, 2013, 11:29:01 AM
1/40 Megalosaurus by Manuel Bejarano.

My photos do not do justice to this beautiful model <3 I hope to see more retrosaurs from Mr Bejarano, perhaps some good ol' tail draggers? ;D I think they could be a series- the next in the series could be this one:

Then leading up to a modern, fully bipedal reconstruction (which would be even more awesome since there are no real good depictions of modern Meggy anyway)
This is just a suggestion of course. I will continue to support mb-cg productions if he keeps making awesome models like these :)

I'm glad you like it and thanks for sharing the photos. It's great to see that the details remain in the Megalosaurus being WSF, there were lots of wrinkles to sculpt in the model... XD

martin garratt

Pentaceratops painted for a friend; liked it so much I had to order one - as well as others.

gorgosaurus

Nice work Martin.
Spike.

Jodee

Jetoar

Wonderful Megalosaurus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Bokisaurus

mb-cg ceratopsians in 1:40 scale
Really beautiful models!
[

The herd

Rare breeds pentaceratops

with the rest of the herd

tyrantqueen

Would you be so kind as to post more photos of the RareBreed Penta? I have been toying with getting that model, but I am not 100% sure if I like it or not (I generally would prefer to my ceratopsians to be more robust)
Thanks

Gorgonzola

These were two I just made - a standing and running Carnotaurus, both in 1/72 scale.  Hoping to do a few more in the future, and squeeze in time to get these guys painted up and based.

tyrantqueen

Those Carnos look nice :) Any plans for a bigger scale? I'd be interested if that is so.

Many people like to have the choice of buying in different scales to suit their collecting preferences.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice Carnos !

TQ is right, some like the little guys , others it's 1/40 or bigger.. ;D

Simon

Any chance of doing the running Carnotaurus in 1/40 scale? I'll order it right now!  Count me in.

Gorgonzola

Yeah, I'd actually love to do a 1/40 scale as well!  I was planning to finish up a variety of parasaurolophus poses so herd dioramas could be made pretty easily (like laying down, grazing, scratching itches, etc.) before I revisited any models to upscale, but I can definitely pop back over to the little weirdos and make them 1/40 scale.  Really the only thing I need to tweak is how hollow the models are, since I'd love to make FUD as affordable as possible for them.

I'm planning to do Cryolophosaurus and Camarasaurus once the Parasaurolophus herd is taken care of, though I worry the Camarasaurus may hit the size limitations.  After that?  Not sure, but I'm open to suggestions.

tyrantqueen

I might suggest that you make your own thread in the art section, since this is just a general thread for people to show off their own shapeways purchases :)

As for specific species, I would like to see some piscavore dinosaurs (Baryonyx, Suchomimus, or even Ichthyovenator), some of the more obscure abelisaurids, and maybe a Concavenator (considering that Carnegie's offering was a bit of a disappointment) Just suggestions, of course.

Man, Shapeways artists keep getting better and better ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I received my 1/40 Para by MB-CG and David Krentz's Chubby Allosaurus :

Both were painted by Melissa Frankford. :)

postsaurischian

:D Melissa's painting style is absolutely beautiful! Love the Parasaurolophus and David's chubby Allosaurus is such a cutie :).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've just updated the list of Shapeways designers. I guess it's growing constantly.

Moderators: Would it be possible to put just the list on top of the beginning of this thread? So it could be updated regularly and easily be found.

Himmapaan

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 02, 2013, 08:34:13 AM
I've just updated the list of Shapeways designers. I guess it's growing constantly.

Moderators: Would it be possible to put just the list on top of the beginning of this thread? So it could be updated regularly and easily be found.

Perhaps TQ wouldn't mind if we edit her first post to include your list?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: